- IT professional experienced in Database, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence application development and support, involved in all steps of the application development life - cycle. Proven ability to effectively plan and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT Industry, spanning entire life cycle of system development on medium to very large software projects. Experience in Oracle technologies, experienced in Design, analysis, implementation, installation, configuration and administration support for Oracle technologies like OBIEE, Databases, ExaData, Exalytics, Essbase.
- Expert in Infrastructure and Implementation specialist for support on Oracle technologies on Exadata systems for databases and Exalytics in memory systems for OBIEE applications.
- Expertise in Installation and Configuration of Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) Applications on 11g and 12c, configured and implemented single and multiple nodes, external tier DMZ node. Involved in Design, Architect and Implementation of OBIEE on ExaData and Exalytics infrastructure.
- Full responsibility and expertise in database administration (DBA), installation, upgrades, patching, cloning of Oracle Databases 11g and 12c, RMAN recovery from backup, ASM disk management. Experienced in performance tuning, database backup/recovery, database security, database optimization, data migration, data replication, as well as configuring and supporting high-availability and 24x7 Oracle instances and SQL-server databases.
- Worked on all configurations of the Oracle Database Server: Distributed Option, Real Application Cluster (RAC), Parallel Query, Golden Gate, Advanced Replication (Oracle Streams) and Data Guard, Oracle Discoverer, Beehive, Oracle Warehouse Builder, E-Business Suite (EBS), Flashback
- Experience in Security Setup involving creation of users/groups, LDAP authentication, granting privileges and configuration of Multiuser Development Environment (MUDE).
- Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing experience including Data mapping with Informatica Power Center Tools and PL/SQL, reporting with MicroStrategy, SQL scripting for ETL, Schema creation and data reconciliation.
- Experienced in the development and design of ETL methodology for supporting data transformations and processing, using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI). Experienced in the Design, Documentation, Construction, Implementation and Maintenance of Star Schemas.
- Experienced in Oracle development and extraction of databases and file sources and populating Data Marts. Experienced in Data Mining, Data Cleansing, Transformation Scripts using Informatica and PL/SQL Stored Procedures/Triggers.
- Experience of reverse engineering, re-engineering of business models, migrating and porting of applications and databases across different hardware/OS/database platforms.
- Write and update Technical Notes and Documentation for future analysis and standardization.
- Experience Supporting 24/7 Production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
- Highly motivated team player with immense ability to grasp new concepts and apply them. Excellent presentation, written and communication skills
Business Intelligence: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) 11g/12c
Engineering systems: Exadata machine, Exalytics machine, Exalogic VM's, Infiband connections.
ETL Tools: Oracle Warehouse Builder 11 R2 with Oracle Data Integrator
Informatica: Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x, DAC 10.x
RDBMS: Oracle 12c/11g/11i/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000
Operating Systems: HP-UX, RHEL Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Windows Server Languages SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Java
Web Based: HTML, XML, Dreamweaver
Tools: SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Oracle SQL Developer, OEM, OAM, SQL, Tuning Advisor, TOAD, TKPROF, STATSPACK, Explain Plan, ORADEBUGData Modeling Tools: ERWIN, Microsoft Visio
Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Administrator
- Roles and Responsibilities include performing OBIEE, EPM, and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) and GoldenGate installation, Create Goldengate Extract and Replicat Processes, Monitor Replication, upgrades and patching. Installation of OBIEE 12c application on Exalytics server, configuring SSL and single sign-on, and applied OBIEE and WebLogic patches.
- Performing OBIEE, EPM and Informatica code releases and deployments.
- Mitigated performance issues by monitoring and reviewing application logs, trace files, alert logs, and concurrent logs, reports involving CPU, I/O Activity, and memory utilization.
- Interacting with Business Users and Gathering the requirements for developing OBIEE repositories, dashboards and reports. Attended core team meetings and customer requirement review meetings and translate them into technical specifications. Performed gap analysis and feasibility study for the given business requirements. Created mock up reports and dashboards for initial review by the business users, developing and debugging many Dashboards / Reports with different Analytics Views (Pivot Table, Chart, Tabular and View Selector), Alerts, Guided Navigation, and Dynamic / Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters.
