- Sr. IBM Mainframe Application developer, with 5 years of hands on experience in application development. Extensive experience in the IT industry, involved with full project life cycle, complete Software Development Life Cycle SDLC using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Extensive Knowledge in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, Implementation, testing, integration deployment, documentation and maintenance of IBM Mainframe applications.
- Experience working in the domain of financial and banking applications. Extensive hands on experience on IBM Mainframe Application programming using Vision Plus System
- Ability to multi - task work across different applications. Diverse work experience with different functionalities of the application, with Development and Production Support projects.
- Experience working on the project built using the Agile Methodology. Involved in the estimate planning, design discussions and scrum meetings for the project
- Hands on Application Development experience in IBM Mainframes Environment (VS COBOL II, CICS, JCL, VSAM, DB2, TSO/ISPF, QMF, SPUFI, FILE-AID, CHANGEMAN, XPEDITOR, TWS,IBM DEBUGGER & CA7).
- Hands on experience in scheduler tools such as CA-7 and TWS(Tiwoli Workload Scheduler).
- Extensive experience working as an Module Lead attending the project review meetings with clients gathering requirements, preparing High Level Design (HLD), Low Level Design (LLD), preparing effort estimates, delegating tasks to junior team members for build and testing
- Extensive hands on experience reviewing Design, Code and Test results, perform peer review of release activities and regression testing.
- Project delivery of various sizes, performance tuning, production support, trouble shooting.
- Hands on experience in using testing tools such as JIRA, QC and HP ALM.
- Knowledge of data handling methods and development techniques. The ability to store and retrieve data using efficient SQL commands.
- Extensive experience in DB2 application using COBOL and Vision plus system.
- Good Knowledge on Fundamentals of card processing, vision plus base 1 and CMS base 2.
- Possess good communication skills while communicating with clients, colleagues and product development teams.
OPERATING SYSTEMS: OS/390 V2R10, Z/OS Windows, MS DOS
HARDWARE: IBM Mainframe S390, Windows NT
SOFTWARE PRODUCTS: MVS/ESA-Version 5.2.2, VS COBOL-II, IBM MQ Series 5.3. SQL, JCL Ezytreive, REXX, CICS V4.1.0, CA-7, TSO / ISPF, IBM Utilities
TOOLS: / TECHNOLOGIES: VSAM, ISPF, IDCAMS, SPUFI, File AID for DB2, QMF, SPUFI, File AID, Endevor, Xpeditor, BMC, Platinum tool for DB2, SOLA.
LANGUAGE: VS COBOL II, OS/390 COBOL, SQL, JCL
DATA BASE: DB2 & VSAM
TOOLS: AND UTILITIES: TSO/ISPF, CHANGE MAN, EXPEDITER, FILE-AID, CA7, SUPER-C, QMF, SPUFI, SYNCSORT,IDCAMS, Vision plus.
ENVIRONMENT: COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, ENDEVOUR, FILE MANAGER, SAR, CHANGEMAN.
Senior Mainframe Developer
- Assisting with the Operations and Incident/Problem/Change management.
- Hands on experience creating tables and stored procedures.
- Created test cases, perform defect analysis and worked on defect/work orders of the new CSS system as well as the existing system.
- Actively participated with the team to discuss technical or design ideas during project development process.
- Created programming logic in mass data extraction, evaluate and validate based on the new business rules and system design.
- Distributed tasks in the team during design, coding and testing phases of the new system.
- Confirming data accuracy after introducing new system.
- Involved in preparing test plans for Independent Unit testing and System testing.
- Impact analysis for requirement changes, finding affected list of programs and homogeneous implementation.
- Maintaining and execution of batch/online systems using CA-7 and TWS job schedulers.
- Played major role in fixing the SIT defects and do the code.
- Have knowledge on agile terminology.
- Performance tuning and Optimization to improve performance across multiple systems.
- Problem solving and resolution of test issues.
- Developed and executed automated test confidential for Functional testing.
- Change request Code changes, Unit testing, QA support and deployment.
- Ensure development is performed to the specifications.
- Bug fixing in production support, implementation support, development and implementation of Change requests activities.
- Worked extensively on test plans, perform unit and integration testing of software.
- Work closely with development teams in Malaysia to ensure project timelines are met.
- Develop thorough test cases (normal and exception) and fully test programs using standard accepted practices for unit testing and system testing.
- Developed Ezetrieves to help testing procedures.
- Coded mainframe development assignments in COBOL, modified tables in DB2, created job cards in JCL to run batch jobs, and modified online screens using CICS.
- Executed cleanups from production data analysis.
- Support the smooth implementation and Change to the existing application, Application enhancement.
- Successful Application support, Issue resolution, Production / UAT batch Support, Performance Tuning and optimization.
- Involved in design discussions, coding, unit testing, UAT support, Implementation support and warranty support.
- Performed Impact analysis of the system as part of enhancement work.
- Developed and executed automated test JCLS for Functional testing and testing of the mainframe application.
- Analyzing the existing business logic involved and analyzing the change requests.
- Documentation of existing application.
- Testing the program with all possible test cases (regression testing).
- Lead in Batch Operations team and handling of the production batches.
- Support in Batch scheduling, triggering a batch, monitoring using various batch scheduler tools like CA7, Abend resolution and Statistics report generation.
- Modified and tested SQL code and use File-Aid DB2 to retrieve and update tables per customer specifications.
- Responsible for correct versioning of code by creating and moving the requests using Endevor.
- Status Reporting and Responsible for the final delivery.