- 17 years of experience in managing Architecture and advisory for Banks, Financial, Health, Insurance, for Fortune 500, Startups, and Big Four consulting. Successful implementer of tactical strategic initiatives.
- Broad Architectural and technology experience in Business, Enterprise Application, Data, Security, Operations, Infrastructure, Cloud, SaaS, ERP, SOA, Modernization, Product development and Integration
- Excellent in connecting People, Process and Technologies with Business, Technology and Operations
- Unbiased to Technologies and well versed in IBM Mainframes, Oracle- Java/J2EE, Microsoft, SAP and other COTS products
- Responsible for providing Business architecture and solution architecture to Grandbridge Commercial real estate finance 30 B a BB T Subsidiary. GB has very Complex commercial loans structures, business partners and high net worth deals.
- Captured current state business architecture, designed future state and agreed upon roadmap
- Architecture high level capabilities comprises of Investors, investments, borrower consortiums, origination - produce, quote, underwriting, securitization, accounting, closing. And servicing includes onboarding, investor accounting and reporting, asset management, documents management, business services.
- Investors include Capital markets, CMBS, Insurance companies, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and Banks.
- Also lead the due diligence to identify solutions for CRM, Pre-sales and origination systems replacement and integration with servicing, risk and asset management.
- Proposed future state architecture solution that aligns with business, IT management, enterprise strategy along with their consensus.
- The deliverables includes BPM capture, Process modelling, created use cases, captured clear business requirements and prioritization, Performed POC based on identified few areas of opportunities on BPM exercise IBM Blueworks and in Pega 7.0.
- Provided business case for funding and inputs solution providers and vendor agreements.
- Provided solutions for migration of application, data from Lotus notes domino, IMS Database and Lotus notes email to other technologies.
- Architecture components includes Moody's, Salesforce.com, Dropbox, Filenet, SmartScan Pega, Moodys, AFS and other
Specialized lending Captive finance Solution Architect
- Responsible for providing architecture for Sheffield financials, a Commercial Captive Finance with 3 B portfolio and 600K loans.
- Lead the due diligence team to identify vendor solutions for e2e replacement of Lending's Origination and Servicing that fully aligns with business strategy.
- Involved in SaaS, On-Premise pricing discussions with SAP, White Clarke, Oracle and other banking offerings
- Architected new ecommerce portals, B2B OEM B2C, Contracts management, accounting, reporting.
- Recommended business process Improvements, identified new revenue sources and helped in creation of business charter.
- End solution resulted in an international lending capabilities as well as subvention for international manufacturers in various currencies in SAP and White-Clarke.
- Architecture components includes SAP core banking lending modules, SAP CRM, SAP Payments, SAP General Ledger, WhiteClarke, Filenet, Adobe farms, Portals, Genesys chat and othersystems
- Provided application standardization, rationalization and modernization in infrastructure, data, application and security as well as business architecture layers.
- Provided architectural recommendations for opportunities on replacement of document management. Rationalization of quote, accounting, broker, underwriting, rating, payments, and actuary for commercials line of agency systems as above mentioned Insurance subsidiaries are acquired over the period of time.
- Recommendations include Introduction of salesforce.com, replaced dialers and IVR system by enterprise Genesys platform, Common Payments hub and secured business buy in.
- Application portfolio management for 300 applications in insurance lines of business and provided tier rating and risk assessments and secured funding for high risky applications modernization.
- Lead a team of 2 resources
- Identified critical risk in IT assessments for Lending application portfolio and made sure it got resolved, As well as prioritized for investments in budget planning.
- Created current state architectural artifacts for multiple lines of business such as Commercial banking, Commercial lending improvement program, Government finance, Dealer finance, Commercial and maritime Insurance, Capital markets, Wealth management, General ledger and Lending applications.
- Provided patterns, frameworks, inputs to process flows and other architecture day-to-day responsibilities
- Influenced and on-boarded leaders of Business, architecture disciplines, IT, Vendors to align on the strategies and bought consensus.
