- Over 8 years of End-to-End gathering Business Users Requirements, System Analysis, Design Data Modeling, Development, Testing implementation experience of Business intelligence and Data warehouse applications using OBIEE 11g /10g, Oracle Applications and Informatica.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, Migration and Administration of OBIEE, Oracle BI Apps, Informatica Power Center.
- Proven Strength in creating guidelines and templates for designing developing BI Applications.
- Have an excellent understanding of OLAP, BI Architecture, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Concepts.
- Expertise in Upgrading OBIEE from OBIEE 10g to OBIEE 11g across all business verticals.
- Strong knowledge and experience in developing OBIEE Repository at three layers Physical Layer, Business Model Presentation Layer , Time Series Objects, Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using global local Filters, OBIEE Security Setup users/groups, access / query privileges , configured OBIEE/Analytics Metadata objects Subject Area, Table, Column , Presentation Services/Web Catalog Objects Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports .
- Involved in end-to-end implementations of BI solutions for implementing Financials, Supply Chain Analytics, Procurement and Spend Analytics.
- Well experienced working with Oracle EBS modules like General Ledger, Account Payables, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Purchase Order and Order Management.
- Highly experienced in Performance Tuning of Source, Targets, Mappings, Sessions and Transformations.
- Configured DAC Data Warehouse Administration Console for Creating Execution plans, Metadata management and monitoring the Informatica ETL Process.
- Proficiency in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis and E-R modeling, developing Database Schemas like Star schema and Snowflake schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional modeling.
- Expertise in Extraction, Transformation and Loading ETL of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse and creating Workflows with Worklets and various Tasks.
- Adept in development and customization of Oracle BI Publisher XML Publisher , BI Discoverer Reports and improved business functionality by creating actionable reports and customer facing documents, that help in speedy business decision making.
- Good experience in writing, testing and implementing SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions.
- Competency in writing, maintaining and executing Test cases, Test plans, and Test scripts and generating software defect reports.
- Expertise in Oracle PL/SQL and database Performance Tuning by implementing Parallel Execution, Table Partition, materialized views with query rewriting, creating appropriate indexes, usage of hints, re-building indexes and also used the Explain Plan and SQL Tracing.
- Project management experience, project proposals, presentation and documentation.
- Expertise in business planning, analysis software designing skills with ability to transform business users input into software requirements and specifications.
- Have exceptional written and verbal skills Results oriented and Self-Starter looking for challenges Ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies and improve processes Self-motivated and results-oriented with solid work ethic.
- Excellent skills in handling Offshore/Onsite team, Troubleshooting, Communication expert who bridges between end user, developer and management needs.
- Quick learner who swiftly grasps highly technical material, ramps up to tasks rapidly and delivers service with complete professionalism.
OBIEE 11g/10g, Oracle BI Publisher, OBIA/BI APPS 7.9.6.x/7.9.5, Data warehouse Administration Console DAC 11g/10g
Oracle E-Business Suite R12/11i Order Mnagement, Inventory, Purchase Order, General Ledger, Account Receivables, Account Payables, Bill of Material, Work in Process
Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS Access, Teradata, MS SQL Server 2000/2005
MS Office/Visio/Project/Access, Toad, Oracle SQL developer
SQL, PL/SQL, C, C , Java, JDBC, JSP, XML and PERL
Windows 7/NT/2000/XP MS-DOS, LINUX
- Interacted with SME's, Business Analysts and Users for gathering and analyzing the Business Reports Requirements.and did the necessary GAP analysis, translated them into technical design documents and worked with team members in making recommendations to close the GAP.
- Performed the Setup, Installation and Configuration of the complete Analytics platform environment OBIEE, Informatica and DAC and the required connectivity for seamless integration with the data warehouse.
- Extracted the data from the source system EBS R12, transformed the data and loaded into the OBIEE analytics warehouse using Informatica.
- Implemented Financial Analytics, Procurement and Spend Analytics, integrated data from Finance and other enterprise systems and transformed data using Informatica ETL .
- Have developed custom mappings for a third data source and integrated it with the existing analytic warehouse.
- Setup of Multi User Development Environment MUDE in OBIEE.
- Analyzed, Designed, and Developed OBIEE Metadata repository RPD that consists of Physical Layer, Business Mapping and Model Layer and Presentation Layer.
- Integrated OBIEE with EBS for Single Sign On SSO .
- Created Star Schema, Time Series Objects, Hierarchies, Level Based Measures and Security using External Table Authentication, Session Variables, and Initialization Blocks.
- Designed, implemented and tested security privileges on Dashboards and Reports.
- Worked using Catalog Manager to migrate Web Catalog among Instances.
- Configured OBIEE iBots to deliver Analytics content based on schedule and automated iBot queries to obtain daily and weekly reports.
- Built reports using Answers including drilldown objects, union based reports and formatted functions within the reports.
- Performed debugging for verifying the prebuilt ETL mappings for Oracle BI Applications.
- Designed and modified ETL Mappings using Informatica from Scratch to load the Data from Source System EBS to staging system SDE mappings and to the target Analytics Warehouse.
- Using Universal adapters created new folders and mappings in Informatica to bring the data from other source systems.
- Developed Mappings using corresponding Source, Targets and Transformations like Source Qualifier, Sequence Generator, Filter, Router, Joiner, Lookup, Expression, Update Strategy and Aggregator.
- Developed and debugged many intelligence Dashboards using different Analytics Views Pivot Table, Pie/Bar Chart, and View/Column Selector, Narrative View , Dynamic/Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters.
- Customized Out of the Box Dashboard pages like Budget vs Actual, GL Balance,Cash Flow, AP Balance, Payments Due, Invoice Details, Supplier Reort, AR balance, Customer Report, AR Transactions in Financial Analytics.
- Customized Out of the Box Dashboard pages like Sourcing Trends, Total Spend Overview, Exceptions, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Employee Expenses in Supply Chain Analytics and Procurement and Spend Analytics.
- Implemented Time Comparison and Calculation measures in the business model using Time series wizard and modeled Slowly Changing Dimension Data.
- Trouble shooting the issues related to repository models and report development.
- Developed many complex Full/Incremental Informatica Objects Workflows / Sessions, Mappings/mapplets with various transformations.
- Imported and Exported Execution Plan in DAC from one Instance to other Instance.
- Customization and enhancement of standard Oracle applications reports in Account Payables module like Invoice Aging Report, Invoice Validation report, Cash requirement report using Oracle BI Publisher.
- Developed process and business rules around setup of new users Logins, Responsibilities .
- Defined Dashboards, Filters, and Prompts as per user's requirements.
- Created new requests and opened Answers for ad hoc reporting to the End users.
- Conducted meeting with project managers, business users during testing and deployment stage of the application development life cycle.
Environment: Oracle EBS R12.1.1 General Ledger GL , Account Payables AP , Accounts Receivable AR , Inventory INV , Purchase Order PO , OBIEE 184.108.40.206, BI Apps 220.127.116.11, Informatica 9.1, DAC 11g, Toad
- Performed the setting up, Installation and configuration of the complete Analytics platform environment and the required connectivity for seamless integration with the DataWarehouse.
- Configured domain value files and implemented Supply Chain Analytics.
- Customized Out of the Box Dashboard pages like Trends,Revenue, Margin Analysis, Customer, Shipping Perfromance, Backlog, Bill of Material in Supply Chain Analytics.
- Involved in the upgrade of OBIEE from 10g to 11g.
- Worked with Business Groups to identify, analyze, and document Business Requirements.
- Gathered requirements from the users for GAP Analysis, translated them into technical design documents and worked in making recommendations to close the GAP.
- Designed and Developed Custom Mappings, Workflows and Registered in DAC.
- Worked on extracting data from Oracle EBS, OLTP flat files and integration and loading data to DataWarehouse OLAP system.
- Maintaining and monitoring the web app servers like weblogic and Tomcat.
- Performed Backup, Automation, Disaster Recovery and other related activities
- Migrated Informatica Workflows from one instance to another.
- Used nQCmd admin utility to clear/purge the cache and then seeded the cache manually for specific reports depending on the requirement.
- Maintaining user security in shared services like creating and deleting groups/users.
- Monitoring cube backups, ETL loads, cube performance, server health checks and trouble shoot issues those arise during monitoring process and provide solutions.
- Used equalizerpds utility to equalize the RPD before upgrading.
- Experienced in Data Modeling using Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema modeling, Fact and Dimensions tables including Physical, Logical data modeling in the OBIEE Administration tool.
- Develop the overall data warehouse architecture and physical implementation standards.
- Worked using Catalog Manager to migrate Web Catalog from Instance to Instances.
- Built the Physical Layer /Business Model and Mapping Layer/ Presentation Layer of a Repository by using Star and snowflake Schemas.
- Implement incremental logic for Stage load mappings and Insert/update logic for all Fact mappings.
- Implemented Multiuser Development Environment MUDE Using Oracle BI Administration Tool. Migrated Analytics RPD and Web catalog from one environment to another.
