An accomplished marketing/communications professional with expertise in developing marketing objectives and strategies, and implementing breakthrough, innovative and integrated campaigns that generate revenue and builds brand equity. A dynamic leader with a proven track record of positive contribution to both revenue and culture that is adept in corporate and media relations, event planning, community relations, project management, social media and corporate responsibility initiatives.
Confidential, West Des Moines, Iowa 2010 - 2011 An Iowa company that offers real estate solutions in Greater Des Moines and Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Director of Marketing Directed strategic marketing/communication efforts for twelve entities.
- Quintupled website and on-site traffic through the creation of a multi-faceted marketing and social media campaigns that led to a division's first profitable year in 12 years.
- Increased brand equity by 35% and 20% for retail and commercial respectively which increased revenue.
- Leveraged negotiation tactics to maximize marketing/communication investments that realized a 45% savings with media outlets.
Confidential, Des Moines, Iowa 2008 - 2010 A global outsourcing company that offers a range of direct-to-consumer and business-to-business solutions. Marketing Manager Directed national marketing/communication strategy for the publishing division. Portfolio included subscription and product fulfillment, customer service, direct marketing, digital solutions and printing and mail management.
- Drove share gains for subscription fulfillment through re-positioning creative and new media formats that led to 8 acquisitions which resulted in over $2 million in new revenue.
- Retained yearly revenue of $50 million through the strategic planning and innovative execution of customer appreciation campaigns.
- Increased brand equity by 35% through the creation of promotional collateral including direct mail pieces, communication materials, web sites, trade publication ads and social media.
- Implemented internal social media communication channels that increased communication between employees and executive staff that improved the overall company culture by creating openness.
- Directed the development of channel strategies across product and customer segments that led to a 22% increase in new clients and 90% increase in new service sales to existing customers.
Confidential, Des Moines, Iowa 2008 A North American insurance provider and sales leader in fixed indexed life and fixed indexed annuities. Marketing/Corporate Affairs Consultant While on a long-term contract, consulted on national marketing/communication and event planning efforts.
- Created communications on topics such as mergers and organizational changes that improved employee confidence and morale from 70% to 85% according to employee surveys.
- Planned and managed quarterly employee meetings and groundbreaking ceremony events within budget for employees, state dignitaries and the public. Unsolicited feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
Confidential, West Des Moines, Iowa 2007 - 2008 An Iowa bank renamed Vantus Bank in 2007 and acquired by Great Southern Bank in 2009 that offered personal and commercial products to individuals. Sales Training and Development Specialist Created a sales culture and led bank-wide sales and development initiatives.
- Implemented internal communications that inspired sales competition by 100% and increased new customer base by 25%.
- Developed and implemented marketing and recruitment programs, including new member program, niche marketing, and customer relationship profiling that improved customer cross-sell ratios by 50%.
Confidential, Des Moines, Iowa 2006 - 2007 A full-service advertising agency that specializes in corporate and product branding. Account Manager Implemented brand visions and managed advertising and promotional implementations to increase sales of products or services that increased sales revenue and brand awareness.
- Facilitated planning sessions that fostered out-of-the-box strategic campaigns and value add programs that led an average of 20% new revenue for clients.
- Renewed Beam Central Vacuum brand positioning and communication to reclaim key equities and returned business to growth for the first time in two years and doubled its U.S. revenue.
- Launched a smoking elimination (JEL) street marketing event that led to a record number of teen participants and state and local media coverage.
Confidential, West Des Moines, Iowa 2003 - 2006 An instructional cheerleading and dance company for youth K - 12. Principal Led the creation and expansion of the business.
- Organized multiple promotions that increased public awareness and generated a positive brand image. Confidential, West Des Moines, Iowa 2000 - 2003 A financial institution that offers a range of loans in various fixed- and adjustable-rate mortgages.
Implementation Consultant Directed the development of marketing, communication and training for high profile project implementations.
- Provided consultation on needs assessment, design, development, delivery and evaluation of implementations that resulted in improved product promotion by 50%.
- Developed creative implementation approaches that contributed to the sustainability of product/service knowledge by 70%.
Confidential, Johnston, Iowa 1998 - 2000 An organization that serves children with special health care needs. Public Relations Manager Established effective relationships with clients, communities, government officials and media representatives.
- Developed marketing and communications plans which resulted in improved quality, quantity and tone of coverage in media by 43%.
Confidential, Des Moines, Iowa 1995 - 1998 A state agency that focuses on promoting and protecting the health of Iowans. Program Planner 1997 - 1998 Administered and marketed the statewide Rural Health Clinic Program.
- Championed the recruitment and retention efforts of health care professionals that resulted in doubling the number of applicants seeking employment in rural Iowa areas.
Information Specialist 1995 - 1997 Planned the communication of information to increase favorable public perceptions of the agency's services.
- Re-staged brand with new positioning and graphics standards for the department that improved public recognition by 72% and knowledge of services by 25%.
EDUCATION Bachelors, Marketing and Communications; Minor, Psychology
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT Balanced Scorecard, Project Management, Instructional Design, Coaching, Process Improvement, Needs Analyses, Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Virtual Event Planning, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite