- Over 8 Plus Years of experience in gathering Business Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementations and Documentation of various functionalities of Data Warehouse, Data Marts, BI and Transactional applications.
- Worked on Recent OBIEE Versions 126.96.36.199 &188.8.131.52
- Installed Configuration, Upgrade, Migration and Administration of OBIEE,Informatica Power Center.
- Five years of extensive Business Intelligence and Data warehousing experience with Kimball and Inmon Methodology using OBIEE/Siebel Analytics 7.x and Informatica 7.x.
- Expertise in providing end-to-end business intelligence solutions using OBIEE and Knowledge of working in all phases of the Data Warehouse Development Life Cycle.
- Strong understanding of logical and physical database designs and also dimensional modeling schemas like Star and Snowflake schema.
- Expertise in design and development of the three layers (Physical/Business Model and Mapping/Presentation) of an OBI Metadata Repository using Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Configured Answers (ad-hoc querying, reports), Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities (charts/tables/graphs), Delivers/iBots (alerts) and administered Web Catalog Objects (pages, folders).
- Sound knowledge of database architecture for OLTP and OLAP applications, Data Analysis, ETL processes in developing data marts and Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Experience in working with business intelligence architect and team to translate business requirements into an effective data warehouse design.
- Experience in Writing Technical Design Document and converting Functional Specs to Technical Specs.
- Development strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) of data from various sources into Data Marts and Data Warehouses using Informatica Power Center (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor).
- Experienced in Performance Tuning of Source, Targets, Mappings, Sessions and Transformations.
- Experience in writing Database Objects like Packages, Stored Procedures, Functionsand Triggers.
- Experience in Informatica and DAC.
- Used DAC (Data Warehouse Administration Console) to configure, administer, load and monitor modular data warehouse applications.
- Worked with technical team members to develop, deploy and support powerful dashboards and reports in OBIEE.
- Experience in implementing Seibel analytics with BI Publisher.
- Worked with Creating Report Layouts in BI Publisher.
- Expertise in implementing complex business rules by creating re-usable transformations, and robust mappings/mapplets.
- Proficient in all the phases of the Software development lifecycle, including requirements Definition, Analysis, Design, System Implementation, Performance Tuning, Testing and Production Support.
- Active team player with excellent communication, organization and Interpersonal skills, self-motivated and quick learner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, fun-filled and challenging environment.
BI Tools/Analytics: OBIEE 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 10.1.3.4, OBIA 7.9.6.X / 7.9.5OBIEE 11g, OBIEE 10.1.3.x, Siebel Analytics 7.8.2/7.7.1/7.5 , Oracle BI Admin Tool, Catalog Manager, Answers (Analysis), Dashboard, BI Publisher, and Delivers
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.1/8.1/7.x/6.x, Oracle Data Integrator(ODI)
Database: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL, MS Access
Data Modeling Tools: DAC (Data warehouse Administration Console), Autosys
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, HTML, XML
Scheduling Tools: ERwin, Oracle Designer, and Microsoft Visio
Oracle Tools/Utilities: SQL*Loader, Oracle Designer, SQL Developer, TOAD, SQLNavigator, JDeveloper, Oracle Developer 2000
Operating System: Windows Vista, Win 95/98/2000/XP, Win NT 4.0, Linux, Unix
Knowledge: Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB)
- Installed and configured OBIEE11g in Linux/Unix Environment.
- Performed major role in understanding the business requirements, designing and loading the data into data warehouse (ETL)
- Worked closely with the business community to assess business needs, define requirements, data integration and Implement solutions & Gap analysis in OM Module.
- Designed and documented the custom ETL process to load data from OLTP database to populate the Datawarehouse Integrated and Automated informatica workflow loads using DAC
- Worked closely with the architecture team to design the process in populating employee expense data as a flat file source to the EDW and data mapping.
- Optimized current processes by applying Informatica techniques. Reduced the load time from 12 hours to less than 6 hours.
- Scheduled and Monitored ETL execution plans using DAC.
- Created a custom task in DAC to check if the data marts are in sync after the load and send a notification email.
- Involved in setting up Ibots to run reports after the load for Cache Seeding to Improve Query Performance using Caching.