- Created Time Series measures Year ago, Month Ago, Year-to-date measures using AGO and To Date functions.
- Modified Dynamic Session Variables used for Data Visibility, Configured Security at the repository level, Catalog level the Application level.
- Developed Ad-hoc and standard Reports/Dashboards with different Analytics Views Drill-Down, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector and Tabular with prompts, global and local Filters , contextual navigation, business rules with user identity and roles within the OBIEE suite.
- Developed Informatica Mappings using corresponding Source, Targets and Transformations like Source Qualifier, Sequence Generator, Filter, Router, Joiner, Lookup, Expression, Update Strategy, and Aggregator.
- Designed and Developed Custom Mappings and Workflows in Informatica to bring the data from other data source systems and Integrated using Universal Adapters in DAC.
- Monitored Incremental and Full load of Data through Data Warehouse Administration Console DAC and Informatica Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of reports by identifying the indexes required on the backend tables and also from the data available in the Cache.
- Involved in configuring and customizing sources, targets, tasks and execution plans using DAC.
- Involved in Query Tuning to maximize the performance of reports and Dashboards.
Environment: Oracle EBS R12, OBIEE 18.104.22.168/10.1.3.4.1, OBIA 22.214.171.124, Informatica Power Center 9.0.1, Oracle 11g/10g, DAC 11g, Toad , Linux/Windows, File-Zilla.
- Analyze Design, and Develop OBIEE Metadata repository RPD that consists of Physical Layer, Business Mapping and Model Layer, and Presentation Layer.
- Interacted with functional and technical leads, SME's, marketing, finance, and other business groups to identify, analyze, and document business requirements.
- Working on the development of the Answers for the different executive dashboards
- Developed Solution Designs and delivered to Development team after reviewing the solutions with Business.
- Detailed Design Documents based on OBIEE/Siebel Analytics Requirements and Business reviews.
- Configured Column and Dashboard Filters in OBIEE Requirement validation of the reports and drilldowns.
- Extensively worked on OBIEE/Siebel Analytics webcat, webcat administration, and developed business reports and dashboards based on business requirements.
- Extensively worked on RPD and developed various Subject Areas for Contracts, Service Request Install base modules and utilizing them for different criteria including charts, prompts, and pivot tables using OBIEE Answers and OBI Dashboards.
- Performed and used OBIEE data level securities - RW Row-Wise initialized Non system Session variables and a Logical Table Source LTS filter feature.
- Created logical tables and assigned levels and custom aggregation rules.
- Created group accesses and privileges for the Siebel Analytics Web reports.
- Created and managed different functionalities of Siebel/OBIEE such as Answers combined reports, action link, Navigation link etc Catalog, Dashboard, Delivers iBots , briefing book etc.
- Performed End-to-End development mappings, data sources, business rules/logic, .rpd, subject areas, reports/dashboards and administration
- Extensively worked on Siebel Analytics components Clients, Presentation Services, and server, repository and data sources.
- Customized repositories using metadata objects Tables, Columns and Web Catalog Objects Folders, Reports .
- Coordinating with the offshore development team to resolve issues affecting development work progress.
- Created Unit test cases for Analytics reports and Analytics dashboards and executed manually.
- Maintained repository backups up to date for test environments and other related DB sources.
- Reviewed and updated OBIEE/Siebel Analytics Meta Data Dictionary.
- Coordinated Onsite- Offshore Team for assigning the tasks and assisted Offshore team for OBIEE technical aspects.
- Worked closely with Users, Developers and Administrators to resolve ongoing Production Problems by reviewing design changes made to production systems and made corresponding changes to OBIEE Repository
- Managed Web Groups and Users Assigning the existing web users to their respective web groups.
- Set up Object Level Security access permissions to web-objects based on the user profiles and the user groups they belong to.
- Set up permissions to the users and implemented object level security.
- Establish security guidelines for OBIEE applications in both Production and Non Production environments.
- Created guided navigation links in the Dashboards.
- Execute various data transfer scenarios and verify the EDI standards and XML formats.
- Working on the development different dashboard for the customer needs.
- Worked on the SQL query development for the testing of the different Dashboards and Answers.
- End-to-end business scenario testing within the integration test team.
- Worked on the performance analysis for OBIEE dashboards
Environment: Oracle Applications 11.5.10, OBIEE 10.1.3.4.1, Oracle10g, Informatica 8.6, Win XP Professional, UNIX Solaris
- Configured DAC Data warehouse Administration Console for running of ETL process.
- Worked to deploy and optimize performance of BPM applications.
