- Detail oriented programmer and architect with 6 years of hands - on experience in IBM Mainframe - COBOL, Easytrieve, JCL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, Endeavor, FILE-AID, TSO, ISPF SDSF, and Change man.
- Successfully lead and executed wide-range of Development & Maintenance projects on-time and in-budget, surpassing client expectations. Key responsibilities included providing Estimation, Analysis, Technical Design, Code Development & Review, and Testing.
- Recommended and lead Volume truncation enhancement request which impacted 60 % of the total application.
- Varied experience of working on batch applications, CICS online screens, and online modules with Java as front end.
- Key Contributor in a large scale COBOL conversion project involving coding and testing in limited time frame
- Excellent communication and client interaction skills and expertise in requirements gathering and Analysis
- Experience of document review, code review, peer review and group reviews.
- Extensive knowledge of testing mainframe systems, software testing, User Acceptance Testing, In-depth knowledge of system integration, defect tracking, test validation, and test planning
- Working knowledge in retail, distribution & inventory and Transport domain.
- Team player and experience in coordinating and working with offshore teams.
- Project Management expertise and Certification, in-depth knowledge of PM Methodologies and PMBOK Tools & Techniques.
- Keen interest in supporting the project in terms of planning & control, Risk assessment and mitigation & monitoring the progress of project by calculations of performance parameters.
System Design and Development: Requirement Study, Analysis, DesignConstruction, Unit and System Testing, Quality assurance and Implementation
Programming Languages: COBOL, JCL, APS COBOL, COBOL II, Easytrieve, SQL
Databases: DB2, VSAM, Oracle 9i
Operating Systems: IBM OS/390
Software Tools: TSO/ISPF, File Manager, File-Aid, Manage Now, SPUFI, ENDEVOR, ZEKE, QMF
OLPT: CICS, IMS, Java front end
Office Tools: Lotus Notes, MS Office, MS Project
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Review Mainframe Design, Technical Specifications, Coding phases
- Independently handled various application enhancement requests ranging from 80 to 2600 person hours
- Preparation and reviewing of Estimates, Sow’s, Requirement Traceability Metrics, Technical Design Document and Unit Test Plans
- Providing UAT support
- Packaging and installation of code in test environment and subsequently to production environment. Providing post production support for bug fixes etc.
- Prepare use cases, process flow diagrams, functional requirements and requirement traceability matrix.
Environment- JCL, APS COBOL, Easytrieve, DB2, TSO/ISPF, File-Aid, Manage Now, SPUFI, ENDEVOR, ZEKE, Lotus Notes, MS Office
- Analysis and modification of batch and online programs to achieve quicker pulling of the report thereby Reducing the replenishment time of the required merchandise
- Successfully generating the “Real-time" reports providing management with critical inventory information.
- Modify/Develop CICS screens to achieve Enhanced Guest service i.e. Locate stored merchandise quicker by going to exact storage location indicated.
- Onsite-offshore co-ordination (delegate, manage and monitor offshore team)
- Developing test plans, strategies, scenarios and perform execution of test cases
- Conducting Unit, System testing and deployment of deliverables in Production
Environment - COBOL, Easytrieve, DB2, VSAM, JCL, TSO, SPUFI, CICS, MS Office
- Prepared conversion approach, Design Document and Unit Test Plans for conversion
- Performed Code Development and Unit testing with the IMS screens
- Providing accurate estimates and status reports.
- Key contributor in the Conversion project, converted and testing numerous modules from COBOL II, COBOL III to Enterprise COBOL format in limited time frame
- Coordination and knowledge transfer within the team.
- Run batch cycles in test environment.
- Coding adhering to standards.
- Test plan, unit test and test result creation.
Environment - COBOL II, COBOL III, Enterprise COBOL, IMS, DB2, VSAM
- Mapped APL EDI data files flow
- Extraction of data using Mercator, subsequent updating of data files
- Exposure to complete flow of APL EDI data files and Mercator tool
- Create process flows and traceability matrix
Environment - EDI, Mercator