- Over 7 years of progressive experience in the IT industry with prime focus on analysis, modeling, design, development, implementation, testing, documentation, and maintenance of various Business Analytics in an effective way to deliver leading edge software solutions.
- Good experience in designing and developing end- to- end BI solutions according to standard OLAP methodologies using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
- Good understanding of OBIEE Architecture.
- Expertise in design and development of the three layers (Physical/Business Model and Mapping/Presentation) of an OBI Metadata Repository using Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Strong experience in creating Logical tables and columns, Dimensional Hierarchies, Level Based Measures, Time series data, and Repository Variables.
- Expertise in creating complex reports in Answers using various views. Extensive experience in using OBI Answers for creating different Requests, Filters, Views, Charts, Interactive Dashboards with page and dashboard Prompts.
- Experienced on Delivers/iBots (alerts) and administering Web Catalog Objects (pages, folders).
- Worked on various OBIEE features like Security, cache, usage tracking, dimensional hierarchy, aggregate navigation, Variables.
- Expertise in creating projects and Working in MUDE environment.
- Having Good Experience in Authentication and Authorization- Repository and Catalog level
- Created Users, Groups, Roles on LDAP and External Tables using Enterprise Management, Console.
- Good knowledge of BI Publisher to create reports from BI Answers
- Experience in ETL methodology using Informatica Power Center/Mart.
- Experience in using Data warehouse Administration Console (DAC) to schedule and run Full and Incremental ETL loads, to schedule the Informatica jobs, and to customize Execution Plans
- Well versed with Dimensional Modeling (Star and Snow flake) to build the Data warehouse
- Involved in Unit Testing and Integration Testing of the application
- Good understanding on KPIS AND KPI Scoreboards
- Good commitment, result oriented, hard working and zeal to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks
Reporting Tool: OBIEE 10g/11g and BI Publisher. OBIA and BI Publisher
Data warehouse Tool: Informatica (Power Center 9.5.1/8.6.1/7.1) , DAC.
Databases & RDBMS : Oracle 10g/11g ,
Languages: SQL & PL/SQL, SQL Developer
Operating Systems: Windows 2007/XP/Vista/2003 server, Linux
Role : OBIEE Developer
- Work with business users to understand the needs and define the requirements, including report definition, conversion and data cleansing rules, design changes to screens and reports, develops user system documentation and provides appropriate user documentation.
- Perform business analyst functions to develop and maintain online reporting to support the data and information needs of internal customers.
- Provide technical knowledge to the design and implementation of the enterprise wide business intelligence solutions.
- Create technical design specifications, developing analytical reports, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, debug, tune and optimize report performance.
- Develop reports, dashboards, and supporting our client's Intelligence platforms and applications
- Develop test conditions and test cases for assigned tasks.
- · Working Extensively with Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer using OBI Administration Tool
- To create Connection pools, import physical tables and define joins in the Physical Layer.
- Involving in modeling activities which included building star schema as per the business requirements.
- Creating dimension hierarchies and assigned levels and custom aggregation rules for each level.
- Creating Time Series measures Year ago, Month ago, Year-to-date measures using AGO and ToDate functions
- Used the expression builder utility to create new logical columns in the BMM layer and created various calculation measures. Implemented Level Based Measures
- Developing Reports / Dashboards with different Analytic Views (Drill-Down / Dynamic, criteria filters, Prompts, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Tabular with global and local Filters) using Oracle BI Analytics Web / Oracle BI Presentation Services.
- Configured interactive dashboards by adding embedded content such as links/images, HTML objects and folders.
- Created business reports using global and local filters with BI Analytic as per client requirement.
- Created and Managed Object Level, data level security, Hierarchies and tuned running queries to optimize performance.
- Setup Users and granted privileges to access OBIEE Dashboards and Reports for users in the organization
- Created Users and Groups, and assigned permissions and privileges to Users and Groups in the repository.
- Modified the existing reports and dashboards for enhancement and fixing some of the issues related to performance, data quality etc. during production support activity
- Worked closely with the business users to identify various KPI's.