- Responsible for troubleshooting the application issues by raising Service requests with oracle.
- Also participated in developing ETL design using Informatica, used Transformations like Aggregator, Update, Filter, Lookup, Sorter.
- Configured Ibots to deliver custom pivot reports to the users.
- Implemented Multi-User Development (MUD) in Production.
- Designed Technical specifications and Developed Accounts Payable BI reports & Dashboards.
- Developed Reports/Dashboards and user interfaces with different Analytics Views using Oracle Business Intelligence Presentation Services.
- Analysis of Source, Requirements, existing OLTP system and identification of required dimensions and facts and designed the dimensional model.
- Created guided navigation links and Drilldown on invoice amounts to get a detailed invoice lines in the dashboards to help the end users.
- Created Users, Groups and giving the permissions in OBIEE Administration Tool and verifying the Permissions of the users in Presentation services.
- Coordinated the OBIEE .rpd and Web Catalog objects migration from QA to Production environment.
- Implemented Query Optimization techniques to improve Performance of existing OLAP reports by implementing the aggregates, materialized views, indexes etc.
- Conducted user training to familiarize them to the new reporting environment and to use the reporting infrastructure for effective decision-making
Environment: OBIEE 22.214.171.124 /126.96.36.199 , Oracle 11g, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle E-business Suite 188.8.131.52, PL/SQL ,Informatica Power Center 9.0.1, DAC, BI Apps 184.108.40.206, Linux, Toad.
- Created Repositories by building Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer, and Presentation Layer using Oracle Admin Tool.
- Installed and Configured OBIEE11g on AIX UNIX.
- Responsible for the upgrade of OBI Applications from 7.9.5 to 7.9.6.
- Implemented Cluster Control for High Availability in OBIEE.
- Configured Scheduler and Usage Tracking in OBIEE11g.
- Worked on Web Logic server for configuring the security in OBIEE 11g.
- Configured OBIEE with Oracle Access Manager with OBIEE to implement the Single Sign On(SSO).
- Worked on Migrating the repository and web catalog from one environment to higher environments. Developed and customized some of the existing Dimensions (Drill Down Hierarchies) and Logical Objects in Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Catalogs in the Presentation Layer.
- Created Aggregations and Logical Based Measures in Business Model and Mapping Layer.
- Created Analytical Views (Compound Layout, chart, pivot etc.,) and Global/Local Prompts to design the Dashboards.
- Created Security Settings in Oracle Administration Tool to setup Groups and Provide Access Privileges and Query Privileges and also managed security for Groups in BI Answers.
- Developed Dashboards for each of metrics by embedding reports and providing intuitive drill- downs and links to exploit the full benefit of Analytics in providing summary and detail reports.
- Used OBIEE Delivers to automateiBot queries, obtain weekly reports and to send alerts to related managers and secured team members.
- Used DAC (Data warehouse Administration Console) for both incremental and full loads.
- Monitored and Scheduled ETL along with reducing application configuration and development time by using DAC.
- Enhanced performance of Reports/Dashboards by implementing the Aggregate tables, Table execution path by making use of hints, Creation/Re-building of Indices and Cache Management.
- Involved in developing the Incremental ETL process (Mappings & Mapplets) using various Transformation and Workflows with Sessions/Tasks, executed workflows through shell scripts using pmcmd.
- Created & saved several BI Publisher reports by selecting an Answers request as Data Source.
- Built multiple execution plans in DAC for weekly and daily loads.
- Worked in creating Transformations and Mappings using Informatica Designer and processing tasks using Workflow Manager to move data from multiple sources into targets.
- Participated in analyzing ETL mappings using Informatica 8.6.1, used Transformations like Aggregator, Update, Filter, Lookup, Sorter.
- Worked and developed Repository (.rpd), configured metadata objects (Subject Area, Table, Column) and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports).
- Build test cases and tested the Reports/Dashboards by comparing the SQL Output on the Data warehouse to the values in the Reports/Dashboards, documented the test results.
- Did attend the everyday Follow up calls about the OBIEE Business Processes with End Users and Team Members.
Environment: Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11g, Informatica 8.1,DAC 7.9.5, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Delivers, Windows XP, UNIX/LINUX Oracle 11g/10g, SQL,ODI, PL/SQL, and TOAD 6.3/7.0.
