- Over 6 Plus Years of experience in the IT industry in the areas of Analysis, Coding, Designing, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance using various software skills in Mainframes technologies and regular Office management tools, in different Operating systems like MVS, Windows.
- Worked on projects which follow Agile methodology and my quick adaptation to the changing requirements were greatly appreciated.
- 6 Years of experience in Insurance Domain.
- Extensive experience in PL/1, COBOL, JCL, DB2, IMS, VSAM, and GDG.
- Well - versed in tools like IBM Rational Developer, File-DB2, Revision Management System, SPUFI and XPEDITER.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, quick learner and team player.
- Have experience in leading team of 15 analysts while in India. And experience as Onsite coordinator here in United States
- Have good and proven experience in mentoring, guiding and grooming of team. Also have good interpersonal, logical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Provided 24/7 Production Support to Mainframe System, which includes support during night batch run, providing temporary fix to JCL’s during batch abends to avoid delay
- Successfully managing client expectations and providing a quality solution on time.
Languages: PL/1, COBOL, CICS, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows 7 and up, Z/OS
Databases: DB2, IMS DB/DC, VSAM, MS ACCESS
Tools: and Others: JCL, IBM RDz, APPTUNE, SPUFI, DUG, DB2 Catalog ManagerFMBASE, FMDB2, FMIMS, BTSTSO, XPEDITER, IBM DATA STUDIO, HP Service Manager
Utilities: IEBCOPY, IEBGENER, IEFBR14, ICETOOL, SYNCSORT and IDCAMS
Confidential, Bloomington, IL & Troy, MI
Lead Mainframe Developer
Skills involved: PL1, COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, and IMS/DC
Tools: File aid, DUG, SPUFI, APPTUNE, Catalog Manager, BTSTSO, IBM RDz
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed system changes.
- Discuss and gather the requirements for the project.
- Develop programs and procedures necessary to implement/integrate the system.
- Unit and Integration test the system fully to verify its operational reliability.
- Assist implementation team in installing the new system changes.
- 24/7 On-call support for production programs and Job Control Language’s.
- Work on service tickets/incidents to resolve/advice on end users issues.
- Work with testing team in identifying unknown technical/functional issues.
- Put forward any suggestion that will help improve/optimize the existing system.
- Handle production service tickets and reply back to zone if needed.
- Use IBM provided debug tool (Rational Developer for z Systems) to analyze and fix code.
- Organize brainstorming sessions to learn/ and transfer the learned concepts
Sr. Mainframe Developer/Offshore Coordinator
Skills involved: PL1, COBOL, JCL, DB2, and IMS/DB
Tools: File aid, DUG, SPUFI, APPTUNE, Catalog Manager
- Involved in release works which follows agile methodology, in which my efforts were lauded by on-site and off-shore members for all my deliverables with utmost quality and within the stipulated timeframe.
- Involved in analysis, design, and component specification creation for the work that involved replacing the IMS database with DB2 database.
- Created test cases to test the new functionality.
- Performed regression testing on all 27 regions.
- Worked on critical problem records (high priority) to fix the production issue, which resulted in the financial gain for the client.
- Involved in working on defects opened in system testing and fixed those defects.
- Worked on release works which requires extensive business knowledge.
- Have experience in working for the service calls related to Confidential Update.
- Identified and fixed any issue that is reported in production.
- Modified the existing code to fix the issues that gets reported often.
- Handled the issuance tasks, like verifying if the newly issued code doesn’t cause any bad impact in production.
- Identified possible risks because of the new code.
- Supported onsite by making sure that all the regions are tested with the new code and verifying if they are clean for implementing in production.