- 14+ years of IT Experience.
- Strong Expertise in COBOL, DB2, CICS,JCL, SQL, File - Aid, CICS, XPEDITOR, TSO/ISPF, Z/OS.
- Experience in Java, MyBatis, GitHub, XML, Jenkins, Junit, IntelliJ, Maven, WebSphere.
- Good exposure in BMC tools for DB2, Apptune, File-Aid, CA-7, Endevor, Confidential, CLIST, Easytrieve and Insync
- Expert in Cobol DB2 SQL Programming and SQL tuning.
- Experience in working with DB2 Utilities - Apptune, BMC Load, Freeze Frame etc.
- Hands on experience in providing production support of DB2-COBOL-CICS applications .
- Experienced in Full SDLC cycle in both Waterfall and Agile models.
- Knowledge of BigData skills - Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Scala.
- Good analytical skills and ability to work independently and with a team
Confidential, Towson, MD
Environment: DB2, COBOL, JCL, Endevor, Insync, MQ Series, JAVA, Eclipse, IntelliJ Junit, Eclipse, Maven
- Coding and testing of COBOL-DB2 batch modules and their testing and implementation support.
- Coding and testing of CICS modules interacting with Java midtier modules.
- Analyzing cics data service module issues reported in the test region and provide fix.
- Create DDL and DML for DB2 table changes.
- Create documentation for the testing in Quality Center.
- Working on fixing defects assigned in batch and cics modules.
Lead Data Developer
Environment: DB2, COBOL, JCL, Control-M, MFE, Endevor, Insync, JAVA
- Development of COBOL-DB2 batch modules and their testing and implementation support.
- Design, test and implement batch JCL which involves PROC, GDG’s and FTP.
- Review the Control-M scheduling for the batch jobs with the scheduling team.
- Coding and testing of new Cobol DB2 Stored Procedures.
- Creating DB2 Load JCL's for loading batch data to DB2 tables.
- Tuning SQL in long running jobs using Apptune, Freeze Frame etc.
- Provide production support for JCL batch run of DB2 Cobol modules.
Onsite Coordinator/Tech Lead
Environment: COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, File-Aid, XPEDITOR
- Automation of Monthly Balance info for Social Security Administration - Social Security Administration used to request for the balance of selected accounts on the beginning of every month for a period of two years.
- This data used to be provided by another department by manually calculating from the transactions and statement.
- A new functionality was created that will fetch the data from various transaction tables and calculate the balances.
- The project was done mainly in SAS(Statements and Advices System).
- My involvement was mainly in the design and UAT and Implementation support.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Onsite Coordinator/Tech Lead
Environment: COBOL, JCL, File Manager, Endevor, CA-7, QC, Visio
- My responsibilities included coordination between offshore team and Confidential technical team
- Designing, coding and various phase of testing as needed, Discussing business requirements with business users and Confidential technical team, act as SME for SIT/UAT, pre and post Implementation phases.
Team Lead/Technical Lead
Environment: COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, File-Aid, Endevor, VSAM, Confidential
- Responsibility includes coordinating with HTS partners, provide functional and technical expertise to the team members and reviewing the results.
- Also involved in the conversion of some of the existing CLIST used for automation of several batch job tasks used in the development environment to Confidential routines.
Environment: COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, File-Aid, Confidential
- Responsibilities involved providing functional expertise to the team members and involve in the coding and testing of the different modules.
- Ondemand is a system that handles the storage and retrieval of Archived statements.
- Ondemand is a third party package from Confidential .
- I was involved in the No harm testing for the new version of Ondemand.
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
Environment: COBOL, JCL, File Aid
- I was involved in the front line support of systems. Confidential is dealing with online data entry for rejected transactions.
- It had a user base of 3000.
- It consists of mainly CICS screens and some batch programs. I was responsible for quickly analyzing and solving queries or technical difficulties faced by users.
- In the SAS(Statements and Advices System) area, the involvement was in the analysis, design and implementation of Flagship Project Wealth Summary.
- Wealth Summary project consisted of some changes to the format and addition of new functionality to the existing Quarterly Wealth Summary Statement provided to Premier Customers.
- The Offshore team consisted of 6 members.