- Involved in requirements gathering of the various work streams by meeting with the business user and base lining the details and translate those requirements into a datawarehouse design.
- Oversee the overall operations of SDLC processes executed by the IT development team to ensure quality and on time delivery.
- Coordinate the daily operations and perform as a liaison between the clients and developers and management teams. Developed, coordinated and monitored budgeting and sales management forecasting efforts.
- Worked with System Engineering team to design Facts, Dimensions, ERD, Dimensional data model, Data Structures (relational and OLAP) and Hierarchies of the business model.
- Worked with Oracle BI Applications, Oracle BI Publisher to build custom applications leveraging existing data sources and infrastructure.
- Worked with Generation of XML data and Create Upload the Templates in BI Publisher.
- Responsible for setting up the environment including installation of OBIEE, BI Apps and Informatica in all the environments.
- Worked with creating RTF templates in MS Word by connecting to BI Publisher, and publish these templates for the reports to view data in BI Publisher.
- Created Repositories by building Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer, and Presentation Layer using Oracle Admin Tool.
- Experience in working with PL/SQL in OBIEE Through a pipelined function.
- Created Dimensions, Aggregations and Levels using admin tool in the Business Model and Mapping Layer.
- Creating complex joins/keys, setting levels to support Drill-down, Aggregation/Sum over columns.
- Modified presentation layer dimensions and attributes to match user requirements.
- Developed custom reports/Ad-hoc queries using Oracle BI Answers and assigned them to application specific dashboard.
- Used Filters (global and local) and provided customized Prompts to avoid excessive data showing up in the reports.
- Configured Intelligence dashboards by including embedded content such as links/images and HTML objects.
- Used DAC to schedule and run the full incremental ETL loads and to schedule the informatica jobs in Oracle Business Analytic Warehouse.
- Implemented security by creating users & groups, setting up External Table Authentication, creating Session Variables and Initialization Blocks and associated catalog objects and Web modules with the created groups.
- Created proactive agents iBots and interactive Dashboards to alert the Marketing team about business changes. Managed day-to-day rpd, Scheduler &iBots.
- Utilized Oracle Delivers for sending real-time, personalized alerts via intelligence agents (iBots) to subscribed users.
- Configured Informatica connections source DB connection and target DB connection in DAC.
- Developed Informatica mappings and mapplets to build key interfaces using transformations (Source Qualifier, Joiner, Update Strategy, Lookup, Rank, Expressions, and Aggregator) for loading the data into data warehouse.
- Created pivot table requests allowing managers to analyze the business in different perspectives.
- Involved in performance tuning by enabling the cache to improve the query performance.
- Built custom analyze scripts for DAC to reduce the time for table analysis.
- Involved in preparing/executing Test scripts, executes Test plans establishing Test Data, and recording defects, assembles and document the results.
- Coordinated the OBIEE .rpd and Web Catalog objects migration from Redevelopment environment to QA environment and then to the Production environment.
- Experience in working with End users in defining and preparing System requirements.
- Conducted user training to familiarize them to the new reporting environment.
Environment:Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11g/ 10.1.3.4.1 , Procurement, Informatica Power Center 8x, Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC),Java Script, Oracle BI Apps, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Delivers,Essbase,Windows XP, UNIX/LINUX, Shell Scripting, Oracle 11g/10g,Oracle 11i, SQL, PL/SQL, and TOAD 6.3/7.0.
Client: Confidential, NY
- Requirement analysis, Designed and implemented custom business intelligence solutions (Metadata and Dashboards/Reports) using the Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) Analytics platform.
- Integrated AS-IS processes into TO-BE process improvements workflow diagrams.
- Effectively worked with Dell management and executive level resources (ELT, VPs, CIO, CIO Staff) to obtain appropriate information and translate into accurate operational models documented in IDEF methodology format. Obtained appropriate level of information to produce governance and consolidated process models into IDEF format.
- Built asset mapping content and documentation management and change management processes. Used facilitation and process methodology skill set to produce aligned processes and capabilities matrixes in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Converted existing swim-lane style process models into IDEF0 logical models for sales, marketing, procurement, and order management business processes and departments.
