- Nine years of IT experience in Mainframe based applications involving Software Development Life Cycle activities like requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, testing, process control and implementation phases.
- Worked extensively on Automotive domain.
- Extensive working experience on Mainframe related skills such as COBOL, DB2, JCL, VSAM, TSO, IMS DB/DC, CICS, SORT, ICETOOL
- Worked on tools like CHANGEMAN, XPEDITOR, QMF, SPUFI, FILE - AID, ABEND-AID, REMEDY (Ticket management tool).
- Good working experience on IBM Rational Clear Case and IBM Rational Clear Quest.
- 24/7 Production Support and Maintenance for Mainframe business critical and complex applications involving identification of production issues, providing solutions and deployment into production
- Proactively handled the Preventive, Corrective, and Perfective tickets in support.
- Involved in requirement gathering for new requests from Business end users.
- Prepared business impact analysis, high level design /low level design meeting the business requirements.
- Efficient in coding, unit testing and User acceptance testing and deployment of the changes.
- Extensively involved in code review, test plan review and test results review in mainframe applications.
- Adhered to 100% SLA of client and delivered within the schedule.
- Excellent Team player with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the software development process.
- Experience in working with multiple vendors and geographically distributed teams with Onsite/Offshore team structure.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely while maintaining a professional and positive conduct, personal and business integrity
Operating Systems: IBM Mainframe, Unisys Mainframe, MS Windows
Programming Languages: COBOL, JCL, IMS, CICS
Database: DB2, IMS DB/DC
Tools: & Utilities: FILE-AID, ABEND-AID, QMF, SPUFI, ICETOOL, IDCAMS, IEBGENER, REMEDY, IBM Rational Clear Quest / Case
Configuration Management Tool: CHANGEMAN, XPEDITOR
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Mainframe Programmer Analyst
- Worked on major and minor enhancements to the system which support business growth
- Provided 24/7 support to business critical and complex applications
- Effectively managed teams at onsite and offsite to complete tasks on time for delivery
- Reported and published the status of all handled tasks to peers and managers for tracking
- Handled business user queries and other application user raised tickets of all severity - from low to high
- Adherence to SLA as per client guidelines.
- Adherence to client’s coding standards and process standards
- Applications monitoring, backlog reduction and application simplification by code complexity reduction for better application maintenance
- Proactively provided permanent solution for job abends.
- Reviewing code, test results and documents
- Proactively involved in helping the team during crisis situation.
- Involved in requirement gathering phase and coordinated with offshore to create design documents, coding, reviewing, test plan and results documentation and Implementation of changes into production.
- Planning and implementation of code fixes
Environment: IBM mainframes, COBOL, TSO, JCL, IMS DB/DC, DB2, CICS, IDCAMS, IEBGENER, SORT, ICETOOL, FTP, FILE-AID, ABEND-AID, IBM Rational Clear Quest, IBM Rational Clear Case.
Mainframe Programmer Analyst
- Supported TTMS ( Confidential ) application which is highly business critical
- Worked on multiple enhancements across different applications within Toyota for almost 2 years, delivering zero defect code and complete documentations
- Understanding the high level design, preparing detailed business and technical design, providing time and effort estimations for the enhancements
- Analysing the impact on the overall applications, developing new code in IBM-mainframe which uses IMS and DB2 databases, and performing unit and integration testing
- Performed End-End system testing which involves multiple platforms like OTM, BDM, and Mainframe.
- Performed the Message Queue monitoring which involves huge data flow across platforms.
- Did Root cause analysis, provided assistance in resolving issues and retesting the application performance.
Environment: IBM mainframes, COBOL, TSO, JCL, IMS DB/DC, DB2, MQ, CICS, IDCAMS, IEBGENER, SORT, ICETOOL, FTP, FILE-AID, ABEND-AID, IBM Rational Clear Quest, IBM Rational Clear Case.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Maintenance for a huge application - MMS ( Confidential )
- Provided resolutions to client's application or business flow related queries
- Break-fixes and new code development in Unisys-mainframes which uses DMS database
- Enhancing existing applications to handle the newly identified business requirements
- Preparing detailed design, test results for the enhancements
- Improvising the System Appreciation document for easier application understanding and maintenance
- Involved in knowledge transition activities, prepared documents and presentations describing the business flow and technical details of the application
Environment: IBM mainframes, COBOL, JCL, and DB2 databases, UNISYS mainframes, ECL and DMS database
- Preparation of detail design, test plan and results
- Code analysis for resolving technical issues, and performing unit and integration testing
- Involved in peer review of complete code and test results
- Used expeditor for debugging batch and online code
- Developed code as per client’s coding standards and adhered to SLA
Environment: IBM mainframes, COBOL, TSO, JCL, CICS, DB2 database, SORT, ENDEAVOR, XPEDITOR