Mainframe systems administration experienced in storage management, security and product installations with excellent skills in researching technical issues and developing innovative solutions for resolving them.
- Maintained all aspects of Virtual Tape System (EMC DLM / Data Domain) such as available amount of scratch tapes and storage using CA1, DFHSM and DFSMS. Used monitoring systems to track available storage and advised users cleanup of their data was needed when their allocated space exceeded established limits.
- Customized and installed Mainframe software products (TRX, IOF, SMFUTIL, PDAFAST, UACR, FDR). Coordinated testing of all new releases by creating copies of all systems and bringing up on our test sandbox lpar.
- Participated in annual disaster recovery & Business Continuity Planning and testing. Coached our operations team in restoring all dasd volumes from weekly backups, bring up all online systems and coordinate testing between scheduling, operations and remote user groups. Documented any issues encountered and made recommendations for improvements going forward.
- Trained staff on various software scheduling and operations products (CA7, CA11, Datacom A/D) to bring them up to speed on new features and functionality. Created test scenarios for our operations team to follow when new releases were installed which allowed them to work out any issues before going forward with new versions.
- Performed yearly Sarbanes - Oxley security audit (RACF) to verify the retention of corporate data and reports were retained properly. Also confirmed that access to data files was correct and made necessary changes as required.
- Backup to RACF security admin for over 20 years. Knowledge in ISPF panels and command language.
- Managed team in upgrading from IBM 3494 Magstar robotic tape system to an EMC DLM and Data Domain virtual tape server. Created new SMS rules and completed all testing. Realized a 25% improvement in weekly backup time after conversion. This project required weeks of running batch jobs to copy tapes from old robotic library to new virtual system.
- Developed and maintained utility job to assist security group with deleting / removing terminated user id’s and datasets from system. This led to a timelier process for our security team to remove terminated users from the company database.
Production Scheduling SupervisorResponsibilities:
- Utilize production scheduling products (CA7 and CA11) to complete daily, weekly and yearly batch schedules. Automated batch utility job to change all date cards in one run.
- Oversaw team of 4 production control schedulers who were responsible for running ad hoc batch jobs, printing daily reports and assisting the application staff implementing program changes.
- Correct and rerun batch job abends as needed to ensure all overnight schedules were complete. Worked closely with application programming staff coordinating changes to the production and test environments as needed.
- Conducted disaster recovery testing by restoring all dasd volumes from weekly backup tapes. Responsible for bringing up all online systems and ensure connectivity is available. Ran daily schedule of jobs to verify all required data was restored and available. After test was complete, coordinated the shutdown of all systems and the cleaning / removing of all restored data from the DR site
- Responsible for running daily batch jobs according to automated schedule. When abends occurred, researched errors, made corrections and re-ran jobs. Communicated any issues encountered to supervisor and assisted in making corrections as needed.