Environment: Oracle 11g, OBIEE 184.108.40.206, Oracle EBS R12, SQL Developer, OBI Analytics (Admin, Answers, Delivers), BI Publisher, User Acceptance Testing, UNIX, Windows 7.
Role : OBIEE Developer
- Business requirement gathering, understanding business objectives and analysis.
- · Working Extensively with Physical Layer, Business Layer and Presentation Layer using OBI Administration Tool.
- Configured Hierarchies, Aggregate columns, Time series wizard in the Admin Tool.
- Created Repository and Session variables in the Admin Tool.
- Creating reports and publishing them in the dashboards using answers.
- Customized and developed repository, configured metadata objects (Subject area table column) and web catalog Objects (Dashboards, Pages, Folders, and Reports.)
- · Add users to the new group and apply the data level security and object level security at the rpd and Web catalog.
- Configured Low Level Security to allow users to view data only according to this requirement.
- Involved in the analysis of the existing system reports and modification of the reports, created new reports based on the user requirements
- Created reports and delivered the same to the end-user through Delivers
- Created different Views like Table, charts, pivot tables, view selectors, narratives and column selectors.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, OBIEE 10.1.3.4.2/11 g, Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9.x, Java, BI Publisher, Web logic, Unit Testing, JS Script, Static HTMLs.
Role: Sr. OBIEE/ETL Developer
- Working with the Business users for identifying potential reporting needs that will help them save cost and effort. OBIEE Technical lead and Scrum master.
- Documenting customer requirements (use cases) translating them into functional and technical requirement specifications.
- Providing project estimates, with gap analysis and proof of concept if required for providing high level swag.
- · Conduct OBIEE scrum sessions from requirement gathering phase to Customer acceptance testing.
- Using Siebel Tools created Report Object Libraries for reports.
- Worked with Siebel Analytics Delivers to create and schedule iBots.
- Preparing mock up designs for OBIEE dashboards and report requirements.
- Involved in developing Mappings and Transformations such as the Source qualifier, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, and Update Strategy between source and target using designer.
- Configured DAC –Data warehouse Access control for running of ETL job
- Used DAC to schedule and run the Full and Incremental ETL loads and to schedule the Informatica jobs.
- Developed complex out of box functionalities like JS scripting, Static HTMLs, navigations using Go URL methodologies etc
- Involved in Unit Testing, performance Testing & Regression Testing.
- Work with development team to resolve day to day issues and coordination.
- Responsibility for support and enhancements of the application.
- Proactively identifying new reporting requirements that are beneficial to the user community. User trainings .
Environment: Oracle 10g, OBIEE 10.1.3.4.2/11 .1.1.7, Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9.x, DAC 10.1.3.4.1 , UNIX, Windows XP, Unit Testing, JS Script, Static HTMLs.
Role : Report Developer
- Worked with Business Analyst and analyzed the business requirements for developing the repository and extraction of reports.
- Analyzed the specifications provided by the client, understanding the business.
- nstall, configure, and administer the OBIEE platform
- Involved in RPD Development, Oracle BI Administration, Oracle BI Answers, Scheduling IBOTS
- Designed Star schema for fact & dimensional tables and created alias for the dimension and fact tables when necessary.
- Created Views and alias for complex queries in the physical layer of OBIEE in order to improve the performance of the reports and to implement complex reports
- Developed Physical Layer, Business Model & Mapping and Presentation Layer using Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Specified Dimensional hierarchy, Aggregate levels for the dimensions.
- Developed different brand level Reports, Filters, and Prompts using Oracle BI Answers.
- Used Filters (Global and Local) and provided customized prompts to avoid excessive data showing up in the reports
- Created various reports to fulfill the marketing needs and customized the views using Oracle BI Answers
- Designed and Configured Intelligent Dashboards in Analytics for different groups of users, which include like Managers, functional heads, Department Heads.
- Managed Security privileges for each Subject area and Dashboards according to user requirements.
- · Developed many Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down / Dynamic, criteria filters, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Tabular with global and local Filters).
Environment : Oracle 10g/11g, OBIEE 10.1.3.4.2/11 g, Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9.x, Java, BI Publisher, Web logic, Unit Testing, JS Script, Static HTMLs.