- Confident, creative and highly qualified marketing professional with over 15 years of experience.
- Proven ability to face challenges head-on and execute sound marketing practices to implement business solutions.
- Exceptional work ethic and diligence toward accomplishing goals.
- Outstanding track record for leading diverse teams to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent analytical skills.
- Innovative, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Ability to effectively manage a multitude of projects in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
Confidential / PITTSBURGH, PA / May, 2011 - Present Assistant Vice President, Senior Product Manager, Fixed Income Solutions: Series 6 licensed professional. Responsible for leading the development and execution of comprehensive product line strategies to achieve asset growth for the firm. Tasks/duties include:
- Manage the overall life cycle of assigned products. Provide ongoing assessments of opportunities for product refinement, extension and rationalization. Prepare formal product plans, as appropriate.
- Define product positioning and key elements of differentiation. Lead or contribute to multi-disciplinary teams in developing communication strategies, including message development and refinement, collateral design and development, delivery (medium) strategies, etc. Ensure continued relevance of key messages based on market conditions.
- Proactively identify product marketing opportunities based on industry trends, the market environment and competitive advantages.
- Leverage and coordinate company-wide resources including Sales, Marketing, Investment Research and Client Services to effectively support and promote assigned products.
- Partner with Training and Development and Investment Management to facilitate product understanding in the field and throughout the organization; proactively identify and address training needs and opportunities. Develop and/or contribute to internal educational material.
Confidential/ PITTSBURGH, PA / March, 2006 - May, 2011 Assistant Vice President, Senior Marketing Manager: Series 6 licensed professional. Work with marketing, sales management and senior executives to plan and implement projects that support revenue generation and business goals for Federated's Global and Institutional business units. Tasks/duties include:
- Managed and mentored a team of marketing professionals toward the successful completion of marketing projects.
- Deployed marketing expertise across five sales channels to create customized presentations and product literature.
- Developed sales ideas complete with analysis and compelling business rationale.
- Prepared due diligence documents (proposals/questionnaires) to support the use of Federated products.
- Worked with external creative agencies to develop brand concepts and product literature.
- Created marketing programs that applied an effective media mix to reach target audiences.
- Delivered compelling marketing communication to support sales growth.
- Managed the day to day workflow of the team to assure the timely delivery of marketing support.
Confidential / PITTSBURGH, PA / March, 2004 - March, 2006 Internet Marketing Manager: Employ marketing expertise to design and develop specialized marketing programs. Tasks/duties included:
- Managed the development of an offshore website in both English and German languages.
- Prepared sales ideas complete with analysis and compelling business rationale.
- Designed and developed marketing programs for top institutional clients and platform relationships.
- Worked with external creative agencies to prepare sales resource materials.
- Prepared weekly electronic communication announcements for distribution to the sales team to assist asset growth.
- Electronically managed/coordinated an online asset allocation program, including interaction with external clients.
- Planned/implemented internet site presence and e-marketing strategies for institutional distribution channels.
- Responsible for managing the department's intranet initiative, which showcased marketing literature, presentations, proposals and research materials.
Confidential / PITTSBURGH, PA / 2000-2002
Director of Marketing: Provide a marketing point of view for activities undertaken by the firm and report results to its Board of Directors. A comprehensive, hands-on assignment covering all aspects of marketing, business development, public relations and advertising. Tasks/duties included:
- Conducted weekly marketing meetings with senior executives to track marketing activity and monitor results.
- Contacted prospective clients regarding project opportunities.
- Coordinated and/or completed the production of written proposals.
- Designed a new identity package for the firm, which included a new website.
- Developed prospective client lists for business development.
- Handled prospective client inquires.
- Provided graphic design expertise for award submittals and advertisement placements.
- Responsible for the development of marketing collateral materials.
- Strengthened presentation capabilities by implementing enhanced technology techniques.
Confidential / PITTSBURGH, PA / 1996-2000 Business Development & Marketing Director: Responsible for the development and maintenance of the corporate marketing program. Tasks included enhancing the firm's client base and building long-term client relationships. Responsible for all marketing functions, including the creation of promotional literature, market research, and public relations. Tasks/duties included:
- Directed/managed the day to day efforts of the corporate marketing team.
- Authored and implemented the firm's corporate marketing plan, identifying action plans and revenue sales goals.
- Conducted cross-selling training programs for staff to enhance their marketing capabilities.
- Facilitated strategic planning sessions with executive management.
- Implemented a business development tracking system for project leads and marketing activity.
- Improved written proposals, which increased the number of short-list opportunities.
- Maintained relationships with subconsultants and contractors to strengthen business development initiatives.
- Managed the maintenance and format of the integrated marketing database.
- Operated weekly marketing meetings with senior management to evaluate sales results and monitor marketing activity.
- Performed market research to identify new market segments/geographic market regions for the firm.
- Planner of a new corporate "identity" campaign (branding) for the company and its public release.
- Prepared project teams (coaching) for client related presentations and interviews.
- Prepared the annual operational budget that adequately supported all activities of the Marketing Department.
- Produced an award winning corporate video for use in business development activities.
Confidential / EBENSBURG, PA / 1992-1996 Department Head ~ Corporate Marketing: Responsible for directing marketing and business development functions company-wide, including the coordination of a sales force. Analyze business development opportunities for the firm. Plan, coordinate, and implement the public relations and advertising practices of the firm. Tasks/duties included:
- Directed/managed the day to day efforts of the corporate marketing team.
- Authored and implemented the firm's corporate marketing plan, which included revenue sales goals.
- Developed and implemented an integrated new business development marketing database.
- Editor and manager of communications for all publications and promotions produced by the company.
- Established and maintained the fiscal budget for all corporate marketing activity.
- Improved the department's timeliness, accuracy and responsiveness to its internal clients.
- Led a cross-company team to develop and implement corporate marketing goals and objectives.
- Managed the production of written proposals and questionnaires.
- Member of the communications committee, which designed and produced the firm website.
- Performed market research to assess changes in the marketplace.
- Successfully coordinated the activity of a sales team comprised of 10 individuals toward increased profitability.
- Worked with executive management to develop a five-year strategic plan.
Confidential/ WASHINGTON, D.C. / 1989-1992 Assistant / New Business Development: Responsible for coordinating and implementing a program of new business development for the environmental consulting practice. Directly involved in proposal management and client reporting.
Confidential / WASHINGTON, D.C. / 1989-1989 Media Assistant: Assisted in the development and execution of media plans; maintained client contact with over 40 publications; placed print space for several consumer and business-to-business accounts; prepared quarterly media spending reports; prepared print circulation/editorial analysis reports; and prepared media usage reports.
Education: Bachelor of Arts
References: Available upon request.