- Over eight years of IT experience with primary focus on Application Development, Maintenance and Production support projects in IBM Mainframe Environment and exposure to complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) based on a Waterfall, Agile/Scrum Software development methodologies.
- Strong domain experience in P&C - Auto & Fire, Personal Lines and Commercial Lines of Business, Claims, Billing and Payments, Renewals, Underwriting.
- Extensive experience in COBOL, PLI, JCL, DB2, VSAM,CICS, IMS DB/DC, SQL and FTP process.
- Strong working experience in developing DB2 Stored Procedure using various DB2 utilities like SPUFI and File-db2.
- Expertise in using mainframe tools such as XPEDITER, RDZ, SYNCSORT, DFSORT, File-Aid, File Manager and CONRTOL-M.
- Knowledge in using HP Service Manager and Cherwel for Incident/Problem/Change/Release Management
- Experience in Version control tools like RMS and GIT
- Fair knowledge with IBM Websphere to set up MQ Queues.
- Well trained in Informatica Mapper and Workflow Manager to create mappings and workflows.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies - PI Planning, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, Scrum meetings and Features & Story creation.
- Very good exposure to migration projects from end to end.
- Fair knowledge with Devops working model - Version maintaining, Builds and deploying using GIT.
- Experience in using testing tools such as SOAPUI, WinSCP, Oracle SQL Developer.
- Knowledge in building applications with Excel Macros, VB scripts and MS Access.
- Basic knowledge on AWS concepts- S3, DynamoDB.
- Work experience in Onsite-Offshore team structure & flexible with work environments.
- Serves as lead to direct technical activities (including analysis, planning, architecture, design, development, testing and maintenance of support systems for business areas) to offshore team.
- Takes lead role in Production Issue resolution for Severity Level 1 to Level 4 based on Service Level Agreement.
- Interaction with internal clients for detailed requirement gathering, analysis of the work requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving and analytical abilities.
Programming Language & Tools used: COBOL, PLI, JCL, Oracle SQL Developer, Informatica, Guidewire Policy Center
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting
Databases: IBMMainframe DB2,VSAM,MySQL - RDBMS,Oracle12c,MSAccess, Postgres, DB2
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Mainframe Z/OS, Unix,Aix
Automation Testing Tools & Scripting: SQL Scripting, MySQL RDBMS, JCL, IMSTEST and TSOA, VBA, Quick Test Professional, VB Scripts, SOAP UI, WinSCP
Defect Tracking Tools: HPSM and Cherwell service
Data Quality & Profiling Tools: Trillium, Data Flux
Messaging Servers: IBM Web Sphere MQ 6.1/8.0/8.5.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Gathering business requirements, Understanding business components involved, planning and effort estimation.
- Develop COBOL programs/modules, DB2 Stored Procs for Batch process - for CRUD functionalities to migrate to the policy center.
- Create JCLs to execute the programs, IMS Batch and Online.
- Created Stored Procs to invoke web applications for front end applications.
- Using Websphere MQ to schedule message queues.
- Played a key role in Legacy modernization migration project as a core COBOL/PLI developer to develop various modules based on the technical requirements.
- In corporate features and stories in the Version One tool as per the requirements.
- Presenting working software demos to the Product owners as per the Agile methodology.
- Design and document Test plans and Usecase specifications for various functionalities.
- Support all code deployments in to different regions like performance, UAT and Production.
- Perform technical and functional checkouts after each deployment.
- Perform third level production support for all the defects or gaps in the application functionality.
- Collaborate with all the Scrum teams as per the requirement dependencies.
- Attend retrospectives, inspect, and adapt sessions to enhance the process and methodologies.
- Provide status updates to clients and coordinate within the team to ensure quality deliverables.
Technologies: PLI, COBOL, JCL, IMS, VSAM, Informatica, SQL Developer, Guidewire Policy Center .
- Coded mainframe development assignments in COBOL, PLI, modified tables in DB2, created JCLs to run batch jobs, and modified online screens using CICS.
- Created COBOL stored procedures for updates to the database and also to send updates to the calling application modules.
- Developed XML parser module to parse string of data passed from Mid-tier application.
- Created data element mapping documents and detailed program specifications
- Used TSO/ISPF utilities to create and Maintain PDS, PS, etc. and to monitor Spools and to migrate files from one region to other regions.
- Created and reviewed unit test plans, performed unit tests.
Technologies: PLI, COBOL, JCL, IMS, VSAM , Putty, WinSCP, Postgres, DB2,
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Assistant System Engineer
- Involved in requirements analysis reviews and working sessions to understand the requirements and system design.
- Design and document Test plans and Use case specifications.
- Assisted QA Teamin designing Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Develop PLI program to extract Host data for each scenario and create Host files for each criteria.
- Transfer Host files in to Trillium using PuTTY.
- Perform data validation and generate a report.
- Perform Data Cleansing for the anomalies found in the report.
- Use Trillium tool Attend client meetings and assistwith determination of project requirements respective to testing
- Working closelywith Tech lead / Lead SME to ensure the project meets business needs for testing.
- Adapt planning based on test results and progress and take any action necessary to compensate for problems.
- Generate reports for tracking defects, test project metrics, test process improvement and management review.
- Provide Sign Off at each phase of testing as per the entry/exit criteria in each phase.
Technologies: Trillium, Data Flux, PLI, COBOL, JCL, IMS, VSAM , Putty, WinSCP, Postgres, DB2,