- Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements and architecture.
- Highly seasoned and experienced Mainframe Developer with exceptional skills in all areas of software construction and programming.
- Adept at troubleshooting and ensuring quality control at every stage of management process.
- Able to function independently or as part of a team.
- IBM OS/MVS Z/OS COBOL COBOL II
- CICS DB2 REXX EZTRIEVE
- SQL ESP SYNCSORT VSAM
- IDCAMS MVS/JCL BMC UTILITIES CHANGEMAN
- XPEDITER INTER: TEST ENDOVER MICROFOCUS COBOL
- NDM MQ MS PROJECCT MS VISIO
- Primary production support person, handled Mainframe related issues, which involves identifying and fixing defects successfully
- Design and Developed COBOL, CICS, DB2 programs as per user requirement and implemented successfully and timely manner
- Analyzed, Created and modified programs based on the requirements.
- Carried out the system and Integration testing and prepared the Traceability matrix, Setup daily test for the UAT testing and ensure the output is as expected
- Supported all aspects of disaster recovery testing
- Expose to DB2 store procedureUnited Parcel Service
Mainframe Programmer Analyst
- Involved in coding of New Batch Programs to implement the new functionality and change the existing functionality of COBOL, CICS, DB2 programs and JCL
- Actively involved in defect resolution process, Root Cause Analysis which prevented re - occurring defects and meet the quality goals
- Analyzed user requirement and Identified impacted Programs, JCL, Procedures, symbolic libraries and tables.
- Created project plan for wrote specification, coding, code review and unit test.
- Coded and Tested multiple COBOL, DB2 and CICS programs
- Verified scheduling changes created by production team to ensure accuracy
- Provided support for running system test, parallel test and UAT test and involved in defect and resolution and analysis
- Played active role in version control, comparing code changes and ensure the perfection, Consolidate Documents for impacted recompile modules
Mainframe Test Lead
- Led and motivated team which resulted in successful implementation.
- Led meeting for defect handling between test, programmers and users group.Provided reports for test progress.
- Created and implemented Project plan for testing of all the phases of billing cycle which included the extracting data from MQ loading to the data and running all the jobs for billing cycle.
- Created and distributed daily status of test to all cross functional application and management team which helped the completion of test cycle ahead of time.
- Resolved all JCL, SYMLIB, Procedure, BMC Utilities, IDCAMS and sync sort related issues while monitoring Mainframe jobs.
- Led meeting for defect handling between test, programmers and users group.Reported test progress.
Mainframe Q.A. Tester
- Created test data for Integration test for requirements and tested online screens. Also created test-data and tested several applications.
- Set up test environment for running billing cycle, scheduled Cobol and Linux programs running for billing cycle using Enterprise System Platform
- Monitored COBOL, CICS and DB2 jobs running using ESP, Resolved all JCL, SYMLIB, Procedure, BMC Utilities, IDCAMS and sync sort related issues while monitoring Mainframe jobs.
- Presented process to the team and upper management, and also teach the process to team members.
External customer technical support Analyst
- World class Help desk trouble-shooting software and hardware, scanner, printers, scale, modems.
- Maintained and log calls using Expert Advisor in OS/2