Companies/Technologies: SAP, Salesforce.com, White-Clarke, Oracle, AFS, MSP, Shaw, Lotus Notes, Pega, BPMN , IBM Blueworks, IBM Rational systems architecture, Tibco, Dropbox, Pentests, Togaf and others.
Confidential SaaS/Cloud Architect
- Responsible for providing SaaS/Cloud COE business case for unit of - 200 M revenue, 800 employees.
- Responsible for providing operations plan and secured funding, Identified supporting vendors for SaaS.
- Responsible for current state, future state and roadmap for migration of On-premise applications and data to Microsoft Azure Cloud by SaaS model for 1000's of McKesson customers such as hospitals, Insurance, drug distributors and ERP corporate applications.
- Responsible for reviewing Contract, SLA's of Microsoft Azure, recommendations to Legal and procurement.
- Provided architecture and vision for Big Data Lake, Master Data Management to accept data from various products and sources and designed application and visualization layer, data modelling for end user experience in SaaS model. The growth of data to be scaled from 100's of Tera Bytes and end can scale up in Peta bytes.
- Contributed to creation of new applications and products by leveraging existing assets to be delivered in SaaS model in cloud. Worked in collaboration with various teams located geographically in USA and other countries.
- Provided decision criteria for private in-house Cloud Vs. Public external cloud partners and narrowed down both the solution providers
- Provided inputs to the applications that can go in private cloud along with tools and technologies for setup from scratch of VCloud private cloud.
- Contributed to design aspects of customer onboarding, provisioning, monitoring, metering, billing, SLA's, data migration from on premises to cloud using encryption protocols.
- Worked with CISO, information security experts for cloud security approvals and internal audits and external vendors for penetration testing's.
- Provided complete guidance and hands-on work to setup Splunk and cloud monitoring for business, application and infrastructure monitoring
- Programmed PowerShell scripts for provisioning and also designed Chef Deployment.
- Identified development partners and Involved in the vendor selection of Cloud and software providers.
- Collaborated with multiple parties on architecture, design approvals of cloud, big data, integration, installation and Security issue resolving.
- Delivered cloud governance charter, operations architecture, Solution blueprint, technology target operating model, DevOps center plan, roles and responsibilities, interview and hired right resources, training and education on cloud, risk assessment, SDLC/ALM assessments, use cases and data migration plans
- Represent teams as stakeholder to CTO office, transition groups, Operations and Sales and Marketing, Product strategy.
- Interviewed stakeholders and captured their requirements and opinions at Executive and director levels.
- Provided cloud security architecture to align with NIST, CSA and other standards to protect PHI, PCI data. POC on Barracuda's intrusion, firewalls and overall protection of assets in the cloud.
Companies/Technologies : Microsoft Azure, Verizon Terramark, Amazon AWS, VM Ware's Vcloud, Thales, Barracuda, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Hadoop, HortonWorks, Cassandra, Splunk, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Mule ESB, MS System center, PowerShell, AAD, Azure storage, Erwin, Tibco, Scaled agile framework Rallydev, Atlassian, Zabbix, Syslog, Nagios, and others.
- Dual line of Reporting to SVP Tech Ops USA and Chief Architect of RBC on IT, Strategy and Governance.
- Working relationship with C level exec, VP's, leadership, 75 vendors, Big 4 consultants distributed globally
- Active participation in group architecture, Lead Council, Board, Design authority for large transformation such as Retail credit, Capital Markets, Wealth Management, Private Bank, Insurance 1M to 500M
- Rbcbank.com is an online direct bank with no branches. Customers have self-help features supported by Web, Call centers, Remote Deposit Capture and Mobile apps for Blackberry, Android and Apple.
- Launch of a new Bank :
- Divesture : Provided decommission plan and architecture and identifying technology assets of PNC for both retail and commercial bank
- Transformation: Solution architecture for a large transformation in 2010 250M
- Involved in multiple initiatives such as transformation, stabilize, divesture, decommission and launch Bank
- Fully outsourced in SaaS model integrating various lines of business and technology applications.
