People - first leader-manager committed to empowering a team, building buy-in, creating ownership, driving change and delivering on-plan results. Adept at translating vision, developing and actualizing strategic plans, and building a sales-driven enterprise from the bottom up. Skilled at IT applications, process improvement, re-engineering & change management. Experienced working for major insurance carriers and consultants, including extensive multi-line claims management & product development experience. Flexible and adaptive. A superb technical lead with broad business skills, including major account management, business process analytics, cycle time reduction, customer care, quality assurance and information systems.
- Healthcare Administration/Managed Care
- Strategic Planning & Tactical Execution
- Financial Modeling/Business Planning
- Disability & Workers’ Compensation
- Policy Management/Underwriting
- Wellness/Disease Management
- Property/Casualty Insurance
- PPO Plan Administration
- Risk/Claims Management
- Vendor Management & Credentialing
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Integration
- Business Process Analytics/Improvement
- Performance Management/Metrics
- Scrum Methodology
- Quality/Lean Six Sigma
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & CRITICAL CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Turnaround leadership. Hands-on experience developing the strategic operating plan and tactics to turnaround or improve an existing operation and devise and launch new products…addressing and improving all major operating areas enterprise wide.
- Marketing savvy. Experienced with all aspects of product development, commercialization, launch and management, including packaging, positioning, pricing and promoting various insurance industry or industry-related products and services globally.
- Corporate financial management. Bottom-line budget management responsibility with full charge P&L across diverse industries and markets, including insurance, healthcare, managed care, business consulting, risk management and technology.
- Strategic leadership. A natural thinker-planner-doer adept at forming and leading top-producing teams, galvanizing commitment and overcoming obstacles—consistently producing measurable results in up and down markets.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Senior Director/P&C BPO Services
- Operational portal development. Designed and implemented a web-based BPO hub for account management, business processes, standard operating procedures, functional ISO framework documents, reporting metrics and audit standards. The results: Integration of all client materials, resources and tools under one highly functional, integrated system.
- Dashboard development. Developed new operational dashboard metrics focusing on the big picture to allow clients to view and track various elements of their operation proactively. The results: Increased client satisfaction with a related reduction in operating expenses.
- Business planning. Wrote and delivered business plans for a new premium leakage BPO service. Developed a cloud vendor management network with intelligent routing for the P&C, healthcare and senior market place. The results: An expected profit margin improvement and increased top line revenue for the P&C BPO operations.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Executive Director of Business Development & Process ImprovementResponsibilities:
- Strategic leadership. Developed the strategic and tactical plan that decreased the frequency of negative margin assignments by 62% with an accompanying 20% severity cost reduction. The results: Completion of the entire process in less than two months.
- Performance measurement. Created and implemented quantitative and qualitative dashboard analytics to replace perception-based analytics—efforts designed to build organizational buy in and solution-driven business practices. The results: A 1% profit margin improvement.
- Organizational reengineering. Analyzed and devised a restructuring plan for a high-volume call center, QA operation and vendor relations function. Applied six sigma methodologies to achieving measurable improvements in efficiency quickly.
- Performance improvement. Developed an automated credentialing process and marketing plan for the vendor relations network. The results: A reduction in the cost of risk and improved operational performance.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Director of Product ManagementResponsibilities:
- Thought leadership. Structured a new international team by creating a P&C insurance claims vision and applying agile product management practices with Scrum methodology to facilitate timely delivery across multiple measures. The results: Successful product delivery within 100 days.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Director of Claim SolutionsResponsibilities:
- System development. Led the design and development of key business processes, including practice standards for vendor network and state-of-the-art claim/call center management reporting metrics. The results: A successful and timely beta launch, a Best in Show award, the sale of rights for various products and exclusive distribution agreements.
Harden & Associates, Jacksonville, FL
Director of Specialized Support ServicesResponsibilities:
- Business process development. Identified an unmet need in the market with banking clients for BPO services that track insurance certifications on loans written. Defined key business processes, packaged the offering, developed the promotional materials and trained the sales force. The results: More than $150,000 in new revenue.
- Product development. Created a new, highly marketable offering competitively benchmarking the total cost of risk for clients on the property/casualty side and healthcare side through data analytics—an effort that did much to secure and maintain high-dollar-value client relationships.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
Director of Sales and MarketingResponsibilities:
- Top producer. Devised and implemented a formal market development plan designed to capture a significant share of various vertical markets, including determining the initial target market and identifying the top 50 players. The results: Successfully reached 35 decision-makers directly and earned the right to pitch to 16 in a ten-month period of time.
- Market positioning. Devised a “best practices” marketing strategy to re-position the company’s offerings in an increasingly cluttered marketplace—a strategy that differentiated the company, its products and created interest.
Confidential, Farmington, CT
Director, National Disability SalesResponsibilities:
- Mar-com strategy and tactics. Created a first-of-its-kind vision for the division specifying the company’s client value proposition. Recreated the company’s marketing materials, including replacing an ineffective brochure and crafting a strategically designed Web site to help the company differentiate itself.
- New business/product development. Developed a marketing plan and business development plan to cultivate new business and cross selling. Working with other AIG affiliates, developed customer materials specifying HDi’s services relative to FMLA, STD, LTD, Workers’ Compensation and healthcare services.
Confidential, Syracuse, NY
District Manager/PPO AdministratorResponsibilities:
- Turnaround management. Developed the plan to turn around the region by reengineering key processes, restructuring and re-staffing the organization, and developing a marketing strategy and tactics to drive sales.
- Marketing. Developed a first-of-its-kind cross-selling and new business development strategy using professional-quality marketing materials with the goal of growing the business in profitable directions. The results: An increase in sales of 10%.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
Director/Bonadio Risk Management,Responsibilities:
- Practice launch. Pioneered risk management consulting in upstate New York. Met with senior-level decision-makers to explain services. The results: Successfully took sales from zero to $150,000 in one year. Saved one client $500,000 and another $100,000.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
Vice President & ManagerResponsibilities:
- Process improvement. Reengineered business processes and procedures to meet ISO-9002 certification standards, improving the quality of services offered and reducing operating expenses.
- Business development. Launched new initiatives to drive sales. The results: A reversal of a downward trend and revenue growth of 100% in the first two years, ultimately achieving a #3 Quality Scorecard rating nationally and ranking as Best Office.
Confidential, Global Risk/Claims Manager - Dayton, OH
Confidential, Corporate Risk/Claims Manager - Grand Rapids, MI
Confidential, Corporate Risk/Claims Manager- Rochester, NY
Confidential, Risk and Insurance Manager - Rochester, NY