- More than 7 years of IT experience in the Analysis, design, development, testing and Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions using Data Warehouse/Data Mart Design, ETL, OLAP, Client/Server applications.
- Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries.
- Excellent testing experience in all phases and stages of Software Testing Life Cycle and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with good working knowledge of testing methodologies, disciplines, tasks, resources and scheduling.
- Highly Proficient with SQL, UNIX Shell and Perl.
- Diversified experience in Manual and Automated testing; extensively used automated Testing Tools such as Mercury Interactive Test suite in both Windows and UNIX environment (Win Runner, QTP and Test Director).
- Highly Proficient in writing complex SQL Quries to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Experienced in creating the SSIS packages, DTS packages.
- High domain knowledge on Healthcare, Banking and Pharmaceuticals industries.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC. In depth knowledge of one or more development methodologies.
- Experience with implementing and operating software control management, automated build management and automated testing.
- Ensuring smooth onsite to offshore transition of requirements and conducting knowledge transition sessions.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using ETL tools like Informatica and Data Stage.
- Experience in testing using both manual procedures and automated testing tools, coding, implementation of mainframe, client/server and web based applications.
- Highly experienced in ETL Testing Using Informatica 8(Power Center, Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, and Server Manager).
- Technical hands-on expertise in testing the reports using OLAP tool Business Objects 4/5.x/6.0 /XIR2.
- Extensively strong on databases including Oracle 10g/9i/8i, Teradata V2R6, MS SQL Server 2008 and IBM DB2.
- Experienced in writing test cases, test scripts, test plans and execution of test cases reporting and documenting the test results using Mercury Quality Center.
- Strong in testing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and packages utilizing PL/SQL.
- Involved in generating Test Scripts using Quick Test Pro (QTP) for different transactions to execute Functional Testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Ensuring onsite to offshore transition, QA Processes and closure of problems & issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with results-oriented attitude.
- Good documentation skills with the ability to meet project deadlines and ability to work in a cross functional environment.
Web Technologies: XML, HTML, XSD, XPath, XQuery
App Servers: Java Web Server, Apache Tomcat
Tools: Toad, SQL Assistant, Developer 2000, Autosys
Databases & RDBMS: ORACLE 8, 9i, 10g, MY SQL, MS Access, DB2, SQL Server 2005/2008, Teradata V2R5/V2R6, IBM DB2 9.x, Sybase 12.5
Scripts: VB Script. Java Script, Shell Scripting, PERL
Operating Systems: MS-DOS 6.22, WINDOWS ’95,'98 & NT/2000/XP, Unix
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL , PL/ SQL , VB Scripting
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, UDP, FIX, ATM, Ethernet, LAN & WAN
Web Browsers: Internet Explorer 6.0, 5.0, Netscape 7.0, 6.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5
Testing Tool: Test Director 8.0, Mercury Quality Center 8.2/9.1
Data Warehousing Tools: Informatica 8.5.1, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS ,Ab Initio (GDE 1.15, 2.15), Data Stage
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Involved in understanding of Data models and SRS/mappings documents.
- Testing activities includes Functional, GUI and Regression testing of the application
- Involved in gathering requirements and tested design documents and mapping documents
- Prepared the Test Strategy for System Test to entire ETL & BI.
- Participated in Checkpoint meetings, kickoff and Integration meetings to keep track of new requirements from the project.
- Queried databases using SQL queries in TOAD and SQL Server Management Studio to validate the data loaded into target tables.
- Writing complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the SSIS Packages and business Rules.
- Responsible for testing packages using SSIS (ETL) to verify data completeness, data transformation, data quality, integration testing, UAT & regression testing.
- In the process of testing, performed UNIX testing (running batch jobs and verifying Autosys status and the log files), Database Integrity testing, Data Conversion Testing, Reports generation and verification testing.
- Reduced manual process by building system for customer to load vendor incentives into Excel spreadsheet, then use CICS to initiate batch job to FTP and load data to mainframe.
- Written Complex SQL queries to validate the data against Source 2 Target definitions.
