Key Professional Points
- 10 Years Data Governance Leader
- 16 Years Business Intelligence Leader
- 18 Years Consulting
- 16 Years Project Management
Business Intelligence and Project Management
- Recently led a Data Governance Project at American Family Life in Madison, WI. This project is building a Data Governance organization, writing policies, standards and procedures. Other duties are the identification of critical data and meta-data and evaluating needs for Master Data Management MDM .
- Led a MDM project at Palo Alto Networks in San Jose, CA. This project involved the preparation, cleansing and building of Customer information master data. A large component of this project was putting in place a Data Governance organization that is responsible for the ownership and stewardship of Customer Data. This organization also works to align the entire organization as well as outside vendors with consistent master data, meta-data and data quality.
- Data Governance Advisor to Wellmark Blue Cross - Blue Shield, Des Moines, IA. Led Wellmark's executives and business units to form and stand up a Data Governance organization. Determined training needs for Data Stewards. Defined and documented best practices, processes, procedures and resources needed to empower the Data Governance organization to perform its duties at an enterprise level. Developed maturity model to ensure constant improvement and direction for Data Governance.
- Data Governance Lead at Lowe's Home Improvement, Mooresville, NC. Guided Lowe's employees though designing and standing up an Enterprise Data Governance Program. Led and trained executive steering committee, guided and advised domain specific data councils and supervised data projects to serve the data governance effort. Led and facilitated Data Governance Committee meetings. Produced documentation for project charter and ongoing maintenance of the data governance program.
- Data Governance Lead at AXA Equitable, New York, NY for a Master Data Management MDM , project. Responsibilities were analyzing data profiling results and working with AXA Management to determine the Data Governance Maturity level, designing a to be organization and working with the technical team to determine where the Data Governance organization will affect the MDM data.
- At Tire Centers, Duncan SC, managed a combination Enterprise Data Management/Data Governance merging project that is bringing together people, processes and technology to enable the client to enhance reporting efforts while staying aligned with Data Governance requirements.
- Data Governance Architect for at Burger King, Miami, FL for an Enterprise Data Management Project that processes and maintains data for menu items and raw materials for North America, Europe and Asia Pac locations. Advised client on Data Governance organization and procedures to maintain alignment with multi-national regulations. Advised on software effectiveness for Data Governance requirements.
- Led the design and implementation at One America for a Business Intelligence project that enables this financial services client to meet IRS regulatory reporting requirements. This role required database modeling, BI report design, ETL planning and processing external data into databases for reporting. The reports for this effort are being delivered with Microsoft BIDS mostly using Reporting Services/Analysis Services and standard IRS forms.
- Project Manager at AstraZeneca, Wilmington, DE. This project built a Business Intelligence application that provides the sales team with a matching client/product relationship and also block sales calls on health care providers based on HIPPA law and Data Governance requirements. My duties include determining project scope, comprising a statement of work SOW and managing the project.
Senior Business Intelligence
- Lead architect for a Reporting Center of Excellence for a major insurance and reinsurance organization. This project combined Business Intelligence and Data Governance requirements.
- Led the technical design of a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Analytics system along with the required Data Governance processes for the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. This effort has consolidated data into dashboard analysis of market reports.
- Managed and led the Data Governance design for a SAP Master Data Management project for Colgate-Palmolive, global and Sempra Energy.
- Lead architect for Data Governance recommendations for Hanes Brands, SunTrust bank and Wachovia.
- Delivered presales demonstrations, proof-of-concepts and statements of work for private and public sector engagements.
- Managed a Reporting Review and Analysis project with an emphasis on integrating multiple data sources and software applications to meet reporting requirements across four departments at the Bank of Montreal. This led the customer toward a consolidated BI system.
- Has served as lead business analyst and architect for multiple projects that have replaced existing CRM solutions and are integrating multiple sources of data to provide a 360 degree view of banking customers. These applications provide operational support for customer service representatives and call center operations while supporting sales and marketing initiatives.
- Architected and managed an Enterprise Data Management solution for an international VoIP organization. This project allowed for the proper analysis of data for regulatory reporting to Latin American countries. This project lead to an additional analytics and reporting solution to supply the sales team information to target sales and marketing campaigns and allows engineers the data to adjust phone service resources to address peak use.
Senior Consultant/Presales Consultant
- Architected and managed a call center analytics application that served the customer needs of the world's largest payroll processor. This application allows customers remote access to account information.
- Co-authored training courses for the administration and use of Panorama OLAP software.
- Designed and developed Business Intelligence presales demonstrations to CIO, CFO, and MIS managers and technical staff resulting in 24 sales to new clients and 4 upgrades to existing clients in the following industries: Consumer Packaged Goods, Government, Retail, Telecommunications, Banking Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, and ERP.
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant/Presales Consultant
- Designed, developed and implemented OLAP Business Intelligence solutions that introduced real-time reporting and analytics for clients.
- Presales effort resulted in 21 sales to new clients and 9 upgrades to existing clients in the following industries: Consumer Packaged Goods, Government, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Telecommunications, Banking Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, and ERP.