- Business Intelligence Developer with more than 3 years of experience in SSRS, Tableau, Excel and Power BI.
- Created Interactive Dashboards using various components and Dynamic Visibility functionality for top - level management using SSRS, Tableau, Excel and Power BI.
- Experience in Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, Subreports and Graphical presentations such as Charts and Dashboard type metrics using SSRS.
- Experienced in programming Tasks-Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers using SQL Server with T-SQL.
- Experience in creating hierarchies, partitions, aggregations and perspectives as and when required based on the complexity of the cube in SSAS.
- Ability to create SSIS Packages using various Transformation like Lookup, Derived Columns, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Aggregate, Merge, Merge Join, Sort, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc. to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheet, Flat file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Good knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, prompts, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau.
- Experience in documenting functional, technical specifications and test cases.
- Solid communication skills interpersonal, written and oral, ability to multitask and to deliver quality project within deadline.
- Demonstrated keen sense of detail and accuracy, and demonstrated excellent ability of adapting new technologies and tools.
Visualization Tools: Microsoft SQL Server SSIS, SSAS, SSRS 2008/2012, Tableau Desktop 8/9, Tableau Server 8/9, Excel 2013, Power BI.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, MS Access 97/2000.
Languages: SQL 2008, SQL 2012, Visual Basic 2012 and C#
Data modeling Tool: Star Schema, Snowflakes Modeling, Fact and Dimension Tables
Operating System: Windows 95/98/2000/2003/ NT/XP, Vista, Windows 7
Software: MS Office 2008/2012, Visual Studio 2008/2012
Confidential, Frankfort KY
Business Intelligence Developer
- Interacted with Business Users to gather and document the requirements and translate these to Technical specifications.
- Developed and Optimized Stored Procedures, Views, and User-Defined Functions for the Reports.
- Performed Debugging on the Stored procedures for the requirement to handle the errors
- Involved in Report Design and Coding for Standard Tabular type reports, Subreports using SSRS.
- Used cascaded parameters to generate a report from two different Data Sets.
- Created Cross-Tab and Sub-Report using RDL and promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically.
- Used Stored Procedures to create various Sub reports and then linked to the Parent Report.
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using SSRS and sent the reports via email for internal users.
- Exported reports to various formats like MS Excel, PDF, MS Word, Text, and CSV etc.
- Deployed reports into TFS and Uploaded all the Reports to the Report server as well.
- Involved in creating Tableau dashboards by extracting data from different sources
- Created dashboard using parameters, sets, groups and calculations.
- Involved in creating interactive dashboard and applied actions (filter, highlight and URL) to dashboard.
- Involved in creating calculated fields, mapping and hierarchies.
- Created drill through reports in dashboard.
- Involved in creating data blending in case of merging different sources.
- Involved in creating a dual-axis bar chart with multiple measures.
- Involved in extraction, transformation and loading of data directly from different source systems like flat files, Excel and SQL Server.
- Worked on generating various dashboards in Tableau Server using data sources such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Analysis Services.
Business Intelligence Developer
- Interfaced with business analyst to ensure that implemented solutions satisfy business requirements and are delivered in a timely manner.
- Designed, reviewed, and created primary objects like Views, Indexes, Triggers based on business requirements and physical constraints.
- Used Microsoft Power BI Power Query to extract data from external sources and modify data to certain format as required in Excel, and created SSIS packages to load excel sheets from PC to database.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transformation and Load ETL user data and other data from OLTP to OLAP.
- Used SSIS for each loop to implement data updates from various sources to data warehouse.
- Created and Managed OLAP Cubes using SSAS and created different KPIs to perform analysis based on business requirements.
- Worked with SSAS cubes using multiple dimensions, perspectives, hierarchies, measures groups to analyze marketing efforts and prospective customers.
- Created Tabular Models judging by the data volume and corresponded with Microsoft BI tools.
- Processed and maintained the cubes on a schedule directly in SQL Agent through SSIS Analysis Services Process Task.
- Developed reports such as tables, matrix, Gauges, Charts, parameter reports, cascading parameter reports using SSRS and exported to EXCEL, CSV and PDF formats.
- Deployed SSRS reports into a reporting server and implemented security measures at report server by implementing authentication and authorization methods.
- Used Power BI Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports.
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis of Client requirements.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/ SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop 8.0.
- Worked closely with business power users to create reports/dashboards using tableau desktop.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have most users vs. least users.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Created Prompts, customized Calculations, Conditions and Filter (Local, Global) for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Created and modified Interactive Dashboards and guided navigation links within Interactive Dashboards.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Involved in testing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards and handled the performance issues effectively.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.