- Tested several Stored Procedures for many data needs
- Tested different reports including detail, summary reports and on demand reports developed by SSRS Report Studio
- Functioned as the Onsite / Offshore coordinator for a team.
- Set-up of Test Environment for GUI testing and Back-end testing
- Created complex reports using the multiple data providers and synchronized the data providers by linking the common objects to create the common report and to compare the results with the Source Systems.
- Reviewed the mapping documents with Tech lead, Database Developers and Test team for better understanding of the requirements.
- Tested SSIS packages for transferring data from corporate and other non SQL server databases to populate various tables.
- Perform Application testing which includes data validation across back-end databases in Oracle (RDBMS), by writing SQL Query in Toad.
- Used SQL queries to perform backend testing on the database
- Responsible for identifying and defining the Key Performance Indicators in SSAS 2005
- Performed functional, regression, white-box and black-box testing on the payment and billing application
- Written Test plans, Test cases, executed Test cases for SQL/backend test and tracked defects in Quality Center based on the Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, and Business Workflows.
- Performed Smoke test, System test, Functional, Integration, End to End, User Acceptance testing and Regression testing activities in Test environment and Production support environment.
- Responsible for testing packages using SSIS (ETL) to verify data completeness, data transformation, data quality, integration testing, UAT & regression testing
- Performed unit testing, system testing and user acceptances test (UAT) for reports and safety management.
Environment: Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, and Server Manager) , Mercury Quality Center , SSIS,SSRS,SSAS ,TOAD,Oracle 9i/10g, UNIX, Shell Scripting, Sybase, Flat Files
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center 9.0.
- Setting up of environments to be used for testing and the range of functionalities to be tested as per technical specifications.
- Worked with development team to ensure if testing issues are resolved on the basis of using defect reports.
- Designing the template and structure for data extraction and processing using SSIS and its different tools from different sources of Production server, Excel sheets
- Executed the Test Scripts in TOAD and documented the results in RTM.
- Extensively used SQL to verify and validate the data loaded to the Teradata.
- Implemented and supported the Business Intelligence environment and User Interface.
- Wrote Test cases for Enterprise Data Warehousing (EDW) Tables and Data Mart Staging Tables.
- Developed mapping document for ETL development efforts.
- Tested ETL mappings, enabling the extract, transform and loading of the data into target tables.
- Involved in Source System Analysis.
- Extensively worked on designing various output and management reports Using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated the detailed reports of the Bugs, go no go reports and comparison charts.
- Conducted Black Box – Functional, Regression and Data Driven. White box – Unit and Integration Testing (positive and negative scenarios).
- Defects tracking, review, analyze and compare results using Quality Center.
- Defined the Scope for System Integration Testing.
- Identifying field and data defects with required information in ETL process in various jobs and one to one mapping.
- Preparation of various test documents for ETL process in Quality Center.
- Involved in Test Scheduling and milestones with the dependencies.
- Involved in developing test cases to test Teradata scripts (Bteq, multiload, fastload).Updated the status of the testing to the QA team, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly.
- Used SQL for Querying the Oracle database for data validation and data conditioning.
- Tested complex objects to the universe to enhance the report functionality.
- Involved in documenting the changes to the universe and reports functionality.
- Identified & presented effort estimations related to testing efforts to Project Management Team.
- Responsible to understand and train others on the enhancements or new features developed.
- Provide support to client with assessing how many virtual user licenses would be needed for performance testing.
- Tested the database to check field size validation, check constraints, stored procedures and cross verifying the field size defined within the application with metadata.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center,Toad, MS SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS ,SSAS,Oracle 9i/10g, Teradata V2R6 (MLOAD, FLOAD, FAST EXPORT, BTEQ), UNIX, Shell Scripting, Flat Files
Confidential, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Used Quality Center to create manual and automated tests, build test cycles, run tests, report and track defects. Generated reports and graphs to review the progress of test planning, tests run and defects tracked.
- Responsible for testing Business Reports developed by Business Objects XIR2.
- Used Mercury Quality Center to write test cases.
