- A Qualified IT Professional with 8 years of experience including 5 years of experience as a Service - Now developer and administrator.
- Working experience of various phases of SDLC such as Requirement Analysis, Design, Code Construction and Test.
- Good knowledge in Java Scripting and web technologies (JAVA Script, XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP)
- Strong Experience with IT Service Management processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Release, SLM, Service Catalog, Configuration Management Database, Asset Management)
- Functioning as a ServiceNow SME and Technology for the past 2+ years handling Technical Design Analysis, Impact Analysis, Maintenance and Support Activities, and Migrations.
- Implemented web services which are used in setting up a robust process for integrating Service-Now with a Procurement Tool. Also has an in-depth knowledge about Direct Web service API of Service now, SOAP and WSDL. Extensively worked with REST GET and POST using basic HTTP Authentication.
- Handled customer demos and RFC’s for new ServiceNow clients, and accounts
- Provide on-going technical assistance and software configuration/ customization to include screen tailoring,
- workflow administration, report set-up, dashboards, data imports, LDAP integration, custom scripting and third party integrations.
- Piloted ServiceNow initiatives in conceptualizing and implementing robust and effective solution designs for the organization’s ServiceNow COE (Center of Excellence).
- Experienced in all phases of SDLC including Analysis, Design, Coding and Testing
- Working experience with relational databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative and Spiral methodologies.
- Strong experience on testing methodologies and experience on preparation of test plans, and support for Integration Testing&UAT.
- Experience in implementing, monitoring, analyzing, and supporting service management processes and tools with good experience in the IBM Netcool and HP suite of products with specialization in event co-relation and notification software.
- Prepared and maintained process and system based documentation.
- Executed Sprint projects and formulated technical and functional design requirements.
ITIL: ITSM, ITIL, Service Now, CMS,SCR, SAM, LDAP.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, ASP.Net(C#), JEE, SQL, PL/SQL, ADO.Net
Java: JDK 1.6, Collections, Multithreading, Networking, Generics, Exception Handling, Files and Streams, JDBC
J2EE: Servlets, JSP, JSTL, Struts, Spring AOP, JNDI, JMS, JTI, Ajax, EJB, Spring IOC, Hibernate, Java Beans
Software Methodologies: SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, XP, Scrum
Databases: Oracle 10g, MySQL
Database Tools: SQL Client, TOAD, SQL Developer
Web/Application Servers: IBM Web Sphere 6.x, Web Logic 10, Apache Tomcat
IDE: Eclipse, Net Beans, TOAD
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN
Tools and Packages: Rational Rose, Ant, Maven, Log4j, TOAD, MS Office, Dreamweaver
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Sr. ServiceNow Developer
- Development of Service catalog which includes creating new catalog items, designing workflows and execution plans.
- Created functional and technical specifications documents for various ServiceNow modules
- Implementation, Customization and Maintenance of ITIL modules such as Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Service Catalog, CMDB in Service Now
- Coordinating the instance upgrade activities.
- Involved in cloning activities like raising the request for cloning and excluding some tables to not come under cloning.
- Worked on change management module by enhancing the tool to the stakeholders and made it easy to understand.
- worked on CMDB from the scratch
- Worked on domain separation.
- Worked on DISCOVERY and set up mid servers and check for the connectivity, Became an expert in troubleshooting Discovery tool.
- Worked on UI Macros to create pages as templates on requirement from the stake holders
- Configured multiple forms for Asset module using Configuration Management Database.
- Resolving typical Users access and roles issues by checking active directory and users table.
- Creating database views to pull the reports on variables which are being used by catalog items.
- Writing Catalog client scripts and UI policies to make client side changes.
- Creating the UI pages to use them in catalog items, Implemented using UI scripts.
- Creating Knowledge articles to document the steps in creating the catalog items.
- Working on different kinds of variables and variable sets.
- Working on order guides, to arrange them in sequential order to make the user comfortable while raising a request.
- Re-designed workflows using workflow editor, Reconciled complicated workflows to simpler form.
- Writing script includes invoking them in reference qualifiers or variable scripting.
- Integrating Service catalog module with “Netcool” monitoring tool using Web Services and fixing the issues which come up while the tolls are getting interacted.