- Responsible for the Leading architecture for starting a new bank with 45M spend, 55 new applications, 150 interfaces, 400 People in 9 Months. Managed multiple resources directly and indirectly.
- Setup the international money transfers between Canada and USA, Multi currency exchange, spot rates, and multi-currency accounts for cross border Canadian customers.
- Business and solution architecture for Setup wire transfers using SWIFT protocols, Federal Reserve clearance setup, Sungard deposits and market trading integration, General Ledger codes setup for daily money flow settlement between RBC Bank Canada'sCanadian dollars and RBC Bank USA US Dollars.
- Commercial agreements for clients and financials between Royal bank of Canada entities in USA, UK, Cayman, Channel Islands and other countries.
- Recommended vendor selection of various LOB's deposits, OLB, retail credit card lending, mortgage, risk, finance, marketing, data and channels.
- Actively collaborated with Procurement, Law firms 22M Contract on Software as a Service and BPO
- Delivered technology target operating models, Solution blueprints, ARB, SAD, Security control document
- Contributed to division of labor, Risk report, 6 Sigma, Call center, ITIL, PEN Test, Site visits and QA.
- Solution Architect for finance, risk, compliance. Support Deposits, Lending, Cards, Channels, Operations
- Followed and governed on implementation of TOGAF and Zachman architecture frameworks
- Define and govern monthly SLA's, advised on invoice payables. Found discrepancies on vendor invoices.
- Recommend audit approach, Cost savings, performed financial analysis, calculated TCO, ROI and budget
- Worked on defect management, prioritization on thousands of defects on post launch activities
- Stabilize and run the Bank efforts
- Lead a team of 20 architects and resources
- Performed site visits to data centers as part of audit, security evaluations followed FIPS, NIST and other standards for cloud providers
- Architecture leadership - Created team dashboard with KPI's reporting to Chief Architect and CIOO
- Negotiate US Bank's interest in a very large Data center migration program 1B
- Architecture sign-off for less than 250k, recommendations on high and medium complex ARB. Validate blueprints, conceptual, logical, physical, application, system, data, integration, infrastructure views
- Provided architecture for commercial deposits, mortgage origination, retail lending, Liquidity risk management, Customer relationship management in legacy Customer information management system and Basel-2.
- Manage 350 applications in Integrated Portfolio Management, rationalized and identified cost savings
- Improved Technology health check reporting to Compliance and operations risk committee
- Leveraged relationships with Business, Technology, Operations, subsidiaries and Parent companies
- Created current state reference architecture for application, security, Infrastructure, aligned standards
- Supported Risk department and enterprise data offices in providing Architectural current state, Identified various data repositories in SAS, SQL and Legacy sources. Provided solutions on Basel-II reporting, resolving Audit issues as well as helped in vendor selection of right business and technology partners.
Companies/Technologies: FIS, Fiserv, NYCE, TSys, Equifax, Cenlar, Sutherland, SunGard, Deluxe, Kobie, Gemalto, Mfoundry, Capco, PWC, E Y, Accenture, SAP, Oracle, IBM, Data power, ITPM, Troux and others...
Contractor / Architecture consultant
- Enterprise Architectural Assessment for capital market's Foreign Exchange and Money Market trading systems and provided advisory, strategy and recommendations for remediation of architecture defects.
- Delivered Reference Architecture, Target state and identified improvements for high volume Trade flows, Markets settlements and clearance on IBM mainframe, Java technologies and third party interfaces.
- Recommendations on avoidance of problem recurrences and application consolidation as well modernization.
- Provided current state business architecture and business process flows for international trading, currency bookings, settlements.
- An enterprise architecture assessment to provide recommendation for modernization of variable Annuities systems focused on people, process and technology using IBM Reference architecture.
- Recommend CIO on current, future state and road map approach on Application, Data and Infrastructure on modernizing agency and annuities systems.
- Evaluated TOGAF and Zachman and Implemented TOGAF, Setup and administered Architecture Review Board for project approvals.