- Over 10+ years of extensive experience in IT industry including fortune 500 companies like Accenture, IBM, and SunGard as BI Report developer and Application Developer.
- 7+ years of experience in implementing Business Intelligence and data warehousing solutions using Business Objects, Crystal report, Crystal Xcelsius, Central Management Console (CMC), BI Launch Pad & Information Design Tool.
- Experience in working with standard and custom InfoObjects, InfoSources, InfoPackages, ODS, InfoCubes and Multiproviders. Involved as a key member of project teams through all phases of realization, go-live, rollout and post implementation support of SAP BW in SD and FI modules.
- 3+ years of lead experience, managing team of 5 -10 people, defining project requirement, project scope, desgin and development and conducting user trainning.
- Experience in designing and building the Business Objects Universe and Building WEBI Reports on Business Objects XI 3.1/4.0
- Sound knowledge of various data design models- Entity Relationship(ER), Multi Dimensional/ Star Schema and Extended Star Schema models. Experience with data staging techniques and database design.
- Written several Custom Functions in Crystal Reports for the reuse of complex business logic and avoid duplicacy and rework across the report objects.
- Design, Develop & Test complex Business Objects Universes with features like Aggregate Awareness, Contexts, Pre-Defined Conditions, Cascading Prompts, Outer Joins & Complex metrics.
- Well versed in creation of InfoObjects, ODS, InfoCube, MultiProvider, InfoSet, InfoSource. Create InfoPackages to load Master and Transaction data from SAP R/3, CRM and Flat files into BW System.
- Work extensively in front-end Business Warehouse Query Components using Calculated and Restricted Key Figures, Variables, Structures and Conditions for complex reporting and worked on query performance optimization.
- Integrate complex data from disparate sources into a data warehouse and applying strong analytical skills to develop existing business reports with high level of complexity, thus reducing the time to generate these reports manually to complete automation.
- Strong design and development ability with database like SQL Server and Oracle. Extensive experience with database queries, views and stored procedures.
- Strong Knowledge and experience in software development life cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance.
- Motivated and focused team player with excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills.
MS In Science
BW305 - BW - Enterprise Reporting, Query & Analysis
BW310 SAP BW Data Warehousing
Business Object Certified Professional (BOCP)
Employer Title Employment Period
Confidential, BOBJ Developer March 2011 – Present
Confidential, BI Developer Dec 2011 - Feb, 2011
Confidential, BOBJ Report Developer Dec 2010 – Sept 2011
Confidential, BI Report Developer Aug 2002 – Dec 2010
SAP SAP BW 7.0, SAP CRM, R3, ECC 6.0
Business Intelligence Tools Business Objects 4.0, XI 3.1/XI R2, Web Intelligence 3.1/XI R2, Crystal Reports XI/ 2008, Crystal Xcelsius, QaaWS, SAP Integration Toolkit, InfoView, CMC
RDBMS SQL Server, Oracle 9i/8i, DB2, MS Access
Servers Windows 2000/2003, IIS, Citix
Web Technologies ASP, .Net, Java Script, VB Script, XML, HTML
Language SQL, PL/SQL, C
Software Visual Basic, MS Visio, Visual Source Safe, Visual Studio
Experience/ Project Work
Client: Confidential, Pennsylvania March, 12 – Present
- Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Involved in requirement analysis and effort estimation for report development and deployment.
- Responsible for preparation of Technical Specifications documents and Training guides
- Understand the business needs and implement the same into a functional database design
- Extract data from mainframe to Netezza appliance. Applied business logic and manipulation before loading. Created ODBC connection to Business Objects Client tools to Netezza.
- Build the new universes as per the user requirements.
- Created complex summarized and drill down WEBI reports.
- Exported the Universes to the Repository to make resources available to the users for ad-hoc report needs.
- Provided training for end users for generating their own report including complicated report.
- Involved in Business requirements gathering and Preparation of Technical Specifications documents and Training guides
Client: Confidential, Virginia Dec, 11 – Feb, 12
Involved in design and development of BW objects, Transformation using SAP ASAP methodology.
- Created functional and technical spec, including Master Data, InfoCube, MultiProvider and DSO.
- Involved in OLTP extraction from SAP ECC using Generic extractor. Also extracted data from Flat file.
- Built back end objects like Info objects, Data Store Objects, Transformation , Info cubes, Multi providers as per technical specs.
- Design queries in BeX Query Designer using conditions, structures, calculated and restricted Key figures and variables.
- Worked with software tool SOLMAN for tracking the defects and other issues
Client: Confidential, Philadelphia Dec, 10 – Sept, 11
BOBJ Report Developer
Responsibilities as a BOBJ Developer include building business intelligence and data warehousing solutions. Assist clients in defining report requirement, project scope and resources.
- Responsibility includes scheduling and monitoring data loads, report processing, supporting report developers, performing requirements gathering and data modeling for system enhancements and future releases, addressing production break and fix issues, managing transport migration process, recommend and implement performance tuning enhancements as needed.
- Design BeX Queries base on Infocube and DSO using conditions, structures, calculated and restricted key figures and formula variables.
- Develop highly complex and formatted Webi reports for internal management.
- Created WEBI reports with Hierarchy prompt, calculation, chart, drill down features, formulas and variables. Created hyperlinked WebI reports with Opendocument functions.
- Created InfoObjects, InfoSources and Source Systems to load data into InfoCubes using Transformation and DTP.
- Worked extensively with Datawarehouse WorkBench (DWB).
- Ensure that the reports produced are accurate, relevant, complete and actionable.
- Implement best practices in reports and universe development.
- Facilitate team with writing technical design specifications for the data flow.
- Developed complex interactive dashboards using Query as Web Service in Xcelsius 2008.
- Conduct Training session for Power Users on creating ad-hoc reports and various functionalities of WEBI reports.
- Design and develop WEBI reports in BO 4.0 to evaluate new feature and functionality to support the future upgrade.
- Published reports on Business Objects Enterprise and Configured Infoview and Central Managament Console. Schedul Reports for the users.
Confidential, Whippany, NJ Aug, 02- Dec 2010 BI Report Developer
TheMIGroup is a global provider of Relocation and Assignment Management Programs. Involved as a key member of project teams through all phases of realization, go-live, rollout and post implementation support of SAP BW
Design and develop Crystal Report Integrated with BW using complex queries, subreports. Enhance visual interpretation by adding chart and graph. Create On-Demand Sub reports and Hierarchical Grouping.
Built Dimension, Measure and Detail Business Objects by using calculations, variables, breaks, master detail, sorting, drill down, slice and dice, alerts, joins, hierarchies, ranking features to generate adhoc, automated and complex reports.
Involve with Crystal Xcelsius and QaaWS (Query as Web Services) report design, develop and deployment. Successfully deliver several complex Xcelsius dashboards.
Published reports on Business Objects Enterprise and Configured Infoview and Central Managament Console. Schedul Reports for the users. Configured CMC to print the reports in various format.
Experience with BusinessObjects Integration Kit for SAP. Connect with SAP Business Warehouse Queries using MDX Query Driver.
Expertise over preparing report specifications and database designs to support the reporting requirements.
Develop, Maintain and enhance reports for TheMIGroup interactive website in ASP.Net/SQL Server. Built and test MDX queries and reports in ASP.net.
Perform daily Database tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server Enterprise Manager. Develop and create stored procedures, advanced queries, triggers, views and functions.