- 13+ years of IT experience in Datawarehousing, Business Intelligence and Data integration implementations and solution architecture for global companies.
- Performed multiple roles as Solution Architect, Tech Lead, Developer, Analyst, Data Modeler and System Administrator.
- Experience in complete life cycle of the DW/BI implementation (Vision, Strategy, Architecture, Design, development, Testing, Governance, Troubleshooting, Administration, and Production Support).
- Implemented 10+ diverse DW/BI projects such as Integration, Migration, Conversion, Upgrade and Reporting (BI) projects.
- Strong experience in Data Integration from disparate data sources and platforms, prototyping solutions, preparing testing strategy, data replication, extraction, transformation, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses.
- Strong analytic and SQL skills to identify source systems and define integration requirements.
- Experience in performance tuning of DW/ETL processes.
- Expertise in IBM InfoSphere Suite of Products including DataStage (Parallel as well as Server Editions), QualityStage, Information analyzer, Business Glossary, Fast Track, and Information Services Director.
- Hands on experience in working with major ETL and BI tools.
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture, Master Data Management and Data Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Active interest in implementation of Big Data and cloud based technologies.
- Experience in leading, managing and ramping up teams in onsite, offshore as well as remote working environments.
- Experience in Mentoring and Training of project teams.
- Skill Areas: Data warehousing, ETL, Business Intelligence, SDLC, DW/BI/ETL Design and Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Integration, Master Data Management, Change Data Capture, OLAP, Reporting, Release Management, UNIX Shell Scripting, Service Oriented Architecture, SQL Tuning, Data Quality, Requirement Analysis, Data Migration, Big Data, Cloud Computing, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell scripting, C, C++, HTML, .Net
- Databases: Confidential, DB2, Teradata, Microsoft Access, SAP BW, SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase
- ETL Tools: IBM InfoSphere Information Server (11.x,9.x,8.x/7.x/6.x), Informatica Power Center, SSIS, ODI, Talend, Abinitio
- OLAP Tools: SAP BexAnalyzer, Cognos, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Microstrategy, SSAS
- Database Tools: SQL Loader, TOAD, SQL* Plus, Import, Export, File - AID, Erwin
- InfoSphere Products: DataStage, QualityStage, FastTrack, Information Analyzer, Information Service Director, Business Glossary, MetaBrokers, MetaBridges, IBM Information Server Console & Server Manager, Metadata Workbench, DataStage Packs- SAP BW, SAP R/3, XML, Web Services, Java, PeopleSoft, Siebel, JD Edwards
- Operating System Platforms: Linux, AIX, UNIX, Windows, OS/390, z/OS
- Release Management: Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server (TFS), CVS, IBM Rational Clearcase & Clearquest, MS Visual SourceSafe (VSS)
- Scheduling Tools: Autosys, Tivoli, Cron, DataStage Director, UC4
- Miscellaneous: Hummingbird, WinCP, SharePoint, WebEx, Citrix, VMware, Reflections
Lead Database Migration Consultant at Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Leading the team to analyze the RES, SimVen and Suites applications and their databases to understand the current implementation and the usage of Sybase and SQL server specific features.
- Analyzing the existing database schema and identify the changes required in the applications to migrate to or add support for Confidential databases.
- Identify all the external applications such as Crystal reports accessing the current databases and document the changes required in SQL code to make it compatible with Confidential DBs.
- Identifying possible technical approaches for migration or addition of Confidential DB support.
- Identifying technical approach for data migration including master configuration and transactional data.
- Come up with a high level technical architecture to provide user the ability to select specific database during application installation.
- Perform a trial migration using an automated tool and identify its limitations to come up with inventory of activities to be performed manually.
- Create QA strategy for data validation, verification and functional testing.
- Estimation of effort, timelines and cost of implementation using tool as well as manually.
- Identify potential technical issues, risks, and dependencies.
Technologies: Sybase SQL Anywhere Version 16, SQL Server 2008 R2, Confidential 11g, Confidential 12c, MySQL Community Edition 5.7, PL/SQL, .Net, C++, C#, Visual DataFlex, SQL Developer, MySQL workbench, SQLWays.
Business Intelligence Architect at Confidential, Boston, MA
- Led and managed the team at onsite and offshore to implement the project.
- Created technical architecture and design for the proposed reporting solution including single Sign-on capability to seamlessly access Microstrategy reports from Client Access Website.
- Worked with business to gather requirements, document them, obtain sign off and communicate to development and testing teams.
- Defined testing plan & strategy, defect resolution approach and defect management process.
- Performed data analysis to ensure correct and complete data is available for reporting requirements.
- Performed database and data model analysis to identify correct data source for the reporting data elements.
- Worked with Microstrategy team to align business requirements with tool capabilities and propose adjustments, changes if necessary.
- Involved in analysis and tuning of reporting SQL queries.
- Identified opportunities for reusability of business logic in reports to minimize development time and improve efficiency.
- Managed the release management cycle for Deployments.
- Coordinated with cross functional and support teams to meet business and technical objective of the projects.
