EDUCATION Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Finance; Minor in Psychology
Confidential. St. Louis, MO 3/2008 -Present Cost Accountant
- Conduct daily cost analyses including purchase price variances, process order variances, and margin review.
- Collaborate with procurement and manufacturing to value inventory using SAP purchase orders, invoices, and bills of materials.
- Partner with individual manufacturing departments to increase understanding of costing procedures and methods for increased costing accuracy.
- Manage Inventory Donation Program and inter-departmental program team providing excess inventory to schools free of charge. More than $5 million donated to university research to date.
- Compiled accounting information from all North American offices as member of Hyperion Financial Management support team undertaking company-wide project to streamline global reporting.
- Perform month-end closing functions including providing management with monthly inventory analysis reports as well as finalizing inventory and cost of sales.
- Increased efficiency and accuracy in cost accounting department by using advanced Excel features such as Macros, Vlookups, Pivot Tables, and Solver.
Confidential St. Louis, MO 3/2005 -3/2008 Pricing Analyst (5/2007-3/2008)
- Analyzed and resolved all pricing discrepancies between Macy's Midwest points-of-sale and the division's mainframe system.
- Provided senior management with weekly analysis, actionable data, and recommendations for improving pricing based on weekly data gathered from stores across the region.
- Managed store audits for pricing accuracy and analyzed audit results to identify stores with poor pricing execution and designed solutions to ensure their compliance with division pricing policies.
- Guided buyers in establishing and implementing pricing strategies. Coordinated sale events with advertising department and retail stores.
- Supervised two clerical positions in pricing office.
- Trained Assistant Buyers, Executive Trainees, and Interns on Macy's pricing systems.
General Ledger Accountant (2/2006-5/2007)
- Completed month-end closing functions including closing expense and finalizing P&L reports.
- Compiled weekly P&L forecasts for Director of Accounting and Vice President of Finance.
- Played key role in merger of Famous-Barr and Macy's Midwest ledgers - managed technical and managerial input from Corporate Headquarters, consolidated systems, and incorporated 50 stores into the Macy's Midwest general ledger system without any interruption of accounting operations.
- Collaborated with expense managers to process monthly journal entries, payroll transfers, accruals, and reconciliations for Famous Barr and Macy's Midwest.
- Helped Human Resources department to budget and plan the division's medical expenditure accounts including group life, dental, and disability.
Capital Expense Analyst 3/2005-2/2006 Confidential
- Forecasted utility, supply, and service expenses on a weekly basis. Provided expense analysis to Engineering and Supplies Purchasing departments as guidance for cost-cutting capital projects and budgeting.
- Responsible for collecting approximately $300,000 of cosmetic counter construction monies from vendors.
- Completed inter-company charge-backs to corporate office.
- Performed accruals for distribution centers and operations expense managers.
- Booked monthly depreciation and amortization entries for property, supplies, and payroll.
Confidential, LLC Washington, MO Inventory Accounting Analyst 3/2004-3/2005
- Tracked inventory receipts, sales, and returns and provided management with analysis of discrepancies between warehouse and Great Plains system.
- Performed monthly reconciliation of inventory accounts and conducted physical inventory audits at company warehouse in Dallas, Texas.
- Calculated and paid licensing fees and royalties pursuant to contracts with companies such as Disney and Mattel.
- Used Great Plains accounting software to enter all inventory receipts to ledger and provide assistance to accounts payable and accounts receivable staff accountants.
Confidential, CA Accounting Trainee 6/2003-3/2004
- Assisted General Ledger Accountant with month-end closings and reconciliations.
- Supported staff accountants in accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.