APPLICATION SYSTEMS: Manufacturing, Alpha Omega System, SBT Accounting, User - Defined Ad Hoc System.
APPLICATION MODULES: Purchase Order, AP, Order Entry, Credit Check, SO, AR, Cost Accounting, RMA, Inventory, Demand Forecasting.
DEVELOPMENT TOOLS: IMS/MVS, OS/390, z/OS, TSO/ISPF, SDF, VTAM, ROSCO, CONDOR, MUSIC, PDL(Print Description Language), DJDE(Dynamic Job Description Entry), IDT, M4IN, EXPEDITOR, EZTRIEVE, SPUFI, IDCAM, MQ Series, ENDEVOR, QMF, FileAid, SORT, JOBSCAN, ChangeMan.
LANGUAGES: MicroFocus COBOL/CL, COBOL/COBOL II/JCL/DB2/VSAM, CICS, Endevor, SPUFI, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Shell Scripts, HTML, Visual Basic, GW-Basic, Clipper, ADA, GC Lisp.
DATABASE: IMS/DB/DC, DB2, Oracle, Access, OS/MVS, DOS/VSE, RDBMS.
PLATFORMS: IBM 9672, AS/400, IBM 3090, HP 9000/HP-UX, IBM 4381, Sun, Linux shell scripting, Unix/SCO UNIX, DOS, CDC Cyber 170/370, XEROX 4890 laser printer, OS/390.
MS OFFICE & OTHERS: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL Server, Visio.
Confidential, McLean, VA
COBOL/DB2/JCL Mainframe Developer
- Application development, maintenance activities involved in Mainframe Platform migration. Requirements Analysis, Design, Coding, Reviews, Unit testing. Deployments in various regions(UNIT, INTG, PROD). Support to Migration activities, Integration Testing. Support User Acceptance Testing, Production Implementation activities, Warranty support.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution. Adhere to Software Development Life Cycle Standards (SDLCS) and applicable Data and Technology Services Policies and Standards.
- Update/change programs in CM(ChangeMan) package.
- Analyze COBOL/DB2/JCL programs and resolve technical issues. Multi-task and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Support existing applications, modifying/enhancing elements with current needs, and implementing the changes necessary as the needs of the business unit’s change.
Confidential, East Norringston, PA
AS/400 COBOL Application Developer
- Design, develops, maintains complex COBOL programs to support business requirements.
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents highly complex computer programs based on user requests.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Develop functionalities & support applications, r espond to incident tickets as assigned as part of a production support responsibility, follow a repeatable methodology in the development, test & assist on installation of application software and adheres to quality standards.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Analyzing DB2 tables to purge by Group/Contract ID/Sub CONT ID criteria for government dental insurance.
- Billing purge management, determination of backup/restore requirements, monitoring, incident management, maintenance, production support, M4IN/IDT/ENDEVOR.
- Conduct research, create plan, update/change DB2 tables and files to address issues . Analyze business and functional requirements and provide IT solutions. Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria. Analyzing, planning, and developing technical solutions . Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. Perform data analysis and develop recommendations to resolve Incidents or address service requests.
Confidential, Columbus, GA
COBOL/JCL/IMS/MVS/TSO/ISPF Programmer Analyst Sr. - FCS NA IT
- Manage aspects of COBOL/JCL mainframe designing, coding, testing, troubleshooting, integrating, implementing and maintaining COBOL applications based on business and system requirements in IMS hierarchical database environment..
- Weekend and evening on-call support as needed 24/7 system support, batch processing, production support.
- Work within an agile team to include business analyst, test analysts, application developers and client counterparts to design and deliver new products or capabilities in an iterative, continuous fashion.
- Be accountable for assisting in the gathering and verification of functional requirements, review of architectures and designs, adherence to standards, and developing and implementing strategies for validating that the target requirements have been adequately addressed.
Confidential, Jackson, MS
- Manage aspects of COBOL/JCL/DB2 mainframe code writing, testing, troubleshooting and transfer to AS/400 iSeries COBOL/CL/IMS DB production. Assured COBOL, DB2 code, reports are observed by various agencies’ subject matter experts. Applied COBOL programming experience to C&F insurance environment to identify value-added features.
- Test IMS DB in AS/400 environment. Modify COBOL/CL programs to integrate the acquision of C&F insurance company.
- Convert and test Easytrieve reports to COBOL in iSeries environment to consolidate report data supplied by client to enable to work errors quicker.
- Evaluate, develop, maintain, implement, modify, production support and document system software in business application COBOL/DB2 environment. Provide technical assistance to end-users.
Confidential, Houston, TX
COBOL Programmer Analyst/Inventory Control/Mainframe Tester
- Excellent analytical skills in business and batch processing application environment with complex contractor/client integrated organizations.
- Provide quick and accurate functional assistance, Application Lifecycle Management and tech support to client, operations, and team members.
- Interact with managers in different department and meet client’s expectations and deadlines during an implementation process or during operational support.
- Provide technical leadership to small teams of COBOL application developers. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a production COBOL/JCL/DB2 environment.
- Maintaining, coding, testing, debugging, documenting & implementing COBOL to provide solutions for industrial business applications.
Confidential, Corona, CA
Sr. Programmer Analyst/IT Project Leader
- Creating, maintaining, and supporting COBOL applications alongside a team of industry leading COBOL developers. Use DB2 to support applications RDBMS requirements. Production support.
- Communicate with clients & support end users. Perform cost benefit and feasibility analyses related to the modification of existing computer-based information system in COBOL/DB2.
- The maintenance and support of information system of COBOL/DB2 application programs, the implementation of new system in IBM Mainframe TSO/ISPF environment. Work on utility EZTRIEVE, IDCAM, ENDEVOR, EXPEDITOR.
- Assisted EDI programmer integrating data to user interface inhouse Alpha-Omega System in COBOL and compliant mapping. Matching transaction acknowledgements to the original documents.
- Tuned up and improved the performance of Alpha Omega System (MicroFocus COBOL). Resolved problems and developed new solutions for specific in house applications in COBOL/DB2.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
Sr. Programmer Analyst/DP Automation Project Leader
- Analyzing, coding, testing, documenting and implementing tax application enhancements in IBM Mainframe and AS/400 environments.
- Development/maintenance of CICS/COBOL/DB2/SQL, CL, OS/JCL VSAM in IBM IMS/MVS. Production support, developing business rules. Design, modify, implement business applications.
- Extensive DB2 database implementation. Perform database maintenance. Requirement validation, analysis, design, programming, documentation, unit/integration testing and acceptance testing support, and production support.
- Strong analytical and coding skills on large and complex on-line and batch mainframe applications. Deep knowledge and experience in COBOL II applications with state and federal interfaces required.