- As part of Data warehousing QA responsibilities, we have done with data verification and data validation of services providing by the Clear Vision system for business decision and reporting.
- Written several complex SQL queries for data validation and data verification.
- Developed Test Plan and Test Strategy for multiple data feed applications.
- Promoted Unix/Informatica application releases from development to QA and to UAT environments as required.
- Worked with AutoSys commands to execute and monitor UNIX jobs in Acceptance environment.
- Create and Monitor workflows using workflow designer and workflow monitor.
- Involved in developing test cases to test Teradata scripts (Bteq, multiload, fastload).Updated the status of the testing to the QA team, and accomplished tasked for the assigned work to the Project Management team regularly
- Performed data analysis and data profiling using SQL and Informatica Data Explorer on various sources systems including Oracle and Teradata.
- Created Batch processes using BTEQ, UNIX and Teradata SQL to transfer, cleanup and summarize data.
- Tested and developed the mapping for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating, and loading data using Informatica.
- Worked on informatica to resolve production issues perform testing and debugging of mappings and reports.
- Involved in testing both Front-end systems (Web application) using JMeter for load testing , backend systems, online and batch modules.
- Performed Black-box and white-box testing on the ASAP application and created work around for lot of issues
- Tune and test the mappings to perform better using different logics to provide maximum efficiency.
- Design and execute the test cases on the application as per company standards.
- Worked on a Business Intelligence reporting system that was primarily functioning on Oracle Applications OLTP environment with Business Objects for Business Intelligence reporting
- Ensured that the mappings are correct and conducted data validation.
- Testing the source and target databases for conformance to specifications
- Written SQL scripts to test the mappings and Developed Traceability Matrix of Business Requirements mapped to Test Scripts to ensure any Change Control in requirements leads to test case update.
- Conducted review sessions on test case and regression test scripts in quality center.
- Identify & record defects with required information for issue to be reproduced by development team.
Environment: Windows XP, SQL, Oracle, Teradata V2R6 (MLOAD, FLOAD, FAST EXPORT, BTEQ), UNIX, ETL Tools Informatica 8.6, Business Objects6.1, XIR2, TOAD, Quality Center 9.2
Confidential, Charlotte, North Carolina
QA Analyst/Data Warehousing Tester
- Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
- Develop test plans based on test strategy. Created and executed test cases based on test strategy and test plans based on ETL mapping document.
- Written complex SQL queries for querying data against different data bases for data verification process.
- Performed UAT testing .
- Designed the data flow diagrams using VISIO.
- Prepared the Test Plan and Testing Strategies for Data Warehousing Application.
- Preparation of technical specifications and Source to Target mappings.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to implement business rules and security.
- Written test cases to test the application manually in Quality Center and automated using Quick Test Pro.
- Analyzed SQL code to ensure Business Objects queries the correct data from the database.
- Defects identified in testing environment where communicated to the developers using defect tracking tool Mercury Test Director.
- Developed scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools as required executing test plans.
- Tested a number of complex ETL mappings, mapplets and reusable transformations for daily data loads.
- Creating test cases for ETL mappings and design documents for production support.
- Setting up, monitoring and using Job Control System in Development/QA/Prod.
- Created DataStage Parallel Jobs to Fact and Dim Tables.
- Tested the messages published by data stage and data loaded into various databases.
- Extensively worked with flat files and excel sheet data sources. Wrote scripts to convert excel to flat files.
- Scheduling and automating jobs to be run in a batch process.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using Test Director 6.5.
- Worked with ETL group for understating mappings for dimensions and facts.
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and SQL Server.
- Worked on issues with migration from development to testing.
- Extensively tested several Cognos reports for data quality, fonts, headers & cosmetic.
Environment: PERL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Oracle, Data Stage 8.1/8.0/7.X/6.X (Manager, Autosys 3.4, Designer, Director, Administrator), Mercury Test Director 6.5, QTP 7.2, SQL *Loader, Cognos 7.0 Series, Oracle8i, SQL Server 2003, Erwin 3.5, Windows 2000, TOAD 7, PL/SQL