Accounting professional experienced in medium - sized private corporations to large-revenue corporate accounting. Seeking new position to use proven skills in financial and project-based accounting, finance, and business.
- Microsoft Access
- Lotus Notes
- Process incoming customer payments
- Maintain accounting filing and archive system
- Generate invoice and perform collection activities
- Process supplier invoices and payments as directed
- Process employee expense reports
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Prepare account analysis and documents to support in the external and internal audit activities
- Maintain vendor and client master records
- Create ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Maintain appropriate documents to comply with all applicable tax laws
- Prepare regular financial and managerial reporting, including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
- Forecasting, Profitability Analysis
- Prepare and submit company tax payments
- Register customer invoices with government authorities
- Work closely with the Accounting department at E80 USA branch and E80 headquarter in Italy
- Other special projects as needed
- Calculate and process daily and monthly journal entries and accruals.
- Balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Adhoc and routine financial statement analysis including balance sheet metrics reporting.
- Performance of the monthly close activities.
- Perform doubtful accounts reserve analysis.
- Interact with counterparts in other legal entities.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
- Authorize machine releases after, verifying all necessary inventory and logistical information is properly entered into the Confidential .
- Supervised daily A/P activity including payroll.
- Due diligence on service and machine invoicing following through with established accounting methods.
- Liaison for Confidential and Confidential subsidiaries, responsible for all A/R activity, including collections, verification of foreign receivables, and managing the provision for doubtful debts.
- Assisting with preparing quarterly and annual government reports.
- Managing the monitoring, preparing, and reporting, of information for unclaimed property program.
- Reconcile purchase order accruals and book adjustments to deferred revenue accounts in accordance with GAAP.
- Testing functionality of SAP as an ongoing process.
- Testing and improving controls for JSOX as directed from Confidential Japan.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Processed invoices, receipts, and adjustments from Operations.
- Reconciled 11 A/R general ledger accounts to support the offices. Efforts ensured all transactions were properly recorded.
- Reconciled five revenue accounts ranging from 15M to 65M to accurately report broker commissions to support payroll.
- Addressed bank reconciling items daily with treasury.
- Prepared inter-company related A/R transactions.
- Prepared preliminary and final allowance for Provision of Doubtful Debts.
- Assisted preparing quarterly and annual government reports.
- Assisted monitoring, preparing, and reporting information unclaimed property program.
- Performed ad-hoc projects and assignments related to external audits and SOX compliance.
- Performed data migration and tested functionality during the company’s transition.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Reconciled 14 major cash accounts for all of North America including three major lockboxes and intercompany balancing. Performed this activity during month-end close and on an on-going basis to meet closing schedule deadlines.
- Researched and reconciled all new invoices for North America to comply with internal auditing standards and month-end close deadlines.
- Performed day-to-day audits for deferred revenue by examining and matching selected invoices to their respective contracts and to back-office invoicing entered into the company’s sub-systems. Corrected errors to avoid overstatements on month-end P&L statements.
- Managed three major account receivable sub-accounts, including miscellaneous A/R, unapplied A/R and unbilled A/R. Corrected reconciling items within the month of identification to meet our stated accounting policies and department deadlines.
- Performed ad-hoc projects and prioritized deadlines to assist the company’s efforts in going public.
- Conducted user acceptance testing to validate migration of data to new GL system and invoicing systems.
- Supported and substituted Payroll department on a seasonal basis.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- Analyzed cash flows to maintain proper bank account cash balances for Sterling’s investing entities, Confidential and its clients by organizing cash calls, for management, and preparing wire transfers and purchasing or redeeming commercial paper.
- Reconciled and updated journal entries in QuickBooks and Quicken for all major 17 Sterling entities and six partners.
- Performed A/P and A/R functions including, but not limited to, maintaining distribution and collection schedules for various ongoing investments and ventures.
- Reconciled all monthly bank and brokerage accounts for Sterling entities, partners and clients. Updated financial statements in Microsoft Excel to reflect current cash flow, investment positions and subsets for all fixed assets.
- Proofread financial statements and federal and state K-1 tax returns to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Created new entities including the company’s education venture in QuickBooks.
- Compiled and prepared documentation as needed for IRS audits.