- 10 years of experience in financial services industry, strong understanding of financial products, budgeting and forecasting, as well as supporting technology department as a Subject Matter Expert for business sign off and delivering proven stellar results.
- Exceptional abilities in independent operations and team dynamics, as well as, strong collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent multi - tasking proficiency and adept at finding innovative solutions for complex problems.
- IBM Cognos
- Adobe Site Catalyst
- MS Word
Confidential, New York, NY
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE CONSULTANT
- Manage Private Equity and Insurance client reporting projects by analyzing and compiling client's complex business requirements for the Report Development Center to be translated into a completed financial report for client delivery
- Model financial metrics utilizing fund operation/cash flow data required by developers to produce comprehensive reports
- Design and implement custom data cubes for creating highly visualized KPI dashboards to showcase the trends and trajectories of clients' investment returns
- Advise clients and business consultants on best reporting practices both functionally and technically on how it relates to the workflow system resulting in a more efficient process and producing quality solutions for clients
BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST LEAD
- Managed service center based in the Philippines for Excess Casualty by measuring day-to-day operational performance of 14 employees focusing on service level agreements (SLA) and ensuring that over 80,000 submissions were delivered to the underwriters with a same day turnaround of 90%
- Supported VP of FP&A with monthly/quarterly forecast reports and standardized month-end closing activities including production and variance snapshot reports which provided a centralized collection of financial information necessary for day-to-day business by senior management within FP&A, operations and profit centers
- Collaborated with Underwriting and Technology teams to determine the root cause of discrepancies in monthly premiums, acquisition ratio and retention in between underwriting, accounting and reporting systems. Implemented system enhancements to standardize the storing of data as a long term solution and modified the reports to reflect the correction as a short term solution
- Developed a premium projection model focusing on prior year retention, premium rate, and other elements to budget $1B for 7 profit centers in U.S. Specialty Casualty
- Managed $700M renewal business by extracting pertinent data and uploading it to its respective underwriters in various regions. Oversaw the implementation of the automatic renewal process by moving it to IBM Cognos platform to streamline data collection ensuring that the underwriters receive necessary data at least 120 days in advance to prevent policy lapse
REPORTING ANALYST LEAD
- Served as lead business subject matter expert (SME) and collaborated with Lexington Casualty to develop top 7 key performance indicators (KPI), such as, monthly turnaround, productivity, and black box utilization reports, required by senior managers to locate operational efficiencies/deficiencies
- Modeled throughput and cycle time reports for Operations to measure effectiveness of workflow and identify bottlenecks within the system and increased 20% same-day turnaround
- Administered IBM Cognos to centralize workflow data from 6 underwriting systems. Developed dashboards which allowed users to gain access to metrics and data more efficiently
- Ensured that managing project objectives and goals were accurately met by approving business requirement documentations; performed user-acceptance testing on proprietary Confidential, which was crucial in ensuring that the day-to-day business operation functioned flawlessly