Environment: Service-Now, Crystal reports 2008/9.x, Netcool, CSS, HTML, Web Services, CMDB, BIRT 2.5.1, SRM 7.6, MS SQL server 2008
- Assisting client implementing the MSP (Managed Service Provider) instance for Service-Now and Domain separation for Service-Now Instances.
- Working with client and functional requirements within ServiceNow.
- Facilitating rollout of new applications and modules.
- Design and implement new functionality using Business Rules, UI Policies, and Access Lists etc.
- Service Catalog and Request Workflow Design and Configuration
- Created various workflows for Incident Management, Change Management, Service Requests and SLA's.
- The service we also provide to clients is a semi managed service for administering their Service desks that has been implemented. This includes various administration tasks within Service desk software.
- Created Buttons and context menus both on form and lists using UI actions
- Designed many email templates by using html and jelly scripting and used them in notifications
- Worked with windows team, network team and Asset team in order to check for the data collected through discovery is accurate.
- Created new Business Rules/Script Includes/Client catalog script/Client Script.
- Configured chat functionality for Service Desk ticketing queue
- Created transform maps for importing CMDB data.
- Written script includes and invoked them in business rules and client scripts
- Imported Active Directory to Service now using data sources.
- Created data sources and loaded the Service-Now tables with different data formats
- Created transform maps both automatic field mapping and scripting
- Also worked on Asset Management and loaded the data into it.
- Integrated Fire eye tool with Service-Now using Email integration i.e. inbound actions scripting.
- Worked on the integration of Service Now with Siebel, integrated Service Catalog and Incident module.
- Used JMS integration to fulfill this requirement, worked on Scheduled Jobs and Mid Server Script Includes to fulfill the requirements.
Environment: Service Now, Asset Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Fire eye, HTML, Java script, CSS, CMDB.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Using DAO patterns to interface with Database and DTOs for data transfer between the integration tier and business tier.
- Analyzed and evaluated the requirements within ITIL framework and industry best practices.
- Extensively involved in creating Remedy Forms and Workflow objects to customize BMC Remedy OOB applications and custom functionality.
- Interacted with BMC and internal teams to help solve critical issues..
- Configuration Remedy ITSM, Asset Management, RKM and SLA Management.
- Working with Discovery tools to discover and Import Configuration items into Remedy CMDB.
- Configuration of CMDB, Normalization engineer and creation of Re con jobs.
- Asset management activities like CI management, catalog management, creation and maintenance of Contracts and Software Licenses.
- Raising Purchase requisitions and working with procurement teams.
- Maintaining Asset Life Cycle.
- Creating Asset to People, Contracts and Location relationships.
- Manual creation of CI’s which are non discoverable.
- Involved in the various customizations of Asset Management module for the hardware Request Process, Asset Decommission process
Environment: Remedy ARS 7x/6.x/5.x, Remedy Migrator, Remedy Import 6.x, Remedy Helpdesk Application 5.x, Remedy ITSM 6.0/7.0, CMDB, C, ARS Perl and Unix Scripting, Windows 2000/XP, Oracle 9i, .NET, Crystal Reports 9.x, XML,SOAP.
- Leading a team of 5 software developers cum administrators of BMC Remedy applications.
- Implementation & Configuration of BMC Remedy ARS 7.5 and ITSM 7.6 suite and maintenance.
- Performing software development and configuration of Remedy service management tools
- Requirement Analysis, Preparing effort estimation, Designing, Development, Testing and Code review
- Perform functional and regression testing
- Development and maintenance of integrations built using Perl scripts, Emails, Web services and vendor forms.
- Code Migration from development systems to TEST and Production systems
- Coordinating with various teams during Development and Testing Phase
- Prepare deployment documents, In life support procedural documents
- System Administration of Remedy Action Request System
- Perform gap analysis and prepare requirements document to remediate identified gaps.
- Incorporate ITIL best practices into Applications
- Understand new patch release, recommendations to client as and when required
- Troubleshooting Configuration management database and Reconciliation issues
- Developing interfaces between applications
- Providing offshore L3 support to the client
- Proposing and implementing Value additions to client
Environment: ITSM 7.6.04 Suite, ARS 7.6.04, CMDB 7.6.04, AIE 7.6.04, RKM 7.6.04 SRM 7.6.04