- Developing Metadata repositories by configuring physical layer, business model and mapping layer and presentation layer using OBIEE Admin Tool.
- Did extensive performance tuning on OBIEE 12c and scaled out the BI Servers and Presentation Services. Created Aggregate Navigation using pre-computed aggregate tables for increased performance of the OBIEE analytics server.
- Upgraded RPD and Catalog from OBIEE 11g to 12c. Created and managed security in OBIEE using weblogic and database groups, and roles in Enterprise Manager and implemented LDAP authentication in OBIEE
- Worked on LDAP Authentication, Role Based Authorization Model, Display Tabs, Default Landing Dashboard, Object Level/Data Level Security, and Prompt Values using OBIEE.
- Provided extended production support based on the demand and complexity of the issue.
- Created/Managed Repository/Web Users and Groups and assigning permissions using Enterprise Manager Console.
- Setup Usage tracking option to monitor frequently run reports in order to provide caching for the reports and perform database optimization by analyzing query performance.
- Designed and created Report/Dashboard layouts with the necessary Data level and Object level Security as per business requirement.
Lead Database Engineer
- Responsible for reviewing business requirements and designing/maintaining the logical and physical data model using Erwin and the Guidewire proprietary Java based application code for data model support.
- Provided direction on database requirement implementation, created and fully maintained all development instances including the support of a data warehouse environment with frequent and significant data loads from mainframe legacy systems. Main support tasks include system design/analysis, application development, development team direction, database configuration and tuning, and user training.
- Maintained multiple instances of RAC (Oracle Real Clusters) databases ranging from release 10.2.0.4 to 11gR2. Implemented a robust RMAN incremental merge strategy that allowed the restore of terabytes-sized database in less than an hour. Implemented GoldenGate Replication by configuring extract and replica processes for GoldenGate.
- Used EPM Essbase Administration Services for activities such as filter creation, creation of users, creation of groups, and migration of cubes and maintenance of Essbase Servers.
- Developed batch scripts using MaxL and ESSCMDs to load data from relational systems database to Essbase cube; develop MDX queries, developed Calc scripts and created mechanism to allow periodical Essbase backups.
- Involved in developing report scripts, formulas using ESSCMDs; tested and optimize their performance
- Used PL/SQL for extracting and transferring selected data into Oracle data warehouse and then wrote several load rules for smoothly loading the data into Essbase server.
- Built a new Essbase financial database for reporting Actuals, Budget, Flash and Forecast numbers. Designed the ETL process for dataload into the new database from SQL tables.
- Imported, validated, and exported historical data to HFM using Hyperion Application Link Adapter (HAL).
- Managed BSO and ASO cubes and improved their performance through tuning: recognizing design issues, eliminated fragmentation, sizing caches, grouped sparse dimensions together, optimized Essbase caches, fine tuning of cache settings usage of filters.
- Automated data loads using ESSCMDs and MaxL in both interactive and batch modes. Generated several MDX queries for ASO cubes.
- Involved in requirements gathering, design, development, implementation, production testing, and implementation of HFM, Planning and Essbase projects.
- Specific role as Essbase Administrator involved Shared Services security development for Essbase, HFM and Planning.
- Assisted with maintenance functions of existing HFM implementation, updating Web Forms, HFM Value retrieval.
- Provided several key features in the database, for the usability for financial controllers and directors, while maintaining the simplicity for maintenance. This involved flexibility to allow the business users to load data at any level into the db based on each business unit's procedures for Budget, Flash and Forecast numbers.
Senior Database Architect
- Provided data architecture, design and software engineering support to all AT&T Lab application teams.
- Responsible for database design activities from requirements analysis through application development, to deployment and maintenance including data cleansing, harmonization, and migration/synchronization plans both within the systems and with external systems as required.
- Advised on the latest and best methodology to backup databases over 10 terabytes when RMAN is the only backup technology available. Set up an effective backup strategy that incorporated block change tracking, RMAN compression and parallelism, datafile copy, incremental merge, flashback strategy which allowed the daily level 1 incremental of very large databases to complete in an hour. This strategy included global scripts created in the Recovery Catalog as well as a recoverable and tagged block-to-block datafile copy available in the flashback recovery area.
