- Strategic, results - focused professional with demonstrated expertise in Mainframe application development in various multi-cultural and multi-vendor projects. With my goal-oriented, open and flexible approach to work, I can work towards the short-term wins and long-term objectives, with ease. My strong verbal and written communication skills and eye for details, has helped me to stay focused, learn, perform and deliver under pressure. I believe in innovating wherever possible to achieve better results faster.
- Sr. Mainframe Developer, with 14+ years of hands on experience in application development. Extensive experience in the IT industry, involved with full project life cycle, complete Software Development Life Cycle SDLC.
- Extensive Knowledge in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, integration deployment, documentation and maintenance of IBM Mainframe applications.
- Extensively worked on Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Implementation and Maintenance of mainframe applications using COBOL , PL1 , Stored Procedures , JCL , DB2 , CICS , VSAM , MQ , and different tools and Utilities like ENDEVOR , DB2 File-Aid , IBM Debug tool , DB2PM , QMF , In-sync, RSM, WBM, RTC, VISIO .
- Perform software development and maintenance of IDMS COBOL batch and ADSO dialogs.
- Experience working in the domain of Insurance, Retail, Financial and Banking applications. Extensive hands on experience on IBM Mainframe Application programming.
- Maintain all native IDMS I/O routines, application programs, and ADSO on-line screens.
- Excellent working knowledge in Core Application design, Development, Testing and Production support. Developed programs which deal with MQ’s.
- Design, code and test applications for Distribution and Warehouse Inventory applications using COBOL II, CICS, DB2, and MQ.
- Main responsibility is to produce TAD from the existing legacy programs (Assembler)
- Ability to multi-task work across different applications. Diverse work experience with different functionalities of the application, with Development and Production Support projects.
- Experience working on the project built using the Agile Methodology. Involved in the estimate planning, design discussions and scrum meetings for the project.
- Extensive experience with financial processes analysis.
- Worked directly with Business Analyst for understanding requirements and convert them into technical designs.
Operating systems: IBM OS/390, Windows NT, XP, Z/OS
Programming Languages: Mainframe, COBOL, MVS JCL, CICS, SYNC SORT, Eazytrive, SQL
Databases: DB2, IDMS, VSAM
Mainframe tools: OPC, File: aid, Xpediter, SPUFI, DB2I, ENDEVOR, CA-7, OPC, ADSALIVE, FTP
Other tools: HP Quality Center, JIRA, TSO, MS: Office, Word, Excel, Power Point
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Lead the technical as well as the non-technical staff and users with responsibility, trained and mentored the staff. Utilized most of the latest Technological Tools and Software Systems, ChangeMan, VSAM, COBOL, REXX, DB2, and with SDLC Methodology and other development/testing software tools
- My role was working as a team leader applying maintenance to existing programs or writing new applications. Major databases were utilized such as IDMS for batch and on-line systems.
- Preparation of Detailed technical design from Business requirement and Functional requirements documents.
- Creation of Unit test Plan as per Technical specific documents.
- Performed program analysis, coding, testing and implementation of insurance claims related applications, many of which were online in nature and developed and maintained using TELON, APS, COBOL II, CICS, DB2, and VSAM
- Debug defects using Mainframe debugging tools like XPRDITER and Data related issues using File-Aid.
- Enhancement of the current mainframes application as required to fulfil all new business needs.
- Supporting off business hours to implement new changes in production environments.
- Worked directly with clients in managing their requests, understanding their requirements and translating functional requirements to technical specifications through hands-on analysis and coordinating with the onsite and offshore team for development.
- Worked on ENDEVOR for version controlling of the source code.
- Retrieving source from production environment to test environment using ENDEVOR. Performing various activities using ENDEVOR creating SCL, for promoting code to different environments.
- Creating packages in ENDEVOR promoting code to production live environment.
- Working on Incidents related to Business and Technical issues.
- Worked under Agile methodology of software Development.
- Daily status calls on the Projects with scrum master and other team, on 21 days of sprint.
- Participated in sprint planning with other scrum members.
- Technical leadership for design, development and testing of the implementation effort for mid-sized customer projects or sub-projects on large customer engagements
- Reviewing the tasks of the offshore.
- Preparing implementation strategy and providing the support for implementation of the programs.
- Supporting Production environment based on ON-CALL schedule.
