Business Analyst/qa Resume
- 8+ years of varied experience in the fields of IT. Handled projects in Banking, Mortgage and Financial industries. Focused on Business analysis, Data analysis, Testing, Reporting, Product Implementations, Software Development, Documentation, Requirement Analysis, and Project Management Methodologies includes RUP, Agile, and Waterfall etc.
- Clear understandingon migration issues in various platforms. Managed all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) thoroughly.
- Excellent communication and Presentation skills. Experience working with business users as well as senior management.
- Expertise in identifying, developing and managing business and functional requirement specifications.
- Interfaced with Subject Matter expertise in corporate action, Mergers and acquisitions, Equities, Foreign Exchange and Derivatives to prepare documents.
- Proficient in using UML for Business Process Modelling, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams and document them using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Excellent Team player to work in conjunction with testers, developers and other team members in validation and testing complex scenarios and projects and in the maintenance of Quality Standards in Projects.
- Adaptable, organized, result and detail - oriented individual with excellent work ethic plus strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Dedicated, diligent, analytically dexterous & good problem solving skills. Ability to work well under pressure.
- Lead and worked with teams to examine and solve business problems by accurately analysing the needs of clients and helping them achieve improved quality and value for their customers and prioritize the requirement.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic project expectations, in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly. .
Methodologies: Agile, RUP, Waterfall, Spiral, Iterative, UML, Six Sigma, CMM
Database: SAP, MS SQL, MS-Access.
Business Modelling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio
Requirement Management Tools: Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Rose), HP Quality Centre
Project Management Tools: Microsoft Products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint Project Management, Visual Source Safe & Outlook, Lotus Notes, Lotus Same Time.
Languages: UML 2.0, HTML, XML, SQL, Visual Basic
Confidential - Chicago, IL
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing requirements from client, understanding and sharing the knowledge with the development and QA team for their better understanding.
- Prepared Test plan and test Suite template to use during testing phase.
- Responsible for reviewing and Analyzing Business Requirements and preparing detailed Test Plans
- Responsible for Filtering and assigning bugs to the development team in the capacity of onsite coordinator.
- Involved in reviewing of test Scenarios and Test cases.
- Involved in Functional, Integration, System, Navigation and smoke testing.
- Responsible for QA deliveries to stake holders.
- Responsible for creating testing time lines and include them along with the Dev estimates and provide timelines to the client.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting estimates and timelines to client and get approvals.
- Responsible for preparing various test metrics and project status documents to keep client and various stake holders aware of the current status of the project.
- Created business requirements documents, functional specifications documentation, test plans documents and developed functional requirements that supported the overall objective through meetings with Business Area Managers and other stakeholders.
- Prioritized business and systems problems; analyzed legislation and conducted impact analysis andcreated impact analysis documents based on the requirements
- Determined user/business/functional requirements. Created vision, scope and use case documents, business process models and activity diagram
- Involved in UAT testing, data migration and implementation for the business systems.
- Developed standard operating procedure document for client to set up a production team across various places globally
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications
- Involved in Unit testing, Integration testing, System Testing and Regression testing Metadata project using Load runner.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system issues, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met
- Assist in the translation of business data requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Participated in different management scenarios like Change control, Quality Assurance, Defect tracking, system integration, people management and scheduling
- Used Quality Center for generating Requirements, Test sets, and Test plan and for reporting defects based on the approved functional and technical document by clients.
- Possessed reasonable understanding of different relational database, writing simple SQL queries, creating tables and generating reports required for the application
- Prepared project progress reports and status reports and submitted to the management on an ongoing basis
- Interacted with the development and testing teams to improve overall quality of the application.
- Used prototypes to demonstrate the behavior of the system
- Managed Traceability matrix to trace business requirements, functional requirements and use cases
- Identified opportunities of business process improvement and initiate efforts to make improvement in the application.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project, HP Quality Centre, QTP, Loadrunner, Base Camp, XML Marker,Snagit, SQL
Confidential, Dearborn, MI
- Gathering market data including real time and historical price data, financial data, and trading news using financial data source named Bloomberg.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
- Used Test Director, PL/SQL for testing the application
- Develop Logical and Physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used ScrumWork Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Deep understanding of Structured System Development Methodologies
- Designing and customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources
- Assisted Project Management in developing Scope/ Vision Documentation and Project Plan, tracking project process, and developed Risk Mitigation Plan
- Establish documentation for Agile methodology for implementation with a very water-fall-centric development team.
- Created Interface test cases, report test cases, expected results validation, defect tracking using clear quest, version control using Clear Case VOB
- Responsible for creating a business process and workflow documentation using BPMN standards.
- Created standard test case template according to the company requirements and standards.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling and Business Process flow diagrams
- Solid Experience in Collection, analyses, and documentation of User Requirements, as well as Organizing interviews, User meetings, workshops, JAD sessions and requirement elicitation sessions
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams etc.
Environment: Windows, MS Access, MS Office(MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Visio), RUP, UML, SQL, SWOT, Teradata, AGILE, ClearQuest, GAP Analysis, Win Runner
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
- Created Merchant Analytics and Reporting Capability (MARC) and Rapid Analytics and Modelling Platform (RAMP).
