- 9 years of experience in requirement gathering, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance. Progressive experience in all phases of the iterative Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in PowerBuilder 8.0, PowerBuilder 11.0 and PowerBuilder 12.5
- Experience in Sybase 12.5 such as writing business logic in stored procedure, creating trigger, views, temporary tables, joins etc.
- Experience in UNIX Shell Script and working knowledge of automation of the scripts.
- Extensive Hands on experience in creating Oracle PL/SQL blocks such as Packages, Triggers, Procedures, Functions, RefCursors, Collections. Proficient in writing Complex SQL queries.
- Extensive experience with analysis, design, development, customizations and implementation in ERP applications.
- Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements and architecture.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, self - motivated, quick learner, team player.
- Experience in designing and coding the application components in an Agile environment utilizing a test driven development approach. I have been part of team where we provided programming estimates, identified potential problems and recommended alternative solutions.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting ability and code testing skills.
- Worked on On-Line Analytical Processing(OLAP), On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), System Study & Analysis.
Operating Systems: MS Windows 2000, MS Windows XP professional, HP UNIX
Version & Source Control: Star Team
RDBMS: Sybase - 11.5, 12.5, Oracle 10g/11g
Languages: PowerBuilder 6.5 to 12.5, VB 6.0, Shell Scripting, Oracle PL/SQL, PFC
Other: MS-Office, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
Sr Powerbuilder developerResponsibilities:
- Polished leadership skills, with ability to motivate teams to achieve professional and personal goals.
- Developed related PowerBuilder objects like (windows, datawindows, UserObjects) and Database Objects like (Stored Procedures, packages, functions, types, Tables, views etc ) using Oracle PLSQL.
- Designed, architected, and implemented the system enhancements which utilized PowerBuilder for dynamic front end user interface. Design includes services that encapsulate all database interaction from the front end screens.
- Researched and analyzed complex product design activities. Performed, designed, implemented and maintained complex, multiple product modules and sub-systems. Participated in design meetings.
- Conducted unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Played key role in product go-live implementation while working on site.
- Appreciation mails from clients for meeting deadlines of the project with good quality
- Created design documents and performed design and code walkthrough reviews with end users
- Used Star Team to Check-In, Check-Out and to maintain source version control.
- Assisted the team in following the efficient coding methodologies.
- Provided assistance to QA team while testing the builds.
- Developed Front end windows using PowerBuilder v10.5 and PFC services and Sybase as backend.
- Developed data flow diagrams for modules and derived use-cases from requirement analysis.
Environment: Power Builder 11.5,12.5 Sybase ASE 12.5
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Sr. PowerBuilder/Oracle/ Sybase ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Communicating with the CRM to refine the requirements and prioritizing the requests.
- Delegating the change requirements to the offshore team and coordinating the implementation.
- Develop and implement new or enhanced utility components for the data warehouse
- Design and develop new or enhanced ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) process between different applications between Warner Brothers and CBS.
- Actively involved with team members to design and developed extract, transformation and data load designs based on well managed and integrated company's data warehouse infrastructure.
- Handling the emergency bug resolution with the onsite team members.
- Strong SQL query, SQL DML and relational database design skills.
- Perform and coordinate data warehouse administration for development and maintenance activities, including performance testing, tuning, and troubleshooting of data warehouse processes.
- Implementing change management procedures & practices in the project and support related activities.
- Coordinating with different teams to setup and testing the interfaces with all integrated applications.
Environment: Oracle 10g, Sybase 15, PowerBuilder 11.5, SAP Business Objects Data Services, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, DB Artisan, Windows XP.
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
Sr. PowerBuilder/Sybase, Oracle ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Providing support for production and test environments to ensure that its fully functional.
- Involving with the users for new enhancements and provide Functional specifications, Technical specifications.
- Coordinates with offshore team to provide business requirements and review all changes.
- Interacting with the members of the system infrastructure, quality team, middle tier team and database team.
- Working on different projects simultaneously and provides solutions within time limit.
- Maintains documents in the form of the Production Support resolutions for future references,
- Maintain a strong understanding of the business cycles, transaction timing, and service level requirements of the enterprise.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Decisive in difficult situations and under pressure.
Environment: PowerBuilder 9.0, Oracle, Sybase, Borland Stat Team, Toad 9.0, Windows XP.
- Application development using Power Builder 10.5 and 12.5
- Analyze requirements, design, develop, debug, deploy and document software components.
- Performed Database functionalities (Sybase): Writing SQL Queries, Store Procedures, Triggers, and Functions, Views etc.
- Develop code based on functional specifications to support new modules, enhancements in existing modules as per user requirements
- Work closely with other software engineers, QA and Support groups
- Prepared Initial Approach document to be discussed in Architectural Review Meeting.
- Preparation of the High Level Design Document which included designing of Proposed Process Flow.
- Coordinating between development and testing team to deliver a quality product.
- Developed front end GUI screens using Power Builder for populating trade details.
- Writing/modifying shell scripts for monitoring replication environment and automating them.
- Identified and optimized SQL statements in stored procedures/reports, which were pain points. There was significant improvement in the critical path stored procedures.
Environment: Power Builder 10.5, Sybase ASE 12.5