- Impact analyses of the application as when required for the new request for the project.
Environment: Z/OS, MVS, COBOL, EasyTrieve Plus, File-Aid, CICS, IMS DB, DB2, IDMS, JCL, VSAM, TSO, ISPF, File manager, Joblog, SAR, ABENDAID, SQL, DB2, Expeditor, Change man, OPC, HP Quality Center.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Leading the offshore team.
- Supported Production Turn during different production releases.
- Maintained Version one task and activities for the offshore teams.
- Assess and manage functional and non-functional requirements and ensure that they are addressed with the technical solution
- Developed simple to complex, time sensitive and high-volume applications in both batch and online Mainframe environments using COBOL, CICS, Easytrieve, JCL, UNIX, FTP jobs etc.
- Coding of batch and online programs using COBOL/JCL/VSAM/DB2/CICS and MF COBOL/HP-Unix/MF Net Express for Client Correspondence and Management Reporting applications
- Coaching and guiding colleagues in the progression and development of their personal and technical skills
- Developing testing strategies for efficient and error free testing (like preparing unit test plans and doing unit test reviews).
- Quality Assurance activities using Integrated Project Management System
Environment: Z/OS, MVS, COBOL, IMS DB, DB2, IDMS, JCL, VSAM, TSO, File-Aid, ISPF, File manager, Joblog, SAR, ABENDAID, SQL, DB2, Expeditor.
- Understanding & analysing the requirements of the module.
- Prepare System requirements specification document
- Gathered business requirements by conducting detailed discussions with business users, stakeholders, and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s).
- Support the E2E testing during SIT and UAT phases which involves multiple vendors and Multiple applications.
- Prepare high level &low-level design.
- Code construction & optimization as per standards and guidelines as per FS/1 architecture.
- Developing testing strategies for efficient and error free testing (like preparing Unit Test plans and doing Unit Test reviews).
Environment: COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, IDMS, ZOS/390, File-Aid, ENDEVOR , Changeman, QC, Jira, Smartest, File manager, SAR, OPC scheduler Windows 7.
Sr. Software Engineer. /Mainframe Developer
- Preparation of Detailed Design specs from the High-level design docs
- Coding as per the design specs.
- Testing of newly developed programs.
- Services provided include mowing lawns, edging, weed control, mulching, trash, planting, pruning, etc.
- Enhancement of batch and online programs.
- Record QA defects (image displays, appropriate messages, proper verbiage, prices, offers, etc.) using Jira software.
- Underwent in manufacturing domain.
- SOX compliance as per the deliverables
- Developing custom components using Biz Talk.
- Daily conference calls on several issues and development discussions.
- Providing production support for all the abends.
Environment : DB2, VSAM, CICS, COBOL2, IDMS, IBM File Manager, File-Aid, MVS JCL, ENDEVOR, MS-Windows, TSO/ISPF, Jes2, Dylakor, SPUFI, BMS, NDM, Mobius, FTP, IBM FAULT ANALIZER and Debug.
Sr. Software Engineer /Mainframe Developer
- Client interaction for project delivery & timelines
- Requirement gathering, Analysis and process improvement
- Used OPC Scheduler to schedule the job flows in UAT testing and verifying the results after its execution.
- Coordination with development team. Facilitating development and implementation
- Functional specifications development and review
- Functional test cases, testing. Initiate and coordinate UAT
- Post deployment support and handling planned enhancements / Change
Environment: DB2, VSAM, CICS, Cobol, File-Aid, IDMS, MQ, MVS JCL, JES2, ENDEVOR, XPEDITER, MS-Windows, TSO/ISPF, RACF, CEDF, IDCAMS, SDLC, PANVALET and SPUFI.
Software Developer /Mainframe Developer
- Enhancing the programs as per the change request (CR) from the client.
- Coding Changes based on Complexity of Incidents/Service Calls using COBOL, Easytrieve, DB2, JCL and CICS.
- Make changes in existing Code as per the specification received.
- Assist in Test Strategy and planning integration testing for Business SRs.
- Reviewing Peers Designs, codes and testing results.
- Unit Testing and preparing of the Unit Test Case (UTC) documents.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, IDMS, Easytrieve, ZOS/390, ChangeMan, Smartest, File-Aid, SAR, REXX