- 4+ years of Tableau Development Experience
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie - charts, geographic visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Expertise in designing and creating various analytical reports and Dashboards to help users to identify critical KPIs and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Experienced in developing rich Interactive report, dashboards and other user interface elements integrating various reporting components from multiple sources.
- Posses’ strong knowledge of database management in writing complex SQL queries, Stored procedures, database tuning, query optimization and resolving key performance issues
- Extracting data from different sources connecting them and used the same to create dashboards
- Created visually compelling and actionable interactive reports and dashboards
- Strong Experience in Oracle database technologies SQL and PL/SQL
- Proficient with Oracle, SQL Server and other major RDBMS
- Possess SQL and programming knowledge to deal with data transformations and translations.
- Experience in BO reporting by executing canned reports, and adhoc reporting as per the reporting requirements drafted by Business team
- Sound knowledge in creating and executing SQL and PL/SQL scripts
- Managed, updated and manipulated report orientation and structures with the use of advanced Excel functions Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- Strong analytical, time management and problem-solving skills
- Interacted with IT and Business Team at various levels and coordinated meetings during the different cycles of the project
- Excellent academic background and good communication skills and capable of adapting to working on new systems, technologies and new environment easily
- Used procedures, cursors, functions in PB scripts.
- Data analysis using WEKA with regression, logistics, Principle components.
- Oracle 10g/11g hands on experience in-depth knowledge of database concepts and Oracle internal strong skills writing Stored procedure/package, function, triggers strong skills tuning sql queries and procedure strong debugging skills using Toad - good problem solving skills
- Unix shell scripts - working knowledge job automation tool e.g Autosys
Databases: Oracle 9i,10g,MySql,SQL Server, Access
Environment: Unix, Linux, Windows 2003/2000/XP/98, MS DOS
Reporting: Tableau Report 4/5/6/7/8.2, Crystal reports 8/9
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Programming,, C, C++, Java, VB6
Methodologies: Complete Software Development Lifecycle, Waterfall, Agile, Iterative
Analysis Tools: WEKA
Document management: Visual Source Safe 6.0
Other: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio
Confidential,St Paul MN
Lead Tableau DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Worked with Business Analyst and the Business users to understand the user requirements, layout, and look and feel of the application to be developed.
- Data blending implemented on SALES databases and generated interactive dashboards.
- Created adhoc reports to users in Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Handled Tableau admin activities granting access, managing extracts and Installations.
- Generated Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it.
- Analyzed the source data and handled efficiently by modifying the data types.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generate Tableau adhoc reports.
- Generated context filters and used performance actions while handling huge volume of data. Generated tableau dashboards for sales with forecast and reference lines.
- Used multi-level hierarchy in Tableau Dashboard.
- Generated dashboards to compare the expected weekly sales vs projected sales used dual axis for comparison.
- Generated Dashboards by joining multiple complex tables.
- Created complex calculation fields using Table Calculation, Date, Aggregate functions in Tableau.
- Generated dashboard for Finance team, provided security by using user filters
- Generated Tableau reports with Trend lines.
- Created actual sales and target sales view with Trend lines, table calculations to see the difference between each quarter.
- Used Incremental Extract to improve the performance.
- Created complex calculation fields using Table Calculation, Date, Aggregate functions in Tableau.
- Extensive use of DDL and DML to change data in Access tables such as Insert, Update, Delete records.
- Effective use of SQL Join to fetch the data for Tableau Dashboard appropriately.
- Extensive use of complex SQL Query to generate complex e-commerce dashboard ex. Monthly, Quarterly, yearly reports for sales according to regions.
- Created global filter for the dashboard that uses different data source.
- Interact with the user to make understand Tableau solution and help business users to understand in advance of the tool.
- Set the manager and sales person level security on Dashboard using User Function.
- Effectively use of Marks, Filters and Pages to create a complex Dashboards.
- Created complex graphs with multi Measures.
- Created custom color pallet, custom shapes to use in dashboard for better visualization
- Efficiently used parameters on reports and facilitate user with dynamic reports.
- Created on demand reports using actions to make the worksheet invisible while there is no selection and navigate between worksheet and dashboards
- Effectively created different kinds of actions for navigation and drill down.
- Job scheduled on Tableau server to generate .PDF and .PNG file using TAB commands.
- Administrate for all Tableau administration activities, creating New User, granting permission for a particular Dashboard, Monitoring User and server Activity and job Scheduling.
Environment: Tableau 7, tableau 8, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
- Worked with Business Analyst and Analyzed specifications and identified source data needs to be moved to data warehouse, Participated in the Design Team and user requirement gathering meetings.
- Build and publish Tableau reports utilizing complex calculated fields, table calculations, filters, parameters.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau adhoc reports.
- Involved in creating and visualizing dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Generated Tableau combination charts using Tableau visualization software.
- Involved in discussing Requirement Clarifications with multiple technical and Business teams.
- Created Technical Design Document from the functional specification documents.
- In-depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and Parameterized using Tableau.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once
- Identify new metrics and enhance the existing KPI's.
- Designed and developed a business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop, allowing executive management to view past, current and forecast sales data
- Dashboard Visualization through Tableau BI application.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending, filters, actions, Hierarchies feature in tableau.
- Created various actions in database like filter actions to send information to other tableau worksheets and to connect the same in analytical flows
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Working extensively with Tableau Business Intelligence tool to develop various dashboards.
- Analyzing the data using Statistical features in Tableau to develop trend analysis.
