- Worked extensively on Erwin and ER Studio in several projects in both OLAP and OLTP applications.
- Over 6 years of experience in designing and developing end-to-end BI solutions according to standard OLAP methodologies using Siebel Analytics / Oracle Business Intelligence OBIEE / Oracle Business Intelligence Apps BI Apps . Including 2 full life cycle implementations.
- Over 8 years of overall IT experience as an OBIEE Admin/Developer and Oracle Applications consultant with strong development skills in Order Management, Purchasing, Inventory, General Ledger, Account Payables, Account Receivables, Fixed Assets.
- Expertise in data modelling, design and development of ETL Data mart, Development/Administration of DAC, Informatica and OBIEE repositories, building OBIEE Dashboards/Reports and OBI Publisher reportsin Banking, Financial, Pharmaceutical, and Sales Marketing domains.
- Expertise in design and development of the three layers Physical/Business Model and Mapping/Presentation of an OBI Metadata Repository using Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Experience in creating Dimensional Hierarchy, Level based measures and Aggregate Navigation in BMM layer.
- Extensively worked on BI Answers, BI Dashboards and BI Delivers.
- Expertise in creating Dynamic Dashboards and Reports using Prompts, Filters, Calculations, Conditional Formatting, Drill-across, Drill-down properties.
- Experience in Oracle Spatial database and designing interactive maps using MapBuilder and MapViewer tools.
- Worked with Oracle Primavera Analytics v3.2.
- Extensively worked on Extract, Transformation and Loading of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse.
- Expertise in writing, testing and implementation of Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Packages and design of star schema at database level using SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience in Security Setup at both Object and Data levels, which involved creation of users/ groups, Access privileges, LDAP authentication setup, External table and configuration of Multiuser Development Environment.
- Expertise in Repository and Web Catalogproduction migrations.
- Experience in XML/BI Publisher, which includes working on report development objects like data templates and RTFs.
- Extensive experience in Unit, Regression, Performance, Integration and User Acceptance testing methodologies.
- Devised strategy for refreshing reports Query caching. Optimized database indexes and run statistics process for enhancing query performance.
- Experience in supporting the production system and handling day-to-day issues.
- Experience in training business users on OBIEE Answers and Dashboards and educating technical super users and administrators on repository and web catalog migrations procedures with Oracle best practices.
- Strong Technical and Functional experience in OLAP Designing, Administration, Development, Reporting, and Migration of various financial applications using Hyperion Essbase, Essbase Integration Services EIS , Shared Services9.3, Hyperion System 9 BI , Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Business Rule, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Reports, Hyperion Analyzer, Hyperion Workspace, Hyperion Application link HAL , ESSCMD, MaxL, Calc Script, MDX, Essbase Spreadsheet Services, Web analysis and Hyperion Smart View
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies, good team player in dynamic work group environments and also self motivated to work independently with excellent communication skills.
Reporting ToolsOBIEE 11.1.1.x/10.1.3.x, DAC 7.x, Siebel Analytics 7.7 / 7.8, ODI, OBI Publisher
11.1.1.x /10.1.3.4, Oracle MapViewer 11.1.1.x, Hyperion Essbase 7.1.2/9.3.1/9.3.2, Essbase Integration Server 7.1/9.1.2 EIS ,Hyperion Essbase Administrative Services 9.1.2/7.x, Hyperion Planning System 9.3.1/9.3.0/3.3, Hyperion Application Link HAL 7.3/7.1, Hyperion Shared Services 9.3, MaxL, MDX, ESSCMD.
ETL Tools Informatica Power Center 8.x/7.x/6.x, DAC 7.8.5
Operating Systems MVS, Windows95/98/NT/XP/7, UNIX, MS DOS
Languages SQL, PL/SQL, COBOL, JCL
OLTP / Middleware CICS, MQ Series
Tools Utilities SQL Developer, SQL Plus, PL/SQL Developer, TOAD, SPUFI, QMF, File Aid,
ChangeMan, MS Office, IBM Utilities, SDF II
Databases Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2000, Teradata,DB2 UDB, VSAM, MS- Access
Data ModelingPhysical Modeling, Logical Modeling, Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling Star Schema, Snow-Flake, FACT, Dimensions , Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, ER Diagrams, Erwin r7.1/7.2, ER Studio V8.0.1 and Oracle Designer, OLAP.
