- IBM Mainframe Analyst Programmer having 12+ years of extensive IT experience.
- Working Experience in domains like:
- Healthcare/Medicare (Medical Claim processing, Enchantments and Maintenance of Medicare services such as Medical, Foodservices, Work, TANF, Child Support, CA State Management Reporting, Cash and Other programs)
- Insurance (P&C Claims Processing, Property & Casualties, Claim Center/Policy Billing Center, Financial Reporting, NJ State Reporting)
- Banking (Savings, Checking, IRA, Brokerage Accounts, Fraudulent)
- Retail (POS/Credit Card Processing/Product Price Markdown process/SOA Refresh)
- Publication (Legal Document Processing/States School Score Evaluation Processing)
- Good Hands on Experience on different phases of SDLC: ADM (Application Design & Development, Maintenance, Enhancement, and Re - Engineering).
- Experienced in Data Conversion, Extraction, and Data migration projects.
- Good experience in (ETL) Dataware House and Data Marts migration projects, with Reporting.
- Experienced in Onsite-Offshore work model.
Programming Languages: Micro Focus Cobol, Cobol II, COBOL XE, PL/1, JCL, Core Java, SQL, PL/SQL, C, AFP, Rexx
Databases: Oracle 11g, VSAM, DB2 8.0 & 8.1, Teradata 12.0, IDMS/DB, ADSO, IMS DB, SQL 2005/2008
Database Middleware Tools: Oracle Developer Toad, DB2 Development Center, SQL Server 2008 R2, Informatica
Transaction Processors: CICS 3.1, POS (Point Of Sale)
Scheduling Tools: OPC, CA-7, IBM Tivoli
Middleware: MQ-Series, SOAP UI/GMI Harness
Reporting Languages/Tools: BO (Business Objects), SAS, Ezyetrive, Dart reporting tool
Tools: & Utilities: TSO/ISPF, SPUFI, QMF, FILE-AID, Endevor, Changeman, Librarian, LMS (Library Management System), SAVRS, EDI 837 (Electronic Data Interexchange), Citrix, Webstar, VSS, IVMenu, PDSE, IOF, SDSF, Change Point, SMD, DBIO, Smart Test, File Manager, Ditto, Roscoe, RPF, IDCAMS, Expeditor, Syncsort, Abend-Aid, FTP, Connect Direct, Kofax & Scan Sheet, 2D Barcode, IBM RDz, Star Team, Guidewire Claim Center 6.0, SR Tool, Micro Focus NetExpress, CubeD, Confidential Exstream, Case Copy, Confidential Application
Testing Tools: ALM Confidential Quality Center, IBM Rational Clear Quest, Confidential -Quality Center (10.0), Mercury-QC, Test Director 8.0, SOAP UI/ Web services
Operating Systems: Z/OS, S/390, Unix ( Confidential -Unix/AIX/SOLARIS/SCO), Windows XP/2000/NT
Software Lifecycle & Application Architecture: Dimension PVCS, Agile methodology, Water Fall, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), PPM
Design and Document Management Tools: Microsoft Visio, Planview, Sharepoint, OnBase, VSS
Confidential, Brooklyn, OH
Mainframe Technical Lead
- Effort estimation client specific estimation tool.
- Impact analysis of COBOL and PL/1 programs, ADSO screens, ADSO Dialogue programs, PROC’s, JCL and SORT cards.
- Preparation of Technical Design Document (TSD) using the customer guiding principles.
- Coordination with offshore team to assign and review of TSDs.
- Conduction daily status meetings with offshore and onsite team.
- Weekly status reporting to customer.
- Coordination with BA (Business Analyst) to understand and gather the technical requirements.
- Conducting deliverable artifacts review meetings with customer and accommodating the review comments.
- Tracking of issues and queries and bring them to closer after customer discussion.
- Code changes and unit testing.
- Walkthrough of code changes and unit test results.
- Deployment of changed components to system test region.
Environment: MVS COBOL, PL/1, IBM Mainframe, JCL, VSAM, CICS, IDMS/ADSO, SharePoint, PPM Clarity, etc.
Confidential, Roseville, CA
Senior COBOL/SQL Developer/Analyst
- Project cost estimation using Confidential proprietary PAC tool.
- Analysis of FBR (Functional Business Requirements) document.
- Coordination with BA (Business Analyst) and testing teams to help them understand and gather the technical requirements.
- Analysis of Client Correspondence and Management Reporting programs.
- Development of technical specification document.
- Preparing details of existing and new SQL's required.
- Preparing mapping of new SQL tables with new Java based data collection screens.
- Coding of batch and online programs using COBOL/JCL/VSAM/DB2/CICS and MF COBOL/ Confidential -Unix/MF Net Express for Client Correspondence and Management Reporting applications.
- Preparation of Batch shell scripting.
- Preparation of Unit Test Plan in Confidential ALM and execution.
- SQL pack preparations and applications to different environments for Confidential Exstream conversion project.
- Participation in daily SCRUM meetings.
- Validations of Confidential Exstream client correspondences such as NOAs, OCC, and Forms before and after packaging.
- System testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing) support using IBM Rational ClearQuest, CA SR Tool, and Confidential ALM.
- Deployment and Post deployment supports.
- Weekly status updates to project team.
Environment: MVS COBOL, MF COBOL, Shell scripting, IBM Mainframe, JCL, VSAM, CICS, DB2, MF NetExpress, Confidential Unix, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Oracle Developer Toad 11g, Dimension PVCS, SharePoint, Java, XML, SR Tool, CubeD, Confidential Application, SQL Station (DBA Review Tool), BO (Business Objects), Confidential ALM, Confidential Exstream, etc.
