- Senior COBOL programmer approaching retirement, seeking Confidential or Confidential for less than full - time position, specifics negotiable. Not seeking paid benefits, vacation or sick leave.
- Confidential position or work from home; willing to travel up to 25% but not to relocate.
- Versatile developer, experienced manager, project manager, chief architect for commercial and custom software products.
- Confidential in mainframe DBMS applications. In-depth and hands on in COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL, VSAM; prior experience in IMS and Mainframe Assembler, limited Wintel and Unix.
- Currently involved in large-scale VSAM to DB2 COBOL application migration
- Wide application range: tax applications, pharmaceuticals, medical, land records, facilities management, personnel management, accounting
- Project manager for multiple custom software development projects
- International sales experience and sold prior company into publicly traded French firm
- Conducted structured requirements interviews with end users, department heads and other stakeholders in software development and enhancement projects
- Public speaker and presenter, published author , consultant, course designer, trainer
- Managed development of 3270 mainframe gateway and emulation products from concept through marketing and support; skilled at estimation, cost containment, budget planning
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Mainframe COBOL, batch and CICS, DB2 and VSAM applications.
- Frequent detailed client requirements analysis followed by hands-on implementation, including documentation, testing, delivery and follow-on.
- 23 years as founder/president/chief architect for Date Interface Systems Corporation, performing mainframe DBMS projects for federal, state and industry clients, developing and marketing DI3270 LAN/Gateway software; previously Sales support, technical presenter and proposal writer for MRI, developer of System 2000 mainframe DBMS, Austin.