BI Apps Developer
- Involved in Financials, Supply Chain, Procurement and Spend, HR modules of BI apps to help better organize and quick decision making. The goal of the project was to upgrade the existing functionality with the new OBIEE 11g capabilities and also developing new functionality in addition to the existing one.
- Installed, Configured and developed BI Apps Financials, Supply Chain, Procurement and Spend, HR modules.
- Worked extensively with Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer.
- Created numerous executive level reports. 'Dashboards' were generated to provide insight into the financial data.
- Gathered Business requirements by interacting with the Business Analysts and the business users.
- Installed and configured OBIEE 11g and Performed upgrade related activities from OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1 to OBIEE 184.108.40.206.
- Used Oracle Primavera Project Planner v.3.1 and Enterprise PPM, project management and control software to successfully meet the requirement specification, Critical Path Method scheduling, cost control and resource analysis requirements for the project.
- Attended coordination meetings to aid in synchronizing existing system requirements in coordination with new construction demands, relative to existing and proposed CPM schedules.
- Provided Consultant Technical Engineering Managers Power specialized CPM schedules in their areas of responsibility.
- Designed OracleBIEE Repository at 3 layers i.e., Physical Layer connecting Data sources import schema , Business Model / data mapping create Logical tables data source mapping and Presentation Layer as per the Universes in Business Objects and followed best practices.
- Created dimension hierarchies, aggregates, and logical sources in the BMM layer as per the Universes in Business Objects.
- Extensively used repository variables, session variables and presentation variables.
- Used the security settings in OBIEE Admin tool to setup users, Groups and Access privileges.
- Created views and aggregated tables to improve performance in rpd.
- Worked with Cache Manager to improve performance.
- Created dynamic Dashboards with Dashboard prompts, Charts, Pivot Tables, Guided Navigation Links and Sections.
- Used Column Filter prompts and various views such as Pivots Table, Charts, Narrative Views and View Selector.
- Setup Usage tracking option to monitor frequently run reports in order to provide caching for the reports and perform database optimization by analyzing query performance.
- Modified the InstanceConfig.xml in order to configure the maximum number of rows,columns,sections required on the reports.
- Created user level security for Intelligence dashboards based on Business Requirement and Business Objects.
- Replicated the Reports, Dashboard, and Functionality in Business Objects to OBIEE nearly 500 reports .
- Created Mock up Reports for the new business requirements.
- Created iBots to send pre-processed reports using Delivers.
- Integrated BI Publisher with OBIEE.
- Created Templates, Reports, Prompts in BI Publisher.
- Schedule reports and bursting as per the requirement in BI Publisher and represented then in OBIEE dashboards.
- Performed Data Validation of data in the reports.Expertise ininstallationandconfigurationof Hyperion products such as Essbase, Planning, Analyzer and Reports on both Windows and UNIX environments and maintain security through Shared Services.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC in the Hyperion Essbase environment.
- In depth knowledge of OLTP System Study, E-R model, relational Database Design, developing Database Schemas like Star schema and Snowflake schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional modeling.
- Created dimensional model for the reporting system by identifying required dimensions and facts using Erwin r7.1
- Used Erwin for reverse engineering to connect to existing database and ODS to create graphical representation in the form of Entity Relationships and elicit more information
- Used Model Mart of Erwin for effective model management of sharing, dividing and reusing model information and design for productivity improvement
- Extensively used SQL Tuning and Indexes to improve performance.
- Used Toad to debug the SQL query to identify duplicate rows in the warehouse tables, and to debug SQL query issued during report execution.
- Provided to Training to the business users on OBIEE Answers and Dashboards and educating technical super users and administrators on repository and web catalog migrations procedures with OBIEE Best Practices.
- Performed Unit Testing by comparing the data in OBIEE and Business Objects.
