- Over 15 years of experience in managing and supervising Software Development and Business Process Management projects. Over 7 years of program management experience. Site administration.
- Collaborated with client to successfully establish their program management office PMO .
- Led the successful completion of analysis of the business processes of 4 separate programs and the development of an overarching process and business model for the customization of a SaaS, Salesforce
- Successfully completed data quality improvement project with budget of 20 million.
- Led Software Development Project that resulted in 50 percent increase in revenue.
- Led the Server Upgrade Project, ColdFusion 8 to 10 Migration Project, Website Update and Redesign Projects, and the development of Mobile App.
- Led website and web applications developed using ColdFusion, .NET and J2EE Architecture.
- Led development of Data Mart, Business Intelligence BI Reports, Desktop and Mobile Dashboards.
- 100 clients' approval of Business Models created and Requirements defined.
- Write and direct program management office staff in creating Business Case, Project Charter, Program Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, Configuration Management Plan, Requirements Management Plan, IV V Plan, and Integrated Project Team Charter.
- Created Work Breakdown Structure, Project Schedules, Integrated Master Schedule, Project Budget, Project Status Reports, Project Reviews, and Lessons Learned Reports.
- Participate in creating IT Capital Planning and Investments Documents.
- Manage Stakeholders Register, Risk Log and Issue Log. Utilized MS Project, Primavera P6 and CA Clarity PPM to create, update, and monitor and control project schedules. Conducted Decision Analysis and Resolution DAR to select an Application Lifecycle Management ALM tool.
- Assist Product Owners in creating, prioritizing and updating Product Backlog. Facilitate Sprint Planning, Release Planning, and Sprint Reviews.
- Manage the development and change in business and functional requirements. Experienced in using UML and traditional approach to document business and functional requirements. Experienced in creating wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Authored, coached, and mentored team members in creating Business Requirements Documents, Functional Requirements Documents, Design Documents, Traceability Matrices, User Acceptance Test UAT Plans, Test Cases, Integration Plan, Deployment Guide, Checklists, Data Migration Plan, Training Manuals, Data Correction Guidelines, and Standard Operating Procedures SOP .
- Facilitated Requirements Structured Walkthroughs and Design Reviews with clients and obtain approval. Facilitated Sprint Pre-Engagement Sessions.
- Applied Waterfall, RUP, and Agile Framework in Software Development Projects.
- Familiar with Enterprise Architecture. Familiar with systems interface through Service-Oriented Architecture SOA /Web Services using SOAP, XML, JSON, RSS.
- Experienced working with DBMS such as DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL and MS Access.
COMPUTER SKILLS TRAINING
- Address and resolve issues raised by the Client and Stakeholders.
- Assisted with the establishment of the USDA APHIS CARPOL Program Management Office PMO . Managing the PMO Support and Business Process Analysis Re-engineering BPA/R projects of the USDA APHIS CARPOL Program for the customization of the SaaS, Salesforce in an agile environment to deliver an authorization solution. Applying the Scaled Agile Framework. Ensure the timely transfer of knowledge to solution vendors. Assist with the tracking and monitoring of all CARPOL vendor deliverables. Monitor execution of Program Roadmap and Program Management Plan. Assist with EVM Reporting.
- Prepare and present monthly Project Management Reviews PMRs and perform site visits.
IT Program Portfolio Manager
- Collaborated with Senior Web Program Manager in enhancing and maintaining WMATA's public and mobile websites. Participated in Procurement Management.
- Managed the Server Upgrade Project, ColdFusion 8 to 10 Migration Project, Silver Line Web Updates Project, Website Redesign Project, and the development of the Metro Alert Mobile App.
- Analyzed and catalogued the interfaces between the WMATA public and mobile websites, and other applications. Website interfaces with other application through ODBC, SOAP, XML, JSON and RSS.
- Implemented Scrum Framework. Assessed whether Asana or Version One could be used as our agile project management tool. Created agile project management tool and defect tracker tool in SharePoint.
- Collaborated with Senior Web Program Manager in creating, prioritizing and updating the Product Backlog. Facilitated sprint planning and release planning meetings between the Senior Web Program Manager and Development Team. Estimate level of effort LOE .
- Test products developed and provide feedback to Web Developers. Facilitate sprint review with client, Senior Web Program Manager and Development Team. Update Product Backlog with new user stories based on clients requirements.
- Updated project status and generate weekly project status report. Upload and update project documents repository in SharePoint. Used Google Analytics to track visitors, usage by audience and devices.
- Prepared Project Charter, Requirements Documentation, Project Schedule, Risk Register, Test Plans, Test Cases, Integration Plan, Deployment Guide, and Checklists
- Outlined the CMMI Decision Analysis and Resolution DAR process that could be used in determining which Cloud Computing Service Model IaaS, PaaS, SaaS should be used for hosting of the WMATA website
FAA NextGen Integrated Master Schedule IMS Schedule Support
- Collaborated with Portfolio Managers, Project Managers, Schedulers, and other Vendors to create, integrate, update and monitor schedule variance of portfolio schedules in Primavera for FAA's 11 billion NextGen Strategic Plan. Responsible for Master Schedules of five 5 portfolios.
- Collaborated with NextGen Portfolio Performance Measures and Metrics Working Group to develop a more quantifiable data driven metrics, measures and criteria to assess portfolios performance.