- Actively involved in testing new/upgraded features like new Visualizations, Forecasting, Data Blending, Parallelized Dashboard, Hyperlink Objects, Color-coded tabs etc. in Tableau 8 desktop/Server
Environment: Tableau Desktop 8, Excel 2013, Outlook 2013, VMS Systems, Microsoft Office Suite ( Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
Lead PL/SQL, Tableau DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Gathered and documented business requirements for existing and future business systems.
- Worked with the business unit to define business requirements and analyze the possible technical solutions.
- Review and modify software programs to ensure technical accuracy & reliability of programs.
- Implement solutions utilizing various database skills
- Involved in Logical & Physical Database Layout Design.
- Created complex SQL statement to generate complex report like Regional Sales Manager, Provider’s Sales.
- Created Hierarchy in Tableau Dashboard.
- Created complex calculated fields in tableau report for Date filter and for Top N filter.
- Created Hyperlink, navigation from one worksheet to another worksheet using Action in Tableau Dashboard.
- Created Auto generated task on tableau server to send .pdf and .png files in e-mail.
- Responsible for all Tableau administration activity like Adding new User, granting permission to new user for particular dashboard, Scheduling Extract, Monitoring User and server Activity, managing product key.
- Upgraded tableau Server from version 5 to 6 and from 6 to 7.
- Involved in Troubleshooting Performance issues and bugs within packages and stored procedures using dbms output and Explain Plan. Created Indexes on table to tune SQL. As well as some time rebuilt indexes.
- Worked with database objects such as tables, views, synonyms, sequences and database links as well as custom packages tailored to business requirements.
- Built Procedure and Packages to load data in Bulk using Bulk Collection.
- Performed Database Administration of all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures Troubleshoots with related to database problems.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the packages, stored procedures, functions and cursors . Used Ref cursors and Collections for accessing complex data resulted from joining of large number of tables in pl/sql blocks and exception handling
- Used Bulk Collections, Indexes, and Materialized Views to improve the query executions.
Environment: Oracle 11g (SQL*PLUS), External Table, Visual Basic 6.0, MS Office, Windows XP, Tableau 5, Tableau 6, Tableau 7
Lead PL/SQL DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Worked on various back-end Procedures and Functions using PL/SQL.
- Coordinate with the front end design team to provide them with the necessary stored package and procedures and necessary insight into the data.
- Created Tables, Constraints, Views, and Indexes etc. in coordination with the application development team
- Used Bulk collect, Bulk Binding and ref cursor to insert the data in Bulk and to reduce the execution time.
- Developed and modified a number of SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, functions, packages and reports.
- Responsible for following up bugs reported by various users and suggesting possible patches to be applied.
- For tuning purpose created Indexes, used Optimizer Hint, used Optimizer Hint in SQL*LOADER, partition of big tables, Rebuilt the Indexes.
- Created SQL Queries to validate the data Warehousing Reports.
- Wrote procedures to import raw data into oracle database instead of using SQL*Loader.
- Wrote procedures to extract data into excel/csv/dat/txt format for interfacing.
- Wrote procedures to identify possible duplicate to staging table Created PL/SQL Package to insert the Data in Bulk.
- Created Views, Sequence, Stored Procedure, Functions and Trigger, Tables as per Requirement.
- Created small procedures to count number of row of all tables in database Schema, to auto run the Sequence, to update one column’s particular data all over database Schema’s tables.
- Developed Procedures for efficient Error Handling process by capturing errors into user managed tables
- Used tableau to create bar graph, pie chart, line graph, Geographic Distribution as per Requirement.
- Created Drill down in tableau dashboards.
- Changed data type of dimensions in tableau report.
- Developed dashboards, reports as per the requirements with appropriate guided navigation.
- Formatted Font, Alignment, Shading, Border, cell size as per requirement in tableau.
Environment: Oracle 10.2.0.1/Oracle 11g, Quest Toad Ver. 188.8.131.52, EXTERNAL TABLE (ETL)/SQL*LOADER, Windows 2003/XP., Tableau 4
Confidential, Cmb, SL
Lead PL/SQL DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Created and published reports on Business Objects, maintained scheduled runs and distribution to multiple users with Crystal Reports,
- Wrote program to exported as text files or PDF to outside Business Users.
- Utilized SQL Queries, stored procedures, packages, used defined functions, views, cursors using Toad or SQL Developer to present data on the reports such as sales information, deposit and payout and their incentive compensation information.
- Created mid to complex Crystal Reports (Oracle data sources) with one or more of the following features to support statistical and operational business needs, Grouping, Sorting, Drill-down Dynamic Parameter prompts, Sub reports or Crosstab summaries
- Developed Drill down Reports, Linked Reports, sub reports and Parameterized Reports
- Created formulas and/or used statistical or financial functions for reports as needed.
- Used SQL stored procedures, created alias data tables as required to improve report performance.
- Created Stored Procedures and Views as data sources using Oracle databases for reports.
- Wrote different queries and stored procedures to make our daily data verification and conversion processes faster, more accurate and automated.
- Used Optimizer HINT for tuning SQL and PL/SQL queries rewrite most of them for efficiency
- Worked with DBMS PROFILER to tune PL/SQL Procedures.
- Involved in preparing and executing SQL code deployments (DDL/DML) with application rollout teams into QA/Production environments.
- Created Tables, Views, Constraints, Indexes and developed Complex database objects including Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL with exception handling
- Used SQL extensively by using Joins, Sub Queries, Set Operations, and Advanced OLAP Functions.
- Implementing performance tuning methods to resolve issues and bottlenecks. Identifying long running queries and performing performance tuning.
- Created trigger to collect the trace files to get login information.
- Created Materialized Views and partitioning tables for performance reasons.
- Used cursor, ref cursor, bulk collect and bulk insert (BULK BINDING) in procedure to reduce its execution time.