- Reviewed team generated models for accuracy, completeness and compliance to standards.
- Provided project manager with weekly expense reports using Microsoft Excel.
- Designed Technical documents for the conversion programs and Interfaces from Functional documents.
- Designed and Developed OBI Repository at 3 layers i.e., Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer level.
- Created and Administered the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer in Analytics Repository (.rpd) using Oracle BI Administration Tool.
- Developed Time Series object for comparing between the months, quarter’s sales.
- Developed complex reports involving complex SQL filters.
- Worked with ERD and dimensional data models and Data Structures with Relational and OLAP cubes within OBIEE and ETL processes using Informatica.
- Extensively used presentation variables to develop the logic for the reports.
- Implemented the variables in the repository to import them in the presentation layer.
- Implemented Security by creating roles & web groups, checks with External tables and LDAP.
- Performance Tuning of Dashboards/Reports and made recommendations for changes to database by implementing the materialized views, partitions, re-building of indexes, overwriting the SQL.
- Developed many Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down / Dynamic, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, View/Column Selector, Tabular with global and local Filters) using Presentation Services/Siebel Analytics Web.
- Experience working on workflow manager and workflow monitor to create, schedule, monitor workflows, work lets, sessions, tasks, Oracle BI Applications, Oracle BI publisher etc.
- Experience in working with PL/SQL while creating views in physical layer.
- Worked extensively on Oracle BI Publisher and provided the capability to download the reports in the user defined formats.
- Involved in building and migrating the DAC metadata across DEV/ST environments.
- Used Informatica Power Center to develop ETL mappings, transformations, and to load data.
- Enforced Row Level Security for Managers to View the Reports pertaining to their Region
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.4, Informatica Power Center 8.6/8.5.1/8.1.1 , Oracle 11i,Oracle 10gR2, Oracle BI Apps, DAC, MS SQL Server 2005, DB2,Hyperion 8.3, Erwin 4.3, Oracle BI Publisher, PL/SQL, Java Script, Essbase,UNIX Shell Scripting, Toad, Windows NT.
Client: Confidential, RI
- Involved in Dimensional modeling (Star Schema) of the Data warehouse and used Erwin to design the business process, grain, dimensions and measured facts.
- Extracted the data from the flat files and other RDBMS databases into staging area and populated onto DataWarehouse.
- Developed number of complex Informatica mappings, Mapplets, reusable
- Transformation to implement the business logic and to load the data incrementally.
- Developed Informatica mappings by usage of Aggregator, SQL Overrides in Lookups, Source filter inSource Qualifier and data flow management into multiple targets using Router transformations
- Used Debugger to test the mappings and fixed the bugs.
- Used various transformations like Filter, Expression, Sequence Generator, Update
- Created sessions, configured workflows to extract data from various sources, transformed Data, and loading into data warehouse.
- Migrated mappings, sessions, and workflows from Development to testing and then to Production environments.
- Created multiple Type 2 mappings in the Customer mart for both Dimension as well as Fact tables, implementing both date based and flag based versioning logic.
- Monitor troubleshoots batches and sessions for weekly and Monthly extracts from various data sources across all platforms to the target database.
- Given Production support to resolve the issues.
- Involved in Performance tuning at source, target, mappings, sessions, and system levels.
- Tested the data and data integrity among various sources and targets. Associated with Production support team in various performance related issues.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to move source files to archive directory.
- Used Informaticapower connects to connect external Data bases.
- Involved in Unit, Integration, system, and performance testing levels
- Extensively used SQL* loader to load data from flat files to the database tables in Oracle.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center tools- Designer, Repository Manager, WorkflowManager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Created various data marts from data warehouse and generated reports using Cognos
- Developed Standard Reports, List Reports, Cross-tab Reports, Charts, Drill through Reports and Master Detail Reports Using Report Studio.
- Created Query prompts, Calculations, Conditions, Filters, Multilingual Reports Using Report Studio.
Environment: Informatica Power exchange suite, Informatica power connect suite,Oracle10g, SQL Server, SQL, PL/SQL,SQL* Loader, Erwin, TOAD 9.5, Star Schema, UNIX Shell Scripts, Cognos 8.x , Flat files, Windows XP, and MS-Office tools.