- Identified data issues that occur within the GMW programs at both warehouse and source levels.
- Clearly translated scope of the requirements from BRD to clearly distinguish in-scope v/s out-of-scope explaining the underlying reasons as to the feasibility as well as brief summary on implementation aspects.
- Track hierarchy changes over a period and also helps in decision making as per business needs.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business unit to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, and process and revenue streams.
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes
- On the organization and plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations
- Collaborated with development architect and the business users to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet the business needs.
- Provided inputs in the strategic development of detailed project plans, work assignments, Target dates, etc.
- Analyzed and designed an object-oriented domain for GMAR database.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions and developing design documents.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, for OOD using UML.
- Performed extensive business process analysis including data analysis and GAP analysis.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical Areas throughout the project cycle.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and User Acceptance Testing.
- Interpreted mathematical and statistical results to recommend solution consistent with Corporate policy.
- Worked with consultants and business partners to analyze response and risk models to analysed research on operational procedures and methods and recommend changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Project, UML, Citrix, GUI, SQL, Agile Environment, Quality Centre
Confidential, NYCONTENT/Business Analyst
- Assisted and played a major role in companywide adaptation of agile methodology. Introduced the story board technique for effective iteration tracking
- Acted as the Scrum Master for most of the daily scrum meetings in the absence of the Project Manager.
- Analyze financial News to source Corporate Actions, Public and Private Equity Offerings and Merger and Acquisition, Commodities, Equity derivates, Mutual funds, fixed income and personally developed strategies to base decisions making process.
- Performed requirement analysis and delivered final requirement documents.
- Functioned as the liaison between business community and project team.
- Streamlined clerical work processes and mapped to the automated system.
- Liaise with local exchange to ensure data is maintained at company standards.
- Methodologies used include object-oriented analysis and design, and business process reengineering.
- Adhere to Change Control procedures, Data Operations standards and current data policies and procedures.
- Analysed cost budgeting, cost control, cost performance index (CPI) for the development of the project.
- Coordinated with the technicians, developers and designers to set up a new e-commerce site for Thomson Reuter’s products
- Conducted feasibility study on market behaviour regularly and kept the organization updated about the changing trends and customs in derivatives market.
- Respond to stakeholders issues on a daily basis, alert internal and external stakeholders when data issues are identified using Seibel.
- Responsible for updating all ecommerce activities whenever new product is launched or extra features are added.
- Developed test scenarios and implemented test plan, providing key input in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Created process flow models by means of Use Cases diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Using detailed knowledge of application features and functions assess scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
- Assist in user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Assist in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements
- Initiate new methods of working and ways to improve data and service provided to clients.
- Understand Reuter’s product to provide a higher degree of service and better data.
- Participated in the identification, understanding and documentation of business requirements.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Conducted workflow and process diagram to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements for Equity market.
- Initiated new method of working and ways to improve data and service provided to clients.
- Ensured that the relevant database administration procedures are maintained and adhered to and that all processes are documented.
- Played a key role in the planning, UAT, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
Environment: UML,Net meeting, SQL, MS Access, MS Excel,HTML,Microsoft Visio, Word, Outlook, Siebel
- Created and reviewed business requirements documents, functional specifications documentation, test plans documents and developed functional requirements that supported the overall objective through meetings with
- Business Area Managers and other stakeholders.
- Conducted user interviews with mortgage servicing departments, gathering requirements, analysing the requirement.
- Assisted both the QA and UAT teams in the building of Test and Use Cases.
- Work collaboratively with the client, management team and peers to effectively administer and track all duties associated with client delivery.
- Conducted interviews, gathered requirements and analysed the requirements of the project.
- Involved in gathering and documenting the requirements that were critical to the business process and using those requirements to design application software.
- Prepare weekly Team Performance Report’s and conduct weekly Team Meetings to discuss the strategies and initiate new Ideas to further improve the delivery of project.
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that were cost effective and met business requirements.
- Collating challenges experienced by executives and discussing the same on conference calls with client to develop a resolution.
- Conducted JAD, RAD sessions and weekly meetings with the project team throughout the development life cycle.
- Ensure that the productivity of team operation meets or exceeds industry standards.
- Tracking of incident response times and service desk performance against Slaps through Remedy.
- Authenticated technical designs created by IT developers and ensured if they tallied with the functional specifications
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team
- Performed Testing of the feeds for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance regulations are maintained during all customer interactions through carrying quality monitoring using CRM tools.
- Analysed and documented software bugs and usability issues for developers.
Environment: Citrix, Siebel, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, SAP.
- Responsible for gathering functional requirements from end users and obtain their feedback on system functionality.
- Gathered business requirements, analyzed and prioritized system requirements.
- Documented business requirements, and communicated these requirements to the development team for the design and implementation of business solutions.
- Developed Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams and Flow chart that provided the development team a view of the requirements.
- Assist in the translation of business data requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Participated in different management scenarios like Change control, Quality Assurance, Defect tracking, system integration, people management and scheduling.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes