Mainframe Senior Analyst Programmer with 12 years of IT experience (9 Year’s of experience in Confidential and 3 year’s of experience in Confidential ) in mainframe development and Support.
- Mainframe Application Programmer with 12 years of experience in developing, maintaining, supervising and supporting mainframe legacy applications.
- Developed transactions which uses front end UI(JAVA, .Net) and backend mainframe transactions, to re - use and retain core logic in legacy while giving user a modern UI.
- Extensive experience in design, coding testing and implementing in COBOL, JCL, CICS, IMS DB, IMS DC, DB2 and VSAM.
- Good grasp on MPP/BMP, Batch and Online System of Mainframe.
- Extensive experience in analysis, design, development, unit testing, UAT and deployment cycles of mainframe development.
- Experience in proposing solution for business requirement and driving project from scratch to support the requirement.
- Performed pivotal roles to improve the efficiency of the mainframe team as well as the business operations.
- Tuned DB2 queries used by web front end which improved the response time considerably.
- Got appreciation from client for the same.
- Worked on POC for UI modernization of legacy application.
- Working directly with business users and understanding their requirements from the new system.
- Represented business flows, using Activity Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams (DFD) using MS Visio for Automotive and Manufacturing Application for use post implementation of project.
- Handling deployment coordination activities between different team i.e business and other technical deployment teams to take care of our project deployments which includes web, mainframe and database components.
- Excellent Inter-personal skills and a quick learner. Ability to get along with the team well, and can handle client issues at all stages of the development process.
- Have managed project through all phases right from Requirement analysis, design, coding, System testing, UAT along with customer communication.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to build professional relationships with peers and superiors, and work comfortably with both business and technical professionals.
- Domain expertise in Automotive, Manufacturing and Healthcare.
- Experience in Agile as well as Waterfall model of SDLC.
Skill set: COBOL, JCL, IMS DB, IMS DC, CICS, EDI, Easytrieve, SQL.
Database/File Systems: DB2, IMS DB, VSAM, MQ.
Tools: /Utilities: MS-Access, BALSAMIQ, Panvalet, IBM-Debugger, IBM-Data Studio, SPUFI, DCLGEN, DFSORT, TSO, REMEDY, Platinum.
Business Modeling: MS Visio.
Mainframe Senior Analyst Programmer
- Worked with web team and created online mainframe programs (transactions), which would be called via .NET and Java front end.
- Create Test cases, Unit testing and design specifications for mainframe online and batch programs (transactions) using IMS DB, COBOL and DB2.
- Project Estimations, Create and maintain Project related documents.
- Customer deliveries, Cross technical and Cross module s.
- Team Building activities, SLA Reporting and Meetings with Customer.
- Offshore and Onsite co-ordination and facilitation to the entire team to develop new interfaces as per technical specification and handling the deliveries without any defects.
- Interaction with clients to understand processes/requirement from business perspective.
- Worked on a multiple projects CBN (Create Build New orders), VQP (Virtual processing Quotes), MBU (mass backlog updates), PWL (Pricing worklist), IQM(Interface Quote management), NWS(New Order status) for Confidential (Freightliner/Thomas Build buses/ western star) on enhancing the current system. Web enabled many transactions for different .net and Java Applications. Working on core applications like new Order processing, sales Concessions.
- Wrote mainframe batch programs to nightly data processing.
- Suggested few other performance improvement ideas, which greatly helped improving the system experience.
- New Transactions/Modify IMS transactions to meet UI needs. These transactions is being called by .NET UI, JAVA Applications.
- Meeting with business users and understanding their requirement.
- Analyze mainframe existing process and create technical specification for offshore team.
- Created table definition for the projects as per the requirement.
Mainframe Senior Analyst Programmer
- Medicare CI- Development Project consist of Mainframe (COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, SPUFI, QMF, CA Panvalet, CA Platinum, Abend aid, File aid, Easytieve).
- Worked in Agile Methodology. Responsible for Analysis, Design and daily updates in standup meetings.
- Involved in meetings with Client to collect requirements and Preparation of understanding document.
- Worked on high level design, low level design of the new requirements.
- Preparation of job flow, program flow of the existing system.
- Preparation of project status report.
- Involved in peer review of code and unit test results, SIT, UAT Phases.
- Logged defects in the SQUIDS ( Confidential Tool for defects logging).
- Worked in Development, Maintenance and Support, Responsible for picking up Incident/Problem/Change order tickets from Service desk and getting them resolved.
- Automated various manual Processes to generate reports for Business.
- Worked with front end application team to tune the performance.
- Resolved incidents/ tickets and provided RCA.
- Worked in Onshore-offshore model(SDLC).
- Coordination of three developers at Offshore.
- Requirements collection with the coordination of onsite coordinator.
- Review team development work.
- Involved managing the whole project deliveries from offshore, create monthly reports and handle quality audits.
- Worked on Enhancement and Development programs of insurance Modules.
- Handled production issues, Support Request, Job Monitoring, Analysis and Implementation.
- Ensure that each deliverable source codes adhere to the client supplied standards.
- Prepared test cases to test all the functionality as expected.
- Unit Test the programs based on the test cases prepared.