Confidential, Ewing, NJ
Senior Mainframe Developer
- Coordination with BA (Business Analyst) and testing teams.
- Analysis of SRS (software specification requirements) document.
- Provide Solutioning and Peer Reviews.
- Preparation of Effort estimation using PERT estimation technique.
- Preparation of High-level design document.
- Complex SQLs preparation using Data Mapping document prepared by Data Analyst.
- Testing Informatica ETL loads in Dataware house and Datamarts.
- Verification of data load reports (BI and Analytics) from Datamart load.
- Coding of both Online and Batch application programs in Cobol/CICS/JCL.
- Report generation using SAS.
- Preparation of Unit Test Plan and execution with documentation.
- System testing support using HPQC.
- Active participation throughout UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Deployment and Post deployment supports.
- Weekly status updates to project team.
- Also performed Kofax/OnBase testing for document management.
- Performed testing for .Net based application for Account Payables and Check distribution.
Environment: Librarian, SQL 2005 and 2008 R2, Informatica ETL, Kofax and Scan Sheet utilities, 2D Barcode, OnBase, Silver light, DB2, File Aid, QMF, SPUFI, TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL, CICS, SORT, SAS, HPQC 10.0, Share Point, Guidewire Claim Center 6.0, Plan View, etc.
Confidential, Cypress, CA
Mainframe Technical Analyst
- Analysis of technical decisions made and preparation of issue log for further clarifications
- Analysis of inventory provided by Confidential and preparation of understanding document.
- Conducting technical discussions with various Confidential SME's and offshore technical team.
- Analysis of legacy COSMOS system and investigation on remaining alternative solutions required for conversion.
- Review of technical specs and Code walkthrough.
- Coding of impacted and new programs in COBOL using EDI 837 file format.
- Review of unit test plan and unit test cases.
- Unit testing of new and changed components with complete test coverage, including all the EDI segments logic. Thus assuring both unchanged logic working as old without any impact from new changes.
- Documentation of unit test results and walkthrough to leads.
- Assisting offshore team in test data preparation and unit testing.
- Conducting daily offshore technical and status meetings.
- Weekly Status updates to client.
Environment: Endevor, Endevor Workbench, DB2, VSAM, VTAM, File Aid, QMF, SPUFI, TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL, XGEN COBOL, CICS, SORT, EDI, HPQC 9.0, Share Point, etc.
Confidential, Des Plaines, IL
Mainframe Application Analyst
- Analysis of Mainframe Online and Batch Applications.
- Identification of Application Interfaces.
- Inventory Analysis of the existing applications.
- Application Reverse engineering to provide support for forward engineering teams.
- Coordination of offshore team to generate required reports out of code inventory.
- Acted as a SPOC to the Forward engineering team to resolve any Technical Issues in to be system.
- Assisted forward engineering team to convert COBOL programs to Java programs.
Environment: Librarian, TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL, IDEAL, DATACOM, CICS, SORT, File-Aid, SPUFI, HPQC 10.0, JAVA, Insight AMS tool, etc.
Confidential, Mooresville, NC
- Worked with various Applications in Mainframe and other interfacing applications.
- Involved in complete System Integration testing support i.e. End to End including module level of testing using COBOL/DB2/TERADATA/VSAM and POS .
- Assisted Testing team in Peer reviews of their system test cases in Quality Assurance in HPQC.
- Worked on various tools including FTP, ETL Load, Connect Direct
- Created new JCL's, modified the existing JCLs for Batch processing
- Used SPUFI to retrieve, modify and insert data into test database.
- Responsible for evaluating Business Requirements, Functional Specs, HLD, Designing, Coding, and Unit Testing.
- Defects fixing during different phases of testing using Confidential Quality center.
- Conducting the team meetings, Customer meetings and management meetings with the respective stake holders on Weekly basis.
- Getting Signoff from Business for the deliverables.
Environment: Endeavor, TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL, CICS, CHANNELS & CONTAINERS, SORT, DB2, File-Aid, SPUFI, HPQC 9.2 (by Confidential ), MQ Series, JAVA, XML, Web Method, LIFT FTP application, Connect Direct, Teradata, Oracle, Genesis, Unix-AIX, POS, DART reporting tool and SQL Assistance, etc.
Mainframe Lead Developer
- Worked as a mainframe lead developer.
- Preparation of ARLs
- Estimation and Preparation of scan specs and edit specs for other teams.
- Involved in Construction, Unit Testing phases.
- Report formatting and generation using SAS.
- Preparation of UTP for deliverable components.
- Unit test execution and test result documentations.
- System/Integration and Production support.
Environment: MVS, TSO, ISPF, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, SAS, Change Man, DB2, Test Director, and Change Point.
Senior Mainframe Analyst and Programmer
- Worked as a Project Lead.
- Involved in Design, Construction, Unit Testing phases.
- Preparation of Program Specifications for all the individual deliverable components.
- Combine Unit test plan preparation for all the individual components.
- Code construction.
- Unit test execution for online component and capturing the test results.
- System/Integration test support.
Environment: Endeavor, TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL XE, CICS, CHANNELS & CONTAINERS, VSAM, DB2, File-Aid, SPUFI, Expeditor (CICS/Batch), Test Director 8.0, SOAP-UI (GMI Harness), Core JAVA with front-end Workflow.