- Extracted data from various ERP systems like SIEBEL CRM, Oracle EBS.
- Involved in Integrating Oracle BI Presentation Services with BI Publisher.
- Configured DAC for Financial Analytics and extracted data through Informatica.
- Experience in Preparing Design Specification documents based on functional requirements and also involved in the preparation of Technical Design Documents.
- Implemented HR Analytics Proactive intelligence, Compensation Analytics, Operational Analytics . Integrated data from HR, Finance and other enterprise systems and transformed data using Informatica ETL .
- Developed HR intelligence Dashboards, used KPI's which provides powerful metrics, Alerts and reports to HR professionals and line managers, enabling them to understand how workforce factors are affecting individual departments and take appropriate actions.
- Modified Pre-built OBI Applications dashboards, Answers, Repository for Sales, Finance, Supply Chain and Order Management Analytics.
- Developed many Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views Drill-Down / Dynamic, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, with global and local Filters using Oracle BI Presentation Services.
- Developed many Accounting and Collection Time Series objects for comparing the Billings, Collections and Adjustments between the different time frames.
- Implemented comprehensive security functionality by creating users web groups, setting up LDAP ADSI authentication and associating catalog objects and Web modules with the created users and groups.
- Configured IBots to deliver Analytics content based on schedule, automated IBot queries to obtain daily and weekly reports.
- Performed the Performance Tuning of Dashboards/Reports and made required changes to repository and database.
- Developed many incremental ETL using Informatica mappings Oracle PL/SQL procedures for loading into OLAP DB'S from multiple data sources which includes AP, AR.
- Created comprehensive and easy-to-understand Documentation of the complete implementation of Analytics that includes .rpd, Dashboards, Security etc. .
Environment: OBIEE 8.1, Informatica Power Center 8.1, DAC 7.8, Flat files, Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server 2003,DB2, Siebel Sales Marketing Analytics 7.8.4 Erwin 4.3, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Toad, LINUX ,Windows NT.
Oracle Apps Technical Consultant
- Creation of SQL Loader control programs and PL/SQL validation procedures to execute along with Customer Interface AR , and Order Import Interface OE programs to support the interface requirements.
- Developed SQL Loader files to load data from legacy system into the RA CUSTOMERS INTERFACE ALL tables for importing Customer data.
- Alert the Order Management Controller when the on hand quantity of the item is becoming less than the minimum quantity.
- Designed and developed layout model and data model for Customization of Reports in Report 6i.
- Validated the data and populated the Payables interface table through a Concurrent program which in turn submits a standard Payables Interface program.
- Developed the Supplier Year to Date Payments report which gives complete information about list of suppliers and the amounts paid to the suppliers using Report 6i.
- Developed Tax Benefit Recipient Interface and report, Credit Card Transactions interface in Internet Expenses/iExpenses module using Reports 10g, BI Publisher and Discoverer
- Created Profit Center Report and Cost Center Report in General Ledger using Discoverer 10g.
- Worked on Journal Interfaces Program in General Ledger, reviewed Journal Import Execution, corrected Journal Import Data and initiated posting.
- Defined Descriptive flex fields necessary for report and form customizations, and distribution sets and bank related information.
- Worked on Data conversion project for extracting data from INV.
- Defined payment terms, locations, periods, tolerances etc. Integrated Payment reconciliation information and Purchase Order information with Payables.
- Modified the Reports like Invoice History, Invoice Aging, Prepayment Status, and Invoice on Hold Reports.
Environment: Oracle Applications Release 10.5.7, GL, AR, AP, PO , Reports 6i, XML/BI Publisher, Discoverer 10g, SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Loader, UTL Scripts, TOAD, PL/SQL, WinNT and UNIX.
- Designed, developed and documented multiple interfaces using the Informatica Power Center.
- Developed many complex Informatica mappings and mapplets to build key interfaces using transformations reusable transformations Source Qualifier, Joiner transformation, Update Strategy, Lookup transformation, Rank Transformations, Expressions, Aggregator for loading the data into Data Warehouse.
- Optimal utilization of object-reusability features like reusable transformations, mapplets, copying objects from other repositories, using variable/parameters for simplifying complex mappings.
- Performance Tuning of Informatica data warehouse loads, including Informatica Server Manager and PL/SQL procedures.
- Designed and Developed many Shell Scripts for pulling data from remote machines, session using Cron, Backup/Migration of metadata from version, development and production, FTP, untar sending files to source directory, managing sessions files in the server directory.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.x, Oracle 8i/9i, HP UNIX, Windows 2003, MS SQL SERVER.