Solutions focused IT professional with solid experience in architecting, designing and developing business intelligence/data warehousing and application systems. Insightful and results - driven with success in transforming complex business requirements into real world solutions meeting client needs. Self-directed, analytical, and organized professional, with record of managing business operations and hands-on skills in the successful delivery of projects with major Federal organizations, USPS, financial, and telecom sectors.
Extensive experience helping corporations transform operational data into actionable information. This has empowered users to make informed decisions to answer business questions.
- Successfully delivered projects involving multi-million dollar financial transactions.
- Participate and lead all phases of SDLC, from project inception, elaboration, construction, and delivery.
- Self-starter with proven leadership abilities, excellent communicator, adept with people, processes and technology.
- Manage Business Operations - Marketing, Customer/Vendor Relations, Budgets, Contracts, and work on client engagements.
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, OLAP, and Reports/Dashboards
- Data Analysis/Integration
- Data Model Design
- Project Management
- Systems Design, Development, & Implementation
- Strategic Planning
- Consulting, Sales Support
- Team Leadership
Business Intelligence Architect/Consultant
hud - MicroStrategy Architect/d eveloper (Project Lead)
- Supporting Public and Indian Housing (PIH) Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) to provide users with access to information for assessing the condition of HUD’s housing portfolio.
- Worked hand-in-hand with business stakeholders to understand their needs. Architected and designed report solutions.
- Supported iNtegrated Assessment Subsystem (NASS) - created reports/dashboards for Public Housing Assessment System (PHAS) scoring using financial, management, physical and capital fund data. In addition developed dashboards for Next Generation Management System (NGMS) Portfolio Risk Management Tool (PRMT) and other subsystems.
- As the project lead provided guidance and direction to team members to meet task order deliverables.
- Responsible for design, project metadata definition, creating dashboards/reports for various business areas, performing data analysis, unit testing reports, and documentation.
usps - MicroStrategy Architect/Developer
- Designed/Developed dashboards/reports for Service Performance Measurement (SPM ) project which measured and analyzed commercial mail delivery performance.
- Responsibilities included schema definition/design, project metadata creation, data analysis, and testing.
northrop grumman - MicroStrategy Architect/Developer
- Cyber Analytical Workbench System (CAWS) project for DIA's Office of Cyber Threat Analysis (CTA) - purpose is to analyze information from all available intelligence sources and perform trend/predictive threat analysis of cyber threats to DoD information systems and infrastructures.
- Constructed MicroStrategy project and dashboard/reports to aid cyber analysts. Implemented customized MicroStrategy security module (using SDK) to access reports/dashboards from an application portal.
- Devised table and SQL scripts to load test data into Oracle tables.
- Documented CAWS MicroStrategy Design.
Confidential mac - M icroStrategy Developer
- Supported MHA-C Loan File Staging project to develop reporting solution using MicroStrategy.
- Created report mockups in Excel.
usps - MicroStrategy Architect/Developer
- Supported Phoenix Reporting project to develop reporting solution using MicroStrategy - designed reporting model, created data warehouse tables in MS Access and developed prototype reports.
hud - Business Intelligence Architect/d eveloper
- Technical consultant for the Office of Evaluation within the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - supporting a business intelligence system for their multi-billion dollar multifamily portfolio.
- Developed business requirements for the data mart.
- Created project metadata using MicroStrategy Architect and deliver MicroStrategy prototype reports.
- Created dashboard/reports using SAS suite of tools.
- Additional tasks included maintenance of MS SQL Server scripts; monitored/ran data load jobs, fulfilled ad-hoc data requests, performed data analysis, and assisted business users with reports.
Confidential , VA
Business Intelligence Systems Engineer
- Partnered with the sales team to provide WebFOCUS Business Intelligence (BI) reporting support to federal customers.
- Developed customized product demos and concept-solutions, addressing key performance indicators (KPI) with various product solutions including interactive analytical reports, score-cards and dashboards.
- Focused on building relationships with key customer contacts, worked to increase customer satisfaction and ROI of their applications.
Managed business operations and supported projects at Fannie Mae, Convergent Solutions, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Cisco.
Fannie Mae - Data Analyst
- Developed project schedules, managed team progress, facilitated requirements gathering, and delivered interface specifications.
- Key contributor for integrating/staging of sub-ledger data for all structured transactions that required consolidation. This data was consumed by down-stream systems for critical financial disclosures.
Convergent Solutions, Inc. - Business Intelligence Consultant
- Collaborated with ETL/Data Architects on report analysis and developed strategies for Web deployment.
- Designed and developed reports for GSA’s Public Building Service’s (PBS) Rent Estimate data warehousing project using JasperSoft tools.
- Delivered on-demand reporting system with dynamic what-if scenario analysis, and revenue forecasting.
Booz Allen Hamilton - MicroStrategy Architect/Developer
- Created metadata repository and reports using MicroStrategy tools for Mineral Management Service data warehousing project.
Cisco - Senior IT Analyst
- Supported project to design/develop system that allowed the business to identify, track, and prioritize multi-million dollar long-term federal business development opportunities.
- Participated in requirements definition process with business team.
- Supported COTS application, called WinAward - a business development management tool used by federal sales.
- Developed reports in Crystal Reports XI and served as administrator for Crystal Reports Server XI; set-up users, managed objects in repository, created business views, and installed patches/fixes.
- Oversaw user/configuration management and installation/setup of Web application using IIS.
- Enabled users to access and execute reports using InfoView.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Senior Technical Analyst /Project Lead
- Assisted project managers with project charters, provided estimates for project schedules, determined resource requirements, and set goals/objectives for deliverables.
- Led a team of 6 resources. Coached, directed and managed team to achieve short project deadlines.
- Planned, designed, developed, and deployed data marts for: counterparty and portfolio risk management, financial reporting, time reporting, multi-family portfolio analytics.
- Led requirements & data analysis, data model & architecture design, delivering implementation of dimensional models, and worked with ETL team to load and verify data.
- Held requirements meeting with business project sponsors and produced requirements documents using KPI matrix method or captured in DOORS; trained in the Rational Unified Process and requirements capture with Use Cases.
- Utilizing MicroStrategy suite of tools, I created projects (Architect), developed reports, provided guidance/assisted users with report development and performed project/user administration.
- Enabled business users to easily analyze debt, derivative, and mortgage transactions.
- Ensured compliance to SOX control requirements for project level change management processes.
- Managed approvals through the Change Control Board.
- Supported Dealer Relationship Management project and enabled business users to access/run reports over Web through application portal.
Confidential , McLean, VA
- Meet with key stakeholders to understand business process and document requirements; perform data analysis to integrate data from multiple sources (external and internal) and designed data architecture to develop requirements for data mart that allowed financial users to perform analysis of debt and derivative-related data.
- Lead end-to-end (SDLC) - design, development, implementation, test/data validation, and deployment of data mart to support capital markets.
- Architected MicroStrategy projects, delivering critical reporting and analysis environment to users, troubleshoot issues, and develop ETL scripts.
- Performed MicroStrategy user administration and developed reports using Desktop.
Worked at Teligent; Litton PRC; Sprint; Concert; MCI; Universal Systems &Technology; Hughes STX,; CIT Alcatel; Plessey Telecommunications;TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Methodology: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Unified Modeling Language (UML), System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Databases & Related Tools: Oracle 10g, Oracle SQL Developer, MS SQL Server/Enterprise Manager, SQL Server DTS, Query Analyzer, T-SQL, DB2, Sybase, Teradata, MS Access, Informix, Oracle 9i Designer, Erwin, DataStage, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, SQL Scripts, SQL Loader, Toad for Oracle, MS Query, SQL Navigator, Rapid SQL, Command Center, and SQL Advantage
Business Intelligence Tools: MicroStrategy Application Suite 9.3 (I-Server, Desktop, Web, Report Services, Office, Architect, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, Narrowcast), SAS (Base SAS, OLAP Cube Studio, Information Map Studio, Web Report Studio, Enterprise Guide), WebFOCUS (Developer Studio, Managed Reporting, Business Intelligence Dashboard, Reporting Server, ReportCaster/Library), Business Objects XI (Central Management Console (CMC), InfoView, Web Intelligence (Webi), Crystal Reports Server XI, Crystal Reports 10 & XI), JasperSoft tools, Cognos PowerPlay & Impromptu, and Oracle Discoverer
Platforms: Windows XP/2000/NT/95, TomCat, Windows 2000/2003 Server & IIS, and UNIX
Applications: MS Team Foundation Server, VMware vSphere, DOORS, TestDirector for Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest, MS Office, Visio, MS Project, QuickBooks, SharePoint, and MS FrontPage
Languages: XML, Java, HTML, ASP, VBA, and C++