- Performed the migration of Oracle databases from 10gR1 and R2 to 11gR1 and R2.
- Provided recommendations on network, SAN and UNIX system administrators on how to configure the Virtual Hostnames, public and private names, mount points and kernel parameters for a successful RAC and Grid Infrastructure Installation. Implemented Oracle Advance Security (ANO) including Transparent Data Encryption, Net*8 encryption.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on the design and development of a data analytics interface that consisted of a framework for managing the building, testing and scoring of classification type models using the Oracle 10g data mining PL/SQL API.
- Included duties were: Oracle 11g software installation, Data Model design and development,
- Oracle 11g instance creation, tuning and maintenance, data extraction and load, SVM classification Model building, testing and data scoring using PL/SQL programming.
- Worked on database configuration, installation, administration and reporting support, in the implementation of similar scoring and classification systems, at a government client site.
- Worked on designing and testing an optimized re-configuration of database servers for legacy applications. The goal was to consolidate the data from the legacy applications in order to fully utilize the servers’ capabilities, while at the same time ensuring compliance with the Company’s Oracle license terms.
- Lead the upgrade effort for Unanet, the company’s time and project tracking application. This task involved a database upgrade from Oracle 9 to 10g, a web server upgrade to Tomcat 5 and an application software upgrade from version 7.1 to 7.3.
- Provided database support to Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) 11i instances. Helped with the EBS 11i clone process to refresh development instances from Production.
- Monitored Oracle Data Guard standby databases used for backups and RMAN clone procedures. Set up RMAN catalog, global scripts portable to dozens of Oracle databases. Served as the first level of support and go-to person for all performance issues experienced by application users and developers.
- Designed a very efficient performance tuning action plan encompassing memory sizing, cursor tuning, I/O tuning that enabled the DBA team to resolve quickly any response time complains. Addressed numerous slow SQL queries and suggested hints that improved the execution plan and performance of reports and queries dramatically.
- Built an Oracle Streams replication process from a source database to a remote database for demonstration purposes.
Sr. Oracle DBA/Developer
- Installed and configured Oracle9i enterprise and development environments. Created and configured instances, designed logical and physical databases, and wrote PL/SQL procedures to support several Java-based OE screens.
- Was responsible for all aspects of database in an environment of 8 production and 12 development databases running on 9 Sun servers, 4 HP 9000 and 5 Windows 2000 servers.
- Primary responsibilities also included: Installation, creation & configuration of Oracle8i, 9i & 10g development & production databases on Sun Sparc server series running Solaris 10. Conversion of databases from filesystems to ASM Disk Groups using RMAN datafilecopy backup and switch utilities.
- Setup, configuration & maintenance of Multi-master replication, using advanced replication option, between PeopleSoft ERP production databases (HR, FS and TE) and other Decision Support Oracle production databases. Data Architected (Erwin) Data Warehouse atomic store and built required Oracle instances with datamart and star schemas. Wrote PL/SQL code to extract data from source systems to warehouse. Repeated process for 7 additional ETL/Data Mart sub-systems over the next 14 months.
- Trained Oracle dba staff on the operation, loading and maintenance of multiple terabyte warehouse databases. Worked with analysts to translate business requirements into configurable component designs and solutions, and the development/maintenance of E-Business Suite (EBS) and Informatica ETL processes as well as MicroStrategy reports, report services documents, dashboards, scorecards, html documents, free form SQL reports and Oracle Forms reports.
- Planning, installation, configuration and maintenance of a fail-safe and high-availability Oracle environment that included Oracle 10g Real Application Cluster on RedHat Linux 4.0.
- Responsible for database after hour maintenance and patch applications. 24x7 on call production support. Installation, configuration, creation of SQL server 7.0, 2000 (on windows 2000) databases on Microsoft clustered servers, execution of harmonization and migration/synchronization plans both within the systems and with external systems as required.
Member of the technical support team
- Responsibilities included: Database Analysis, Logical/Physical design and Development based on functional requirements.
- Capacity and Storage planning for DB objects based on projected application requirements and space limitations.