- Documented the conversion process from Business Objects to OBIEE for future reference.
- Involved and Migrated rpd and catalog to Development to UAT to Production environment.
Environment: Oracle Primavera EPPM Enterprise Project Portfolio Management ,BI Apps 220.127.116.11, Web Logic Server ,OBIEE 18.104.22.168,Oracle BIEE 10.1.3.4,OBIEE 10.1.3.3,BI Publisher, Teradata,Oracle 10g/11g , ER-win 4.0, TOAD,UNIX,Hyperion Essbase 7.1.2/9.3.1/9.3.2, Essbase Integration Server 7.1/9.1.2 EIS , Hyperion Essbase Administrative Services 9.1.2/7.x.
OBIEE Admin/ Developer
- Worked closely with the business users and developers to make sure that business requirements are correctly translated into database schemas and ultimately into the application.
- Interacted with end users and developers to validate the data model.
- Requirement validation of the reports and drilldowns with business users.
- Performed upgrade related activities from Siebel Analytics to OBIEE.
- Designed and Built Oracle BIEE Repository at 3 layers i.e., Physical Layer connecting Data sources import schema , Business Model / data mapping create Logical tables data source mapping and Presentation Layer level create presentation catalogs , create presentation folders, test and validate the model.
- Responsible for creating users and maintaining visibility privileges using Analytics administration on the repository side.
- Expert in cache management, Repository migration, data level and object level security in OBIEE
- Generated Reports and Dashboards by using Report features like Pivot tables, charts and view selector.
- Created dashboards with global prompts, column selectors, navigation, and automatic drill-down.
- Created Sales Scorecard, Weekly Sales Summary and Daily Sales Summary reports.
- Created reports on Sales Objectives Target vs. Actual , Sales effectiveness Direct Sales, Indirect sales .
- Worked with Cache Manager to improve performance.
- Created View , Aggregate Table and Indexes to improve performance
- Integrated BI Publisher with OBIEE.
- Created workflows for full load and incremental loads to be used by DAC
- Created Templates, Reports, Prompts in BI Publisher.
- Created Sales Dashboards for different positions Hierarchy in different Business Units.
- Extensively worked on data validation of the data in the reports and dashboards.
- Involved in migration from Development to QA to Production environment.
- Prepared design, development and test documentation.
- Performed unit and integration for all components in OBIEE.
- Provided training to the End user's on OBIEE Answers, Dashboard and Admin Tool using OBIEE best Practices.
- Documented project details and Test cases for future reference.
- Worked at conceptual/logical/physical data model level using Erwin according to requirements.
- Involved in exhaustive documentation for technical phase of the project and training materials.
- Used Reverse Engineering approach to redefine entities, relationships and attributes in the data model as per new specifications in Erwin after analyzing the database systems currently in use.
Environment:Oracle OBIEE 22.214.171.124, Oracle BIEE 10.1.3.2, BI Publisher, Oracle 10g/11g, Siebel 7.8.5, DAC 7.8.4,TOAD,UNIX, ERWIN, ER Studio.
Oracle Apps /OBIEE Admin Consultant
- Designed and Developed New Financial Dashboard pages in General Ledger, Payables and Receivables.
- Implemented dynamic dashboard prompts to zoom into particular segments of the business in a performance-optimized manner.
- Used various Transformations like Lookup, Expression, Filter, and Joiner for cleansing and consistent data.
- Created reports in Answers and embedded them in Dashboards according to the requirements.
- Optimized performance by tuning the Informatica ETL.
- Designed and developed various Dashboards that are Dynamic Interactive with drill-down drill-across capabilities with local global filters.
- Designed Employee Information Report.
- Developed an Interface for the Standard Items of Sales Orders Import in Order Management.
- Designed and developed Customer Interface, Auto Lockbox Interface.
- Developed an interface program using API for loading item On Hand quantity balances.
- Designed and developed custom Dashboards.
- Demonstrated the willingness to tackle several types of issues like Translation, Metadata Changes, ETL Changes and Performance.
- Updated and tested DAC ETL execution plans. Documented installation, upgrade and customization procedures for release.
