- Insightful experience of 5+ years across multiple Java, Big data and Mainframes projects.
- Experience in developing Map - Reduce programs using Apache Hadoop for working with Big Data.
- Experienced in Big data solutions and Hadoop ecosystem related technologies. Well versed with Big Data solution planning, designing, development and POC’s.
- Experience in working with various Hadoop infrastructures such as Map Reduce, Hive, PIG, SQOOP, Flume, HBase, DB2, MONGO DB, Sqoop and BMC.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts. Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong knowledge in Object Oriented Concepts, Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object Oriented Analysis (OOA), Programming and its implementation.
- Adept at software development cycles involving System Study, Analysis, System Design, Development, and Implementation and Testing.
- Experience in working with Mainframes, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, EASYTRIEVE, DB2, IMS DB, JAVA, Eclipse Plug-ins, UNIX, Shell Script, Batch, J2EE, WEB SERVICES and SQL Developer.
- Expert in database optimization issues.
- Deft at mapping the customer / clients requirements, custom designing solutions & troubleshooting for complex software & application problems.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with proven abilities in resolving complex software issues.
- Continuous outstanding performance from the past 4 years.
- Good experience in integration, debugging, design, analysis, and implementation.
- Strong experience in client interaction and understanding business application, business data flow and data relations from them.
- Committed to excellence, self-motivator, fast-learner, team-player, and a prudent developer with strong problem-solving skills and communication skills
- Expert in Big data projects.
- SME in IBM RDz.
- SME in Cost Basis Reporting system.
Operating Systems: IBM OS/390,MVS/ESA, EXtra Windows 9x, NT, 2K,UNIX, ZOS, JES/2, JES/3 and MS-DOS
Languages: PL/1, COBOL, Easytrieve, ASM, SAS, .Net, Rexx, VS COBOL, PL/SQL, SQL, C, C++, Java & JCL
Access Method: VSAM
Web Technologies: XML, HTML, UML, Java ScriptDatabase: DB2, IMS-DB, Oracle 10g, IDMS & SQL
OLTP: CICS, IMS-DC
Network Protocols: FTP, NDM and Xmit
Scheduler: CA - 7, ESPMENU, OPC
Tools: Expeditor, Endeavor, Easytrieve, MQ Series, Change Man, Control-M Utilities, File-Aid, File-Db2, abend-aid, Panavalet, ZMF, SPUFI, QMF, Omegamon, Coolgen, Smartest, Smartedit, RACF, ISPF/TSO, NDM Connect Direct, Test Director, Sharepoint Quality Control, Vantive, BMC AOTS, ITUP PRISM, P8, TOAD, PVCS, CA Gen, Report Composer, Crystal Reports, MAPPER etc.
Utilities: IEBCOPY, IEBGENER,IEFBR14, SYNCSORT, Compare-X, IDCAMS and SUPERC
Others: Oracle ERP Techno - Functional ( GL, AP, AR, FA and CE) and HRMS - Employee
Confidential, New York, NY
- Experience designing and developing Mainframe batch programs using COBOL, DB2 SQL, Easytrieve, MQ SERIES, ISPF JCL, and other utilities such as SYNCSORT ETC
- Experience with online development using CICS, IMS DB/DC, PSBs, and SSAs.
- Experience with change control methodology using SERENA CHANGEMAN.
- Project Management activities including timelines, cost, change requests, status gathering from all impacted teams etc. with using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Methodology
- Allocate hours between onsite and offshore resources and work on capacity planning for work assigned to development team for different projects.
- Monitor SLA adherence for production support tickets and development projects for number of defects, on time delivery and estimation accuracy. Resolve system defects and ABP abends
- Facilitate offshore team with code review, design review and test plan review with client team and getting all necessary approvals for implementation of project as per change management guidelines
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and meet the project deadlines.
- Provide development status of projects to IBM and WellPoint management team.