- Generation of scripts for Database creation and schema migrations for new releases. Testing and deploying release modifications on development and testing servers. Installation and configuration of Production databases (RAID).
- Performance Tuning involving Disk, Memory and SQL tuning considering performance and physical resources.
- Tuning techniques include querying Dynamic Performance Tables, Multiple Background processes, changing initialization parameters, implementing partitioning and function based indexes, parallel queries and Data striping etc. Used tools such as Explain Plan, TKPROF, StatsPack. Implementation resulted in dramatic improvement in accuracy, reliability and operating efficiency.
- Creating stored procedures, functions and triggers for application support using PL/SQL. Development of interface programs using PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Loader, Export/Import Utilities and Visual Basic for data load, data purge, data conversion and production data replication and routine administration tasks.
- Designed and developed Backup (Hot & Cold Backup) & Recovery procedures for Production databases.
- Set up Operating System level tasks for backup, recovery and housekeeping. Daily Maintenance involving performance monitoring, backup monitoring, upgrading to new releases and patches, manage space, instance/SQL tuning, process scheduler maintenance, perform adhoc SQL for users and review production process logs.
- Provided database support, guidance and training for developers. Worked closely with programmers, administrators and support staff for wide range of Oracle programming initiatives, including data migrations, database modeling and backend application design, coding, debugging, testing and training support.
- Implemented security systems through roles and appropriate privilege grants and system resource management by configuring profiles and composite limits.
- Provided on call Technical Support by resolving high priority production issues for 9 clients.
- Upgraded a distributor data extraction and transformation application process to run on an optimized Oracle database environment. The migration was from Oracle 188.8.131.52 on an HP9000 platform to Oracle 184.108.40.206 on Sun Solaris. The data extraction process included redefining the required data sources necessary to support the Data Warehouse downstream data requirements and rebuilding the transformation application.
- Tasks performed included the following: Designing of the overall System Architecture, designing and configuring of the development environment, Performance & Stress Testing Environment, report distribution.
- Developing database and application access security strategy, recommendations and Auditing. Designing and supporting of System Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Management and administration of development, testing and Production Databases. Providing expert technical, troubleshoot and tune applications.
- Recommending and implementing database backup and recovery strategy, implementing table partitioning strategy.
- Led the development of a cluster of DSS Interface applications. The various applications and cross project interfaces were designed to a) build an Enterprise-wide data repository, a consolidated singular repository for corporate reporting to be used by stakeholders and internal business units; b) collect network-wide statistics used for capacity planning, trend analysis, trouble-shooting and c) generate reports for internal and external customers.
- For this project, created and configured an 8.1.6 Oracle database running on a Sun E4500 SunOS 5.7 platform. Daily duties included implementing the backup and recovery strategy, tuning and monitoring of the development instances, database objects management.
- Additional responsibilities included database security management, designing the tables and indexes partitioning scheme, UNIX shell scripting and application related system management.
- Daily responsibilities also included database design and modeling, performance tuning, database objects (table spaces, tables, indexes, users procedures, functions, triggers etc.) management and PL/SQL and Pro*C programming in Oracle 8.
- Tuning methodology involved a thorough analysis of the system including memory components, disk I/O, CPU utilization, and network traffic. Tuning tools included TKPROF, SQL TRACE, EXPLAIN PLAN and running utility scripts (UTLBSTAT.sql /UTLESTAT.sql).
- Additional responsibilities included database security management, designing partitioning schemes, database backup and restore, UNIX shell script (C shell and Bourne shell) programming in Sun Solaris 2.6 and Windows NT database management.
DBA team in the production and development support
- Monitored, tracked and maintained the application data model using Erwin 3.5.2 and Designer 2000.
- Supported the database configuration management process by providing database development support to project members, by creating, configuring and testing database environments (i.e. NT 4.0 and Win 2000 using Oracle 8.1.5 and Oracle 8.1.6).
- Other activities included software installation, hardware configuration, product evaluation and recommendation and tuning of the SQL by defining SQL standards, enforcing the use of bind variables to reduce parsing and execution in the library cache, reducing full table scans by using appropriate hints.