- Customized the standard AR Aging Report and Invoice History Report by using XML/BI Publisher.
- Developed Open interface to import orders from legacy system to apps.
- Developed Give Service Report using XML/BI Publisher in Service Contracts.
Environment: Oracle Applications 11i 11.5.10 General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Account Receivables, Order Management, Service Contracts, Install Base, Inventory, OBIEE 10.1.3.2.1,Informatica 7.x, XML/BI Publisher, Oracle 9i, Discoverer 10g, Financials Analytics , Windows 2000/NT, SQL Plus, TOAD, UNIX
Sr. OBIEE Developer /ETL Developer
- Used OBIEE Administration Tool for customizing and modifying the Physical, Business Model/Mapping and Presentation layers of metadata repository .rpd .
- Worked with business analyst and users Financial Advisors or FAs to gather analytics requirements and created the business model using star schemas.
- Worked with System Engineering team to design Facts, Dimensions and Hierarchies of the business model.
- Designing and developing physical and logical star schema using OBIEE admin tool.
- Creating complex joins/keys, setting levels to support Drill-down, Aggregation/Sum over columns.
- Modified presentation layer dimensions and attributes to match user requirements.
- Creating global filters, complex queries, prompts, reports charts, tables, graphs in Answers.
- Setup and administered Usage Tracking using the direct insert process.
- Configured interactive dashboards by adding embedded content such as links/images, HTML objects and folders.
- Configured repository and session variables to get dynamic reports and dashboards.
- Good working knowledge of Trader, Broker, and Mutual fund tables.
- Used Catalog Manager to maintain Analytics web catalog to manage Dashboards and Answers.
- Used the Security settings in Oracle BI Admin Tool to set up SSO, users, groups, access privileges and query privileges.
- Peer review of code, testing, monitoring NQSQuery and tuning reports.
- Designed, developed and documented multiple interfaces using the Informatica Power Center.
- Developed Informatica mappings and mapplets to build key interfaces using transformations Source Qualifier, Joiner, Update Strategy, Lookup, Rank, Expressions, and Aggregator for loading the data into data warehouse.
- Optimal utilization of object-reusability features like reusable transformations, mapplets, copying objects from other repositories, using variable/parameters for simplifying mappings.
- Performance tuning of Informatica data warehouse loads, including Informatica Server Manager and PL/SQL procedures.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Informatica 8.1, DAC 7.8.5, OBI Publisher 10.1.3.4, Sybase, SQL Server 2005,
Oracle 10GR2, TOAD, Windows XP.
Siebel Analytics/ETL Developer
- Created and administered the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer, Presentation Layer in a Siebel Analytics repository.
- Created connection pools, physical tables, defined joins and implemented authorizations in the physical layer of the repository.
- Developed custom reports/Ad-hoc queries using Siebel Answers and assigned them to application specific dashboards.
- Configure Interactive Dashboards with delivers/iBots to alert the marketing team about business changes.
- Managed day-to-day Rpd, Siebel Delivers, Scheduler and iBots.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements.
- Created groups in the repository and added users to the groups and granted privileges explicitly and through group inheritance.
- Designed and developed new Aggregates using Informatica ETL processes.
- Created mappings for initial load and daily updates using Informatica.
Environment: Siebel Analytics 7.5.2, Informatica 6.1, Oracle 8i, UNIX, SQL server, Windows NT 2000
- Created and customized database with appropriate table spaces to increase the performance.
- Created stored procedures and triggers to view, update and enter the check-in and checkout procedures.
- SQL Loader was used to convert the data from the Excel to oracle tables.
- Prepare detailed statistical reports in MS Access and MS Excel to track progress of weekly, monthly and quarterly customers and sales growth.
- PL/SQL was extensively utilized for coding and writing complex database triggers, stored procedures and packages.
- Sub-queries and joins were extensively used in stored procedures.
- Created database triggers to automate the transactions that take place online.
- Used dynamic SQL to find out the availability of tickets.
- Optimize the SQL statements using hints and created SQL scripts to tune performances and make backups.