- Extensive Knowledge in Mainframes Environments.
- Experience with analysis, review and decomposition of business requirements, 15 yearsInsurance Industry. (Underwriting, Claims).
- Strong managerial and organizational skills to identify Priorities while multi-tasking and flexible in the performance of the job responsibilities.
- Highly motivated and committed to ensure the stability of business,and continuousimprovements and growth.
- Developed an in-depth understanding of assigned products and the associated technologies and ensure that is maintained & extended to the team throughout the product cycle.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including negotiation, motivation, and relationship management. Building strong team and define success in terms of the whole team.
- Ability to translate and communicate highly technical concepts, information, plans, and procedures to both highly technical personnel and non-IT business users.
- Work independently and professionally with all levels in the organization.
Operating Systems: Z/OS, MVS, VSE/ESA, VM, UNIX, Windows XP/NT, 2000, XP, OS400
Languages: COBOL 370, COBOL II, AS400 COBOL/RPG , PL/1 EZTrieve, JCL, Mainframe, COBOL, Assembler, SAS, DYL280
Databases: DB2,IMS,IDMS,SUPRA, TOTAL
Hardware: OS/390MVS, RS6000, AS400,Black / White box testing
Tools: CICS, ISPF, JES2, LES3, PL/SQL Platinum, VSAM, VTAM, ISAM, IDCAMS, SPUFI, QMF, BMS, MQ series, Expediter, ZEKE, CA7, ESP, FILEAID, FileManager, DumpMaster, Librarian, Changeman, Endeavