- I have been a Mainframe Cobol programmer for over 25 years. Even though I have had some leadership positions, I have always been considered by my peers as an excellent programmer and analyst.
- I know how to help design systems and consolidate systems.
- I have over 10 years of conversion experience and designed and wrote most of the code to consolidate Confidential 's Sales Compensation Systems across the country to one cost efficient system.
- I have been a Mainframe Developer for over 15 years of my IT Career.
- I have worked with TSO/SPF and JCL for over 25 years and very familiar with Endeavor, Changeman and SQL.
- I have over 6 years’ experience with DB2 and 5 years’ experience with Confidential .
- I have been always successful in whatever project that I have worked on and believe in working hard and accomplishing the goals of the project.
- Wrote all conversion programs for the Cash Strata project in DB2 and Cobol .
- Helped to resolve a lot of Tax Audit Work Requests.
- Wrote a Cobol program to create a new Tax Process for a Work Request.
IBM Mainframe, AS - 400, UNISYS, Tandem, MVS, IMS DB, Roscoe, DB2, Confidential, TSO/SPF, NDM, Panvalet, ISAM, VSAM, File Aid, PWS, Cobol, Cobol 2, MVS Cobol, Assembler, PL/1, Easytrieve Plus, Visio Project, Visio Diagrams, MS Project, SDLC, Microfocus Cobol, SAS, Focus, Clist, Z/OS, MVS/OS, Changeman, Endeavor, Expeditor, Unisys, ESP, CA7, FTP, NDM, Gener-ol, Abend-aid, SQL, Strobe, Gradequick, Edline, Sagebrush, Movie Maker, Excel, ICONFIG, QMF, RAFT, PowerBuilder, Spufi, Detail Design Plan, Unit Test Plan, Data Warehouse, PEN, TPX, SAR, INSYNC, Lotus Sametime, PACE, Primavera, File Handler, VM, CMS
Confidential, Maitland, Fl
- Wrote a program to create test data for the J.P. Morgan Chase / Bank Of America, Financial / Billing System..
- Added over 5000 lines of Cobol code to create new DB2 repository records and reports..
- Helped modify the JPMC Confidential screens.
Confidential, Temple Terrace, FL
- Wrote the Conversion Programs for the Confidential Strata Cash Project in DB2/Cobol.
- Set up and ran Unit and System testing for Strata Conversion Project.
- Wrote Testing Scenario for Conversion.
- Wrote Detail Designs for the Strata Project.
- Changed some of the Confidential interface programs.
Confidential, Temple Terrace, Fl
- Working on major initiatives for the Arbor to Ribs Billing conversion.
- Setting up an environment for testing work requests for the CBSS to Frontier Billing conversion.
- Working Billing Work Request and IR’s modifying Cobol and DB2 code.
- Wrote a new Cobol program to create a new Tax Process for a Work Request.
Confidential, Temple Terrace, Fl
- Worked on a major initiative to expand a critical field for the Arbor to Ribs Billing conversion.
- Set up an environment for an initiative that is adding four new DB2 tables to the Confidential Billing system.
- Four new bill line type records are being created along with adjustments to current DB2 tables.
- Helped set up all the DB2 tables, helped code for the new DB2 table, Confidential mapsets, and Cobol changes.
- Started with the testing. This major effort is for the Arbors to Ribs conversion.
System Administrator / Computer Teacher
- Utilized my teaching decree to teach Pre-k through 8th grade different software products ranging from Microsoft Word for the Pre-k and Kindergartners, to Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Windows Movie Maker to Grades 3 through 8. problems in the school.
- In charge of taking care of the server and all the computers and computer problems in the school.
- Through my efforts, one of parents donated $20,000 to remodel the computer room. I was very influential in the remodeling.
- Install new versions of Gradequick and Edline, Easytech, and other various learning packages.
- I was in charge of all the media equipment and setting the media equipment up.
Advisory System Engineer/Project Manager
- No matter what title I had with Confidential I still wrote a lot of Cobol Programs and created and Updated JCL. I used Panvalet for Change Management and TSO/ISPF,
- Lead of an International Cellular Roaming Project with Brazil.
- Installed the Confidential Access Cellular System in Brazil including software conversion, testing and installation.
- Gathered and wrote requirements and set up test systems and solved IR's and DPSR's.
- Was in charge of 10 contractors.
