- Over 18 years of comprehensive in-depth experience in the Information Technology industry with 14 years specialization and expertise in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence area. Accomplished Data Warehouse Architecture, Data Architect, Data Modeler and Designer with exposure on managing and executing projects support. Have experience in various application domains like Healthcare, Manufacturing, Public Sector and Banking etc.
- Performed overall project management, analysis, architecture, design, development and implementation of data warehousing / business intelligence initiatives for last fourteen years.
- Worked on data warehousing projects from requirements gathering to implementation and delivered high quality solutions in a timely manner meeting and exceeding the business requirements. This involved working with the top management and executives, business sponsors and IT department.
- Responsible for defining the information architecture and technology infrastructure along with the design of multi-dimensional data models and the Business Intelligence delivery solutions.
- Responsible for managing the data analysis, data sources, data mapping along with defining the metadata repository.
- Managed the evaluation of ETL and OLAP tools and recommended the most suitable solutions depending on business needs.
- Skilled in implementing Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions. Expertise in Ralph Kimball and Bill Inmon's Data Warehouse methodology.
- High-performing project management, expertise in complex projects that build/optimize organizational processes, measurement systems, and infrastructure to maximize business results, skilled strategist who transforms strategic plans into workable solutions.
- Measurable results, including cost reductions gained from improved system/process performance, productivity gains through multiple change improvement initiatives, reduced product development time, revenue growth.
- Involved in all the stages of project development life cycle. Excellent written, communication, interpersonal, liaison and problem solving skills with the ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
- Certified PMP ITIL with proven track record of structuring and implementing projects/solutions.
- ETL: SAP Business Objects Data Services XI R4, Oracle Data Integrator, PL/SQL, Informatica, Sagent
- Reporting: SAP BO XI R4, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports, Tableau 8.1, Oracle BIEE 11g OBIEE , BrioQuery
- Operating Systems: Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.3, HP-Unix, AIX 6.1, Windows Server 2008
- Data Model: Erwin 6.4.4, MS-Visio 2010
- Databases: Oracle Exadata V2 X2-2, Oracle 11g R2, SQL Server 2014
- Project Management: SAP PS, MS-Project 2010, Primavera P6
- Web Technologies: Java, HTML, VB Script, Java Script, CSS, XML
- Data Warehouses: SAP BW 3.5, SAP BW 7.3
- SAP Functional Areas: SD, MM, FICO, IS-Healthcare
- Planning: Adaptive Insights Discovery Planning SAP HANA, PRO C, Unix, ABAP/4, SAP ECC
Role : BI/Data Architect
Environment : SAP Data Services 4.2, Tableau 8.1, SQL Server 2012, SAP HANA, Adaptive Insights Planning
- Implement and document an enhanced data architecture that meets the needs of all the functional business areas and maintain this architecture.
- Determine the effectiveness of existing technologies and processes in relation to the data architecture design, create necessary implementation/migration plans and recommend new BI solutions as required.
- Serve as central 'source of truth' regarding data definitions at data element and entity levels which covers physical and logical database design, modeling implementation of enterprise BI solutions.
- Work closely with off-shore project teams, lead the development integration of various strategic data architecture and BI initiatives across the organization including the production, identification and extraction of data from source systems, the transformation loading of data into databases.
- Responsible for influencing the organization and making decision across the enterprise related to data.
- Defining, designing, developing and optimizing ETL processes for enterprise data warehouse.
- Participating and finalizing the functional requirements from the business users and converting the functional requirements to technical designs.
- SQL Server and Tableau for a suite of enterprise applications.
Role : Technical Lead
Environment : SAP ECC, SAP-ISH, SAP BO XI R4, SAP BODS XI R4, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports, Oracle BIEE 11g,
Oracle Exadata V2 X2-2, Oracle 11g R2, SQL Server 2012, Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.3,
AIX 5.3, Windows 2008 Server, Erwin 6.4.4, MS-Visio 2010, MS Office 2010,
SAP Project Management PS , Primavera P6, MS Project 2010
- Worked with the users to get the requirements, performed gap analysis, created functional architectural designs, reviewed Data Modeling designs with functional team and prepared design/technical documentations.
- Participating and finalizing the functional requirements from the business users.
- Responsible in converting the functional requirements to technical designs.
- Providing project work load and timelines to the business users, responsible for defining technical strategy and tactical plan for implementing data and information delivery solutions.
- Providing Data Warehousing Architecture, Analysis and Modeling consulting along with establishing the data warehousing best practices for Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Performed Dimensional Data modeling and created Star Schema and Snow Flakes Schema data model to meet the OLAP needs with capabilities for Drill Down, Roll ups, Pivoting, Slice and Dice features.