- Managed development of Reports and Dashboards for the FAA NextGen Integrated Master Schedule.
- Commercial-of-the-shelf COTS technology solution, Primavera, was customized to develop business intelligence product. The product was developed using Java/J2EE Architecture, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, and Oracle 10g.
Project Performance Reporting and Presentations
- Conducted weekly Report Team meetings. Prepare Report Team weekly and monthly status reports.
- Reported on the Report Team's activities at weekly project status meetings.
- Participated in ad hoc status meetings with Business Sponsor and key stakeholders.
- Participated in the development of Release Schedules.
- Participate in the preparation of client's monthly project status reports.
- Developed draft Project Level Agreement PLA Standard Operating Procedures SOP , Data Cleaning Strategy and Data Analysis and Data Correction Guidelines. Peer review IMS Schedule SOP.
- Participated in preparation and delivery of presentations and demonstration of IMS.
- Participated in a successful negotiation of a memorandum of understanding between DC OTR and Vital Statistics Division of the Department of Health DOH , for data exchange.
- Developed Project Management Plan. Created, updated, and monitored and controlled project schedule in MS Project. Reported on the project's performance.
- Coached and mentored Java Developer in documenting of the System Design.
- Coached and mentored Business Analyst in documenting of business and functional requirements.
- Supervised, monitored and participated in the elicitation and documentation of requirements, system design, coding and internal testing of the application.
- Successfully prevented the project from being negatively impacted by external factors. Gained the admiration of the stakeholders, business sponsor and contract officer technical representative COTR . Performance resulted in other contracts being awarded.
- Tracked, reviewed and reported on the progress of the project against its performance objectives.
- Led, directed, and managed the carrying out of project activities and approved changes.
- Managed the development of a Confidential for the Real Property Tax Administration of the Office of Tax and Revenue, District of Columbia The Homestead Module is a part of the Integrated Tax System, which comprised of several applications utilizing mainframe TAS , client-server IDCS and web-based eTSC architectures.
- Managed a team of six 6 comprising of a Technical Lead, Business Analyst, Java Developer, Database Developer, Cobol Developer, and Quality Assurance Analyst.
Managed the Development of a web-based Grant Programs Evaluation, Analysis and Report System GEARS to improve DCPS LEA's Budget Development, Financial Management and Program Management business processes for the management of federal grants issued under the No Child Left Behind Act NCLB
- Developed relationship and worked in a collaborative manner with the Information Systems Division.
- Created, updated, and monitored and controlled project schedule in MS Project. Reported on the project's performance.
- Analyzed the DC Government's System of Accounting and Reporting SOAR , which comprises of a suite of financial application to manage its revenue, grants, expenditure, and budget. R-STARS one of the applications, has Cost Accounting, Financial Management, Cash Management and Fixed Asset Management modules GRAMS, which is used to maintain a repository of the grants both private and federal. PASS, which is used to process requisitions, purchase orders, invoices and payment for goods and services CFO ource developed using COGNOS and Oracle , which is an Executive Information System, used for financial reporting and analysis Both PASS and CFO ource are integrated with R-STARS. Developed API for system integration of CFO ource and PASS with GEARS.
- Managed a team of two 2 .Net Developers.
- Managed the Payroll System Implementation Project, Meeting Integration Project, Publications and Membership websites. Worked in a PMO environment.
- Collaborated with management in determining the acquisition method that should be used to acquire and implement a COTS Event Management System.
- Prepared business case, level of effort LOE estimates, and project cost estimates.
- Prepared Project Management Plan. Tracked project progress, and prepared weekly report.
- Participated in the preparation of IT budget for next fiscal year.
- Presented project status reports at bi-monthly managers' meetings.
- Managed a team of three 3 comprising of a Business Analyst, Java Developer, and Database Developer.
- Managed and worked with project team in the data cleaning activities, which involved identifying duplicates and discrepancies, collapsing duplicates and correcting discrepancies.
- Managed the development of data analysis, data cleaning and tracking applications.
- Managed the maintenance and redesign of the Medical College of Wisconsin's EPERC website, developed with ColdFusion at the front-end and MS SQL Server database at the back-end.
- Managed a team of 10 comprising of SAS Developers, Data Analysts, and Oracle Developers. One team member worked offshore.
- Generated weekly reports to Project Director on the status of each data cleaning population.
- Met weekly with project team to review progress made, and addressed risks and issues.
- Presented to the client, when necessary Business Case for change in data correction business rules.
- Facilitated meetings with the Data Analysts to review and revise data correction guidelines.
- Meetings were conducted with client in Wisconsin via teleconference.
- Created and prioritized product backlog. Managed a team of 2 ColdFusion Developers.
Center for Disease Control Nation Prevention Information Network CDC NPIN Data Migration
- Created a Data Migration Plan for the CDC NPIN database from MS Access to MS SQL Server
Managed the development of the Student Records Management System SRS . Successfully re-engineered the enrollment, admission, registration, student accounts, boarding, student loan, scholarship, examination, and transcript business processes of the University of Technology, resulting in a 50 increase in revenue. Managed a team of forty 40 comprising of Developers, Data Analysts, Accounts Receivables Clerks, and Administrative Assistants.