- Worked with client teams to establish governance framework for the project (Best coding practices and standards).
Technologies: Microstrategy, SQL Server, MS Visual Studio, TFS, PARTS PLUS, Star Team, VDI, SSIS
Technical Lead and InfoSphere Admin at Confidential, Dublin, OH
Cardinal Health, Inc. is a Fortune 500 health care services company specializes in distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical products, serving more than 60,000 locations worldwide. Virtusa was partnered to provide DW/ETL services for multi- year Datawarehousing projects which involved setting up of IBM InfoSphere as primary ETL tool at enterprise level, Conversion from Informatica to DataStage, providing 24x7 platform support for InfoSphere Tools, Implementation of Medical Business Transformation among other short term integration projects. In Addition, Virtusa was also responsible for maintaining multiple.net based OptiFreight logistic Applications and their integration with enterprise data warehouse for business intelligence purposes.
- Provided leadership to the team of onsite and offshore developers to implement DW/ETL projects.
- Installation, Upgrade, Configuration, Tuning and Administration of InfoSphere tools ( DataStage, QualityStage, Information analyzer, Fast Track, Business Glossary, IISD, Metadata workbench)
- Design and development of ETL jobs, performance tuning of DW/ETL processes (specifically InfoSphere based ETL jobs).
- Established DW/ETL governance standards and best practices. Implemented SOA architecture by create reusable code base and eliminating redundancies.
- Prepared Test plans and strategies.
- Reviewed, troubleshoot and resolved technical design and architectural issues.
- Managing the release management cycle for DW/ETL deployments
- Performing Data analysis to define integration requirements and creating technical specifications
- Coordinating with cross functional and support teams to meet business and technical objective of the projects.
Technologies: IBM InfoSphere 8.1 (DataStage, QualityStage, Information Analyzer, Business Glossary, IISD, Fast Track, Metadata workbench), Teradata, Confidential, DB2, SQL Server, UC4, Unicenter, MS Visual Studio, TFS, SSRS, LINUX, SAP
Associate Architect at Confidential, Boston, MA
Confidential (JHFS) had an immediate need for a data warehouse in support of its Policy Rerate and Business Integrity functions. The envisioned data warehouse wouldwill enable Seamless reporting, Architecture supporting Data mining, Flexible architecture that supports both subject areas and would be scalable to include future subject areas/requirements, multi- dimensional query facility - aka data marts and cubes and flexible foundational architecture for the anticipated growth. Phase I of the project would provide overall architecture and develop prototype to showcase the usefulness of data warehouse.
- Developed foundational architecture and design for data warehouse.
- Gathered DW/BI requirements for DW/BI prototype and translating them to technical specifications.
- Created logical data models for BIU and Rerate Data Marts.
- Involved in creating Technical Infrastructure for DW/BI at client site.
- Involved in onsite/offshore coordination and management.
- Guided team on best practices/standards to be followed for DW/BI processes.
- Involved in Review, Troubleshooting and Resolving Technical Design and Architectural issues.
Technologies: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Reporting and Analysis Services (SSRS & SSAS), Erwin Data Modeler r7, SharePoint, Citrix, Windows XP
Senior ETL Consultant at Confidential ., Peapack, NJ
Pfizer’s Insight Data warehouse fed data to several BI analytic and reporting applications for decision and operational support. Veeva is one of such applications based on salesforce.com. Project objective was to automate the existing manual ETL process to transform and load data to Veeva. My role involved collecting the business requirements, creating technical specifications and leading the implementation team to design, develop, test and deploy the ETL process. In addition, I was involved in planning phase to upgrade DataStage version from 7.5 to 8.1.
Technologies: DataStage 7.5/8.1 (Parallel and Server), Confidential 9i and 10g, SUN-SOLARIS, AS400, SQL Server Reporting and Analysis Services (SSRS & SSAS), Erwin Data Modeler r7, Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Explorer, Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Foundation Server (TFS), Toad, SharePoint, DataStage Version Control, WRQ Reflections, Windows Vista
ETL Lead at Confidential, Princeton, NJ
The Insurance Company Operations (ICO) division of Munich Re America (MRAm) delivers the underwriting administrative services component of MRAm’s insurance capabilities for both admitted and non-admitted companies. The Excel spreadsheet based ICO Historical Profitability report has provided users with an off-line ability to calculate Historical Profitability (HP) on a calendar year basis for ICO business, inclusive of reported results, overhead expense allocation and ultimate loss projection (IBNR). However, as an Excel spreadsheet, this tool had many limitations that restricted its overall usefulness. Project involved replacing it with a modern, automated on-line analytical capability that leveraged the data contained in the new ICO BW. We implemented DataStage based calculation engine which extracted data from SAP BW and transformed to support HP calculations. Output data was loaded to SAP BW ODS and used to create cubes to generate HP reports.
Technologies: InfoSphere DataStage 8.x, 7.1, Confidential 9i and 10g, HP-UX, SAP BW 3.5, SQLLDR, SyncSort, Toad, Hummingbird, Tivoli, Korn Shell, SharePoint, DataStage Version Control, Windows Vista