- Stored, maintained and completing documents in SHAREPOINT
- Responsible for teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Gathering Requirements for SSCR(small enhancements) formally document them in project repository
- Updated Project action plan, Detailed Requirements Specifications, Impact Analysis, File Specifications, System Run Chart (flow chart), Data Base Requirements, Program Specifications, Operation Manual, Program Development, Coding, Unit Test Plan, System Test plan, Inter System Test plan, Implementation plan, Post implementation check and User rating
- Worked on approval and funding of a solution, resource will assist with the project implementation, overall technical architecture design leadership for implementation
- Worked on Detail system design and implementation
- Worked on multiple fast paced projects in different development phase simultaneously.
- Perform Impact analysis through Endeavor scans and identify impacted elements.
- Identify solution and prepare design documents.
- Provided 24/7 production support to Mainframe system, which includes support during night batch run, providing temporary fix to JCL’s during batch abends to avoid delay.
- Conduct Design walkthroughs and obtain sign-off from stake holders.
- Monitor the defects logged in Rational Clear Quest and document resolution. close relevant TSRM incidents and track the status of open incidents
- Resolve Application Outages and ensure application availability.
- Prepare Implementation and Backout plans for SSCR and Projects.
- Worked on Client (Healthcare) internal QR review and Architecture Peer Reviews.
- Prepared Deployment Plan, Location document for the Releases.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, Easytrieve, CICS, DB2, RACF, ZMF, ETL, SQL, Changeman, Rexx,DB2, IMS- DB, IDMS, RMF, Main view, Vantive, Quality center, File aid, Comparex, SOA, Datastage, Web Services, QMF, SPUFI, Strobe, Oracle apps, VB .net and ASP.net.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Interacting with clients to discuss business requirements.
- Participating in design discussion meetings with Upstream/down stream partners.
- Understand the requirements/enhancements, analyze the existing functionality.
- Organizing meetings to discuss design solutions.
- Preparing High level design specifications and reviewing low-level specification document
- Provide inputs for project Estimations; doing impact analysis.
- Extensively worked with DB2 database Teams. New tables were created/old were modified to include some additional fields.
- Once the technical design was reviewed and approved we start working on the tasks. Have meetings with client as well as with business users for more enhancements or questions. Also have to give the status of each task in every meeting.
- Developed COBOL, DB2, CICS programs.
- Prepare scripts, test plans & test data, Conduct unit, integration and regression testing.
- Participating discussions with QA regarding test cycles and providing inputs to QA.
- Monitoring the batch cycle and required to fix the abends and make sure that cycle completes within the timeframe.
- Prepare & Review JCL, test plans & test data, Conduct unit, integration and regression testing.
- Responsible for Defect tracking and resolutions.
- Release support and release scheduling review.
- Participate in daily offshore/Onsite status call.
- Monitoring the production batch cycle and respond and act if any abends.
- Respond to the calls from the batch services team and answer queries.
Environment: Windows 7, COBOL, JCL, CICS, ASSEMBLER, VSAM, DB2, PLATINUM, SMART TEST, INTER TEST, ENDEAVOR, HIPERSTATION, XML, MAUI, SOAPUI.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Jr. Mainframe Developer
- Working as a Mainframe Developer in the project.
- Interacting with technical as well as business clients to understand requirements and creating technical design documentation.
- Coding & Unit testing processes in a timely manner. Includes creating test cases too.
- Creating tools to fasten implementation and reduce manual errors.
- Mentoring new team members enabling them to settle faster in the project.
- Weekly production support activities to support project applications.
- Maintenance of CICS web services (CWS) between applications - PMP, LAWS, CWS and SHAW.
- Updated COBOL code and tested the modified code using SOAPUI.
- Created test plans and test cases.
- Participated in meeting with all stakeholders to discuss about the unresolved issues and the progress of the effort by each affected team.
- Used SOAPUI as testing tool for CWS. Created projects, service requests and reviewed the service responses.
- Built JCL for production jobs and utilities.
- Edited JCL jobs and resolved errors when necessary.
- Enhanced and maintained DB2 programs.
- Conducted production support, testing and maintenance of daily activity.
Environment: IBM Mainframe, COBOL, CICS Web Services, Link3270, XML, SOAPUI