Proficient IT Professional eager to contribute technical expertise, infrastructure capacity, strong project management and user service skills in a challenging Mainframe Programmer assignment actively supporting an organization in maximizing performance.
- M.S., Information Systems.
- B.S., Physics/Mathematics.
- Mainframe Programming Diploma.
- Certification in web development/e - commerce.
- Over 12 years of successful IT experience in programming.
- Expertise in mainframe programming and software operating systems.
- Proven analysis, design, structured coding, testing and troubleshooting capacity.
- Million dollar cost savings award holder from Confidential Inc
- Background in effective project management.
- Strong focus on exceptional customer service, quality and meeting organizational objectives.
- Effectively interact with diverse groups and professionals at all levels.
- Well-organized multi-tasker with strong detail orientation.
- Sound work ethic.
- Adept in aligning IT contributions with organizational objectives.
Hardware: IBM 3090, IBM ES 9000, IBM z/OS
Environment: s Mainframe, Web/Internet, .NET Framework 2.0, ASP.NET, ADO.NET
- Gathered and documented business/user requirements via meetings and discussion sessions and translated requirements to concise technical specifications.
- Communicated with multiple business units on program development milestones and expectations.
- Leveraged structured coding architectures to create and maintain programs according to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies for insurance applications.
- Upgraded Workers Compensation System with TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOLII, CICS, DB2, VSAM, IMS, MQ and IBM utility programs.
- Pioneered improvements to processes and systems and directed production implementation for all programs
- Played key role in development of full project life cycle covering design, development, unit testing, debugging, UAT and system integration testing and deployment while supporting production.
- Coordinated with teams in system/integration testing.
- Aided user acceptance testing with Business and Quality Control Group.
- Performed weekly transmission of insurance data to regulatory agencies. Processed and transmitted rejected submissions of insurance data from prior years.
- Eliminated Regulatory fines caused by incorrect reporting of Workers’ Compensation data by replacing inadequate reporting programs with new, accurate programs and automated processes.
- Retained to support Specialty Finance Group.
- Enhanced the Advanced Lending Business Enterprise System at Confidential Inc utilizing TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOLII, CICS, DB2, VSAM, MQ and IBM utility programs.
- Effectively supported development and maintenance of batch/online systems in the Consumer Finance Group.
- Managed programming and production support for the Loan Processing System/bulk using SDLC and oversaw processing of loan information from spreadsheets and tapes, including conversion to formats compatible with Confidential mainframe. Distributed processed information to both internal and external customers. Transmitted data to warehouse and partner banks via FTP or Connect Direct.
- As a core team member, actively participated in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which include requirements gathering, definition, design, coding, testing/debugging, build, deployment and support
- Facilitated system/integration testing while assisting user acceptance testing with Business and Quality Control Group.
- Originated production turnover documentation with QA Department for application migration to UAT and production environments.
- Orchestrated FTP/Connect Direct data transfer between Confidential financial and clients.
- Successfully cross-trained new hires in Financial Processing Group in loan processing.
- Improved efficiency, reduced time previously spent on manual processing and circumvented government fines by automating the bulk/loan processing.
- Ensured accurate data as a result of new processing methods.
- Adapted the approach used on the bulk processing project to several successful conversion projects.
- Spearheaded multiple improvement projects that enhanced performance and efficiency.
- Honored with the 2004 annual cost saving award
- Developed and supported the order processing systems using TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS, VSAM and utility programs with in Corporate support system group. Application areas included product allocation, order entry, pricing shipping selection, document generation, invoice and inventory.
- Gathered and analyzed user requirements, recommended solutions, coded, tested, debugged and implemented mainframe applications (online and batch systems).
- Responsible for Connect Direct Data Transfer between Confidential locations worldwide.
- Swiftly adapted to internal debugging processes and soon received recognition for excelling in error discovery and trouble shooting
- Instrumental to success of the Confidential conversion project
- Honored with “top performer” evaluation each year
- Recognized for stellar performance with a promotion from Associate to Application Programmer Analyst
- Gathered and documented business requirements, analyzed, designed, coded, tested, debugged and implemented Shared Medical Systems programs
- Designed, coded, tested, debugged and implemented batch COBOL programs based on user requirements.
- Created or modified accounting and patient care reports based on customer’s requirements using COBOL programs.
- Performed maintenance of existing code and supported the production system.
- Introduced a new pathway for Nuclear Medicine Department by developing new programs for the Order Processing Systems.
- Deployed new applications swiftly and error free.