As a pragmatic and dedicated business professional, have successfully guided and expanded innovative companies and teams in the private and government sectors. Thrives in dynamic and entrepreneurial organizations, which require creative management, and adaptation to a changing business environment. Searching for a new and challenging position that will utilize business, financial, analytical, and project development skills.
Confidential, LA Founder, Vice President of Business Development (2006 to Present) Responsible for managing the business, finance, and administrative teams of a multi-million dollar biotechnology company focused on the development of algal production technology. Developed/managed the company's strategic contracts and partnerships, created and maintained financial models, conducted financial and business analysis for planning and forecasting purposes, managed the accounting team, and supported investor relations. Led the company's political (including US Senators and Congressmen) and academic relationships, created and managed company budgets, instrumental in the shaping of the company's public image, and managed the company's legal activities including: international patent work, capital accounts, and trade secrets.
- Established algae pilot operations, which generated patented applications and breakthrough algae growth technology.
- Integral part of negotiating team that resulted in a multi-million dollar strategic partnership with “top-5” oil major.
- Managed negotiations that resulted in research partnerships with Land O' Lakes Purina, Mars Foods and Mars Symbioscience, as well as niche food ingredient companies.
- Served as an Advisor and Secretary to the Board of Directors.
Confidential, MD Recruiter, Team Leader (2004 to 2006) Responsible for recruitment and career planning, generating leads, coordination of recruiting events, process improvement, and managing core team. Created schedules, conducted background checks, participated in events to improve the Army's public image.
- Implemented procedures which led to becoming Maryland's top recruiting team in 2005, nationally recognized.
- Awarded Army Achievement Medal from Maryland's Adjunct General and received local televised news coverage for the successes of team's new recruiting programs.
- Managed Army's financial resources to conduct events at local businesses, schools, and parks in order to improve recruitment effectiveness and provide a platform to interact with the public.
Confidential, Columbia, MD Manager, Marketing Associate (2001 to 2004) Responsibilities included corporate and family event coordination, supervision of 20+ staff members, provide customer solutions, new client generation, staff training, and technical training to troubleshoot unique hardware and software issues.
- Improved corporate relation procedures to attract new business clients and enhance the overall event quality and experience.
- Developed donation program that provided local schools and churches with opportunities to conduct events at ShadowLand at little or no cost. In turn, this increased customer traffic and led to new business development.
Education and Training: Bachelor of Science in Business Admin. - Legal Studies Missouri Combat Engineer
Additional Leadership Experiences:
Confidential, Camp Bucca, Iraq (June 2007 to March 2008) Sergeant, Radio Operator, Gunner Conducted security operations within Camp Bucca, Iraq and surrounding area. Duties included detainee security, enemy surveillance, medical evacuation security, and facility maintenance. Trained and supervised Iraqi forces to develop security and operational procedures in preparation for a future US withdraw.
Confidential, Dominican Republic (April 2006) Sergeant, Project Leader Humanitarian project to improve relations with Dominican government. Constructed medical clinics in rural jungle villages and trained the locals' basic medical skills. Responsibilities included general construction labor, quality assurance, team supervision, local population interaction, and plan implementation.
Additional Skills, Qualifications, and Activities: Secret Security Clearance, Confidential (Expires 2012) Technical Proficiencies: MS Windows and Office, HTML, Linux, Mac OS X Member of Fusion Five, an organization for young professionals focused on personal, professional, and community development
References available upon request