- Created the Design for Extraction process from legacy systems using combined techniques of Data Replication and Change Data Capture. Participated in design reviews, spec reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews.
- Worked with various standard as well as custom BI/BW objects for SD, MM and FICO of ECC.
- Worked on customization and enhanced the extract structure to support business needs.
- Experience and knowledge of the various methods to access and extract master data and fact data including consolidated data from BPC Business Planning and Consolidation .
- Developed various ROLAP data marts for various subject areas on Oracle Exadata V2 X2-2 and SQL Server 2012 databases. Based on user requirements developed data modes conceptual, logical and physical models using Star and Snow-Flake schemas.
- Install Configured Data Services Business Objects into CMC, overview of batch jobs, data flows, data source, target, transform data quality checks and cleansing.
- Legacy system BOXI R2 universes are upgraded to BOXI R4 Information Designer. Involved in designing and building of Universes, Classes and Objects. Resolved loops and traps using Contexts and Aliases while designing Universes. Setup Universe level conditions to restrict data based on report requirements.
- Developed and created Classes with Dimension, Detail Measure Objects and developed custom hierarchies to support drill down reports. Created derived tables in Designer to enhance the capabilities and performance of the universe.
- Customized universe level prompts, check the integrity of universes, and export the universes to Repository for making available to users.
- Involved in the development of reports using Business Objects Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence to cater ad-hoc reporting needs, functionalities like Queries, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail, Optional Prompts, Functions, and Alerts.
- Designed and developed various management dashboard reports using Xcelsius. Published BO reports, Universes and Dashboards on BI LaunchPad.
Role : Senior Technical Consultant
Environment : SAP Business Objects XI, Oracle 10g, Clear Case, Mercury Test Director, MS-Office 2003,
Informatica Power Center 7.x, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
- Worked with the business users to gather the requirements, performed gap analysis, created functional designs, finalizing the functional requirements from the business users, converting the functional requirements to technical designs.
- Designed and Document Universe and Report Requirements Definition templates, Security strategies, Migration Strategies and Report Distribution strategies.
- Build the universes as per the user requirements, inserting tables, detecting joins, detecting cardinalities and checked the integrity.
- Developed Full Client Deski and Webi reports On demand, Audit Reports, Adhoc Reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports, Dynamic Grouping, Cross-Tab, Graphical, etc. based on end users and Business requirements and Modified the existing Reports based on the specifications and requirements.
- Analyze the reporting requirements with the business users and QA team and come up with the technical specifications for the BO Reports.
- Created complex reports using Merged Dimension and multiple data provides and synchronized the data providers by linking the common objects to create the common reports. Worked on creating Unix Shell Scripting.
- Created universes, Classes, Objects, Prompts, Predefined conditions, by retrieving the data from data sources and defining the necessary connections.
- Involved in the troubleshooting of universe schema with loops, and cardinality problems, implemented the Object-Level Security and Row-Level security in Universe. Implementing the Table mapping in Universe to restrict certain data in a table to only one group of users.
- Worked on architecture design of Extract, Transform, Load environment using Informatica Power Mart and Power Center.
Role : Business System Analysts
Environment : SAP BW 3.5, SAP R/3, Business Explorer BEx , BEx Analyzer, BEx Browser, Oracle 9i,
Business Objects 6.5, Brio Query Designer 6.6, SysAdmiral, Erwin, SQL Loader/PL-SQL,
Sagent, MS-OLAP, HP-Unix, Windows 2003
- Worked with several users to gather requirements and transformed them into a data model using extended star scheme concept.
- Developed various deliverables like Functional and Technical specs, Data mapping and Data flow documents, Gap and Impact analysis documents.
- Involved in complete life cycle implementation which includes gathering requirements, analysis, data modeling, design specification, data extraction, reporting, performance tuning, unit testing, trouble-shooting, integration and acceptance testing, documentation and maintenance.
- Supported and performed various pre and post upgrade activities related to Net Weaver 2004s BI Upgrade. Designed developed and implemented new BI model using New Weaver 2004s features like Transformations, end-routines, DTP Data acquisition etc.
- Used Net Weaver 2004s BI Open Hub Service to develop various spokes with Transformation and DTP.
- Involved in the implementation of BI Accelerator and have good exposure to BIA index maintenance, BI Accelerator monitor and BIA TREX admin tool. Performed the activities like building, filling, dropping and monitoring the indexes in various environments throughout the landscape for the BI Accelerator implementation.
- Installed activated, implemented and enhanced various Business content objects for FICO, LO SD MM of SAP R/3. Worked on customization and enhanced the extract structure to support business needs.
- Designed Transfer Rules and Update rules to cleanse the data and enhance the master and transaction data using Formula Builder and start and transfer routines with ABAP4 to suit the business requirements.
- Populated various data targets like InfoObjects, ODS and InfoCube, with Master data and Transactional data from SAP R/3, legacy systems and file interface via Data Staging Area PSA
- Debugging the Extractor checker, Transfer rules and Update rules
- Created InfoPackages for Full, Early init, Delta and Full repair loads for both Master data and Transaction data. Created process chains using various process to automate data loading, activation of ODS, compression, drop and create indexes, init fills, roll up, attribute change run and DBSTATS etc.
- Extensively performed huge data loads into ODS and InfoCube. Developed Queries to access data from various InfoProviders like ODS, InfoCube, InfoObjects, Multi Providers and InfoSets using BEx query Designer.
- Created Jump queries using RRI , Restricted Key Figures, Calculated Key Figures, Filters, Conditions,
- Variables and Structures, Exceptions, Pre-calculation of Web templates value sets using reporting agent
- Created Hierarchies both internal and external. Populated theme using file interface. R/e and also updated them manually. Created generic Data Sources using Database Views, Tables, InfoSet queries and Function modules.
- Setup ROLAP data marts and developed reports using Business Objects, Brio Query Designer. ETL using
- Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle SQL Loaders, and Sagent.
- Installed and configured Broadcast agent server, Web Intelligence 6.x server for use with Zero Admin ZABO clients and created interfaces using Web Intelligence 6.x
- Involved in Installation, Configuration of Business Objects on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Involved in Creating Users and User groups and assigning different privileges to them depending on their profile.
- Extensively used slice and dice for generating master/detail and tabular reports. Created Reports from Excel files using Business Objects through Personal data files.
- Created the connectivity to Business Objects, Published the Reports generated by the user in InfoView for reusability by different users. Created metrics and included them in the dashboards in Webi by using predefined analytic templates.
- Created Detail design documents and Trained users at different levels of report creation.
Role : Software Engineer
Environment : Visual Basic 5.0 / Oracle 8.0 / Ascent Capture 2.1 / FileNet's Panagon IDM
- Designed and developed reusable ActiveX components with database functionalities required for Warrant Enforcement Management project.
- Developed desktop application which was integrated with OCR to capture the warrants issued for Warrant Enforcement Unit WEU , Singapore Police Force, and Ministry of Home Affairs MHA .
- Developed VB desktop application using FileNet tools for document storage and retrieval system.
- Developed various functional modules, Document Entry, Document Maintenance, Warrant Information Capture, Warrant Information Monitoring, Court Scheduling, Event Diary, Database Query, Report Generation, Host Interface, Interactive Voice Response IVR , System Management, Record Maintenance Archival/Purging , Data Conversion, Fax Gateway, which facilitates the execution of Warrants of Arrest issued by Subordinate Court.
- Developed user-friendly features such as default value setting, user-defined parameters, pull-down menus and intuitive graphical user-interface.
- Provided audit trail features provided for performing record creation, update, deletion, unsuccessful attempts to login, unauthorized access to record, external agencies access etc.
- Provided features for simultaneous viewing/printing of the same/different by office at different locations within WEMS Local Area Network. Provided guidance and support for other programmers.
Role : Systems Analysts
Environment : Visual Basic 5.0, Ingres 6.4, Oracle 7.x, Crystal Report 4.6
- Involved in requirements gathering from the business users to build the reporting application by working closely with architects and business analysts to understand system and business requirements.
- Responsible for entire analysis and design of both of these projects. Also included was client interaction, project planning and management.
- Reengineered the Tetra CS3 Accounting System and System Aid's Reservation. Responsibility involved interaction with users to consolidate the requirements and perform extensive Data and Process analysis.
- Developed the interface between Tetra CS3 Accounting Package and System Aid's Reservation System, which is fully customized without affecting the existing systems.
- Designed Interface Manager framework which involved creating new tables, use cases and mockups of application screens. Created various reusable COM objects developed using Visual Basic.
- Designed more than 50 interfaces as per client requirements and had continuous meetings with them to ensure they are concurred.
- Developed integrated reports from Tetra CS3 is stored in Oracle database and Reservation system stored in Ingres database, includes Profit and Loss statement Balance sheets using Crystal Reports.
- Developed the automation of including new reports by insertion of reports into MS-Access will be reflected in the menu, without changing the code