- Have more than 10 years experience in BI Business Intelligence reports developing, business analysis, data analysis, financial forecasting, financial reporting, business report generation, trend analysis, data warehouse development and database maintenance.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills, good understanding of business operation and Software Development Life Cycle process
- Have solid working knowledge of Crystal Reports, stored procedure and varies platform of Business Intelligence Suites such as Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Hyperion, Cognos and Oracle E-Business Suites.
- Have strong skills in SQL, Excel, Macro VBA , PL/SQL. Have working experience of SSIS and ETL.
- Self Starter, Fast learner
- US Citizen, able to get clearance
- Software: Business Objects BI Suite, MicroStrategy BI Suite, Cognos BI Suite, Hyperion, Oracle E-Business Suite, SAP, Deltek Costpoint, Oracle Financial, Oracle Forms, PeopleSoft Financial, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, WordPerfect
- Databases: Oracle Discoverer, SQL Server, MS Access
- Computer Language: VBA, SQL, PL/SQL, ASP, HTML, VBScript
- Operating System: Windows NT/XP/Vista/7/8, Macintosh, UNIX
Senior Analyst Business Intelligence
- Design, develop, and implement BI financial and operational reports monthly/quarterly financial revenue/expense reports, headcount reports, enrollment reports for upper management e.g. CFO, COO, etc .
- Serve as in house proCube administrator responsible for software installation, new user set up, security access, hierarchy update, and report generating.
- Act as liaison between BI develop team and finance for requirement gathering, UAT testing, and data validation.
- Coordinate with various functional departments to plan and implement tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Manage and provide financial reporting, functional department support, and ad hoc request from executives.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentation for CXO, board of director and audit committee of k12.
- Help IT BI team incorporating data from entities through acquisition into existing Enterprise Reporting System.
- Design and organize internal BI training session for finance group, including design and draft BI reporting training manual.
- Technical Environment: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Financials, Oracle Database, proCube
Principal Analyst Business Intelligence
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained BI reports Oracle 11g for weekly revenue and expense forecasting, annual budgeting, as well as variance analysis and financial results to upper management Business Unit VP and Directors .
- Gathered requirements and designed Business Intelligence reports per requests from business and functional departments. Implemented and maintained reports on BI Dashboard Oracle 11g .
- Collaborated with ETL and backend database team on data validation and data quality issues. Generated reports from Oracle E Business Suite for ad hoc requests and developed trending analysis.
- Helped with UAT testing and documentation.
- Technical Environment: Oracle E-Business Suites, Hyperion, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle Financials, Oracle Database
Sr. System Analyst
- Designed, implemented and maintained BI reports e.g. attorney utilization report, etc per requests from functional department.
- Designed, generated and maintained crystal reports e.g. revenue by business sector by using PL/SQL stored procedure.
- Developed and executed SQL query and store procedure to discover, validate, and resolve potential data issues.
- Generated and Updated Report from Elite Financial.
- Maintained management dashboard reports using SharePoint.
- Technical Environment: SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Report, Stored Procedure, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server Database
- 02/2004 06/2009 BearingPoint LLC formally known as KPMG consulting
Senior Financial/Business Analyst
- Working closely with functional department to design, implement and maintain Business Intelligence reports using varies BI tool MicroStrategy, Hyperion, PeopleSoft, etc
- Developed business process automation by using Excel VBA.
- Gathered requirements from business departments and translated various user requirements into canned BI reports.
- Identified data quality issue and worked with developing team to maintain data integrity and data quality.
- Tracked troubleshooting progress and documented resolutions.
- Technical Environment: MicroStrategy BI Suite, Business Objects BI Suite, Hyperion, PeopleSoft, SQL Server, SQL
- Generated ad hoc reports using BI tools Cognos and Hyperion maintained and re-defined those reports on a regular basis.
- Acted as liaison between functional department and IT department to gather requirements and implemented into the executable model.
- Prepared variation analysis to compare plan vs. actual, and helped risk review and project life cycle analysis.
- Provided technical support in BI reporting.
- Technical Environment: Cognos Impromptu, Cognos Powerplay, SQL, PeopleSoft Financial, Oracle Database
- Prepared Business Object report to extract data from Government Healthcare system.
- Supported government clients DoD Healthcare program in data modeling and programmatic management.
- Acted as a financial and technical support to client for their special requests for over 500 million projects including T M, CPFF, and FFP type of contracts.
- Technical Environment: Business Objects Enterprise BI Suites, SQL Server, SQL