- Mainframe Developer with extensive experience developing MVS COBOL batch and online applications, and REXX analysis and programming.
- Comprehensive background in software development life - cycle areas from requirements gathering, analysis and conceptual design through architecture and implementation .
- Recognized for reducing company expenses through automating manual processes by serving as subject matter expert.
- Strong interpersonal communication, mentoring and tutoring skills.
- Demonstrated core strengths include analysis of manually intensive processes, design and coding of automated solutions including Change Deployment, Change Management, Scheduling, Coding Standards Enforcement and automated mass changes to production JCL.
Operating Systems: DOS/VSE, MVS z/OS, Microsoft Windows
Software / Languages: COBOL, REXX, Eztrieve, SAS, SQL, ISPF File Tailoring Services, CA Service Desk, Endevor, CICS, IBM Utilities, VSAM, ProJCL, Visio, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Waterfall and Agile Development
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Worked on SAS retirement from the mainframe project, converting the SAS code to the format needed to execute in a UNIX client/sever environment.
- Developed mainframe student loan servicing applications in COBOL and DB2 using Agile development discipline.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Worked on Validation testing team for COBOL IDMS to DB2 conversion of records tracking and updating of Social Security Recipients on the WBDOC team.
- Automating manual update process of DB2 database utilizing REXX.
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
- Developed mainframe healthcare processing applications in COBOL and DB2 using Agile development discipline.
- Wrote a REXX procedure to automate the cloning effort to facilitate the implementation of processing for a new client. This eliminated the possibility of human error in the cloning process and reduced the development time dramatically. It could then be tweaked and reused for other cloning needs.
- Created a process using REXX to add new dataset definitions to the system catalog when implementing processing for a new client which read the output of the job flow error scan to find missing dataset definitions. Built a job to define the datasets to the catalog which eliminated a good deal of manual effort and possibility of human error.
Confidential, York Haven, PA
- Started business cleaning tile and grout floors, concrete, carpeting, upholstery, brick and vinyl siding for commercial and residential customers.
- Developed and implemented marketing plans which built the business in 2 years. ed “Thumbtack Best of 2015 for Customer Reviews” .
Confidential, Hunt Valley, MD
- Eliminated thousands of manually intensive man-hours/year through designing, coding, testing and implementing processes triggered by files which were submitted clients via SFTP. Built and submitted production jobs, processing requested updates additions / modifications or deletions to master billing rate VSAM file.
- Reduced developer man-hours and human error by designing, coding and testing process scanning thousands of COBOL Working-Storage 88 level definitions, ensuring instantaneous and 100% accuracy of results.
- Eliminated the need for extensive manual effort and reduced man hours by designing, coding and testing a process which built a team on-call schedule.
Senior Application Architect
- Facilitated design, development, testing and maintenance of software, automating manual processes.
- Enhanced vendor software such as CA-Endevor and ProJCL, via external program calls, altering software functionality fulfilling Confidential environment requirements.
- Performed corporate data processing standards software updates used for production implementation of applications software.
- Customized and executed ProJCL software, effecting mass changes on production JCL, facilitating seamless system software upgrades or changes as well as standards enforcement.
- Designed, developed, tested and maintained software, automating manual processes for Change Deployment, Change Management, Scheduling, Data Transmissions, QA Testing and Applications Development teams, eliminating manual effort and reducing time and expense.
Technical Systems Architect Consultant
- Assisted constructing, testing and maintenance of credit card processing test systems.
- Designed, developed, tested and maintained software enforcing corporate data processing standards.
- Executed design, maintenance and coding for Microsoft Access Databases.
- Utilized REXX programming (self-educated), facilitating implementation of standards enforcement software critical in environment, allowing mass changes of production JCL (dataset names, DB2 subsystems) for testing “test nomenclature” JCL production/test shared DASD environment.
- Collaborated with Change Management, Change Deployment and System Programming teams interfacing standards enforcement software with Endevor change system, facilitating enforcement of corporate standards on JCL installed into production.