- Used Visio Project and Visio diagram to help define the project.
- Followed standard SDLC procedures.
- Converted Focus programs to Cobol Programs to help save contractual costs.
- Perform Y2K testing for the Nordic Compensation System including both Fact and Enterprise testing.
- Created test scripts for Y2K auditing.
- Was the first approved by the Confidential auditors as being fully compliant in March of 1999
- Lead a large consolidation project combining three major sales compensation systems into one sales compensation system.
- Gathered and wrote the Requirements and lead the design, analysis, coding and testing for the combining of the sales compensation systems to one. Followed full SDLC procedures.
- Gathered and wrote the Requirements and lead the design, analysis, coding and testing for the combining of the Citizen Extract System from 6 programs to one program. Followed full SDLC procedures.
- Was in charge of 8 employees and contractors.
- National Test Facility/System Analyst assigned to the Regression testing team to set up test scripts and automated the system.
- Gathered and wrote Requirements, Designed, Coded, and Tested Clists and Programs to help automate Confidential 's National Facility Release Testing Process.
- Set up fileaid jobs for the Usage Support team to do conversions for several states.
- Automated the Solar set up procedures through Clist.
- The Clist consist of Cobol 2 program, fileaid and clist file manipulation.
- Wrote fileaid jobs to cleanup regression files for Usage Support Group.
- Performed development and testing and was in charge of testing DPSRs.
- Ran the offline and monitored the on line systems.
- Solved abends and assisted with system problems.
- Wrote Clist that would automate the conversion of releases and would set up an Abend tracking system by job or abend.
- Responsible for running usage, service orders, Database Verifications, Cash, Billing, Billing verifications and analyzing those results.
- We would determine the problems and analyze whether the problems were a data problem, set-up problem, or an actual programming problem.
- I figured out how to run two similar test environments within one IMS region.
- Worked with several IR's and DPSR’s. While working with Prg,
- Worked on the CABS system modifying Cobol Programs through IR’s and DPSR’s.
- Became familiar with all the programs and made several changes to the Cobol Generator.
- Looked at pricing plans and determined if problems stemmed from program changes or pricing changes.
- Worked on the major conversion of Aetna's Confidential Part B System to Confidential 's System.
- Converted 8 states over to the Confidential System. The conversion team received the Personal Best Group by Confidential because of their work and success of the project. Worked with Cobol2 and Easytrieve.
- Worked on the HCFA requirement and helped developed a system that would monitor physician patient charges.
- Helped Blue Cross and Blue Shield to be the first carrier in the south to obtain a 100% in Confidential Part B price loading.
Project Manager/Project Lead/Mainframe Development/System Analyst/Business Analyst
- Responsible for maintaining and new development of Facility Automation, which was on the mainframe.
- Also, responsible for 14 programmers.
- Involved in the initial design and programming of the project.
- Gathered and wrote Requirements. Designed, Coded and Tested the On-line Forms Tracking System for Confidential that initially tracked the hardware in each one of the facilities.
- Gathered and wrote Requirements. Designed, Coded and Tested the On-line Problem Analysis System for Confidential that is used to capture any facility problems that are reported to our Help desk..
Business Analyst/Programmer Analyst
- Developed a Confidential cost report for individual states.
- Implemented several on-line modules to compliment the old Confidential system.
- Designed, Coded, and Tested a Security System for the Confidential System.
- Responsible for changes to the on-line account receivable system.
- Worked with users to design a more efficient and user-friendly on-line account receivable error recycle system.
- Responsible for rewriting, testing and implementing the new Account Receivable System in December 1987.
Sr. Programmer Analyst/Business Analyst
- Responsible for the development of an on-line balance file refresh system for the ATM and Manned Teller common balance files.
- Installed the on-line manned teller system, which was purchased from Northstar and brought up our first bank in January 1986.
- Wrote specifications and programs for the manned teller batch reporting system which was marketed by Northstar across the country.
- Made changes to the IPC (Information Processing Corporation) ATM Authorization system, IPC Plastic Control System and the ATM balance Files Refresh system.
- Added a new transaction to the ATM Authorization system for the addition of Essex Bank.
- Played a major role in the conversion of Union and Berkshire Banks to the ATM and PCCS systems.
- Wrote the specifications and programs for a marketing system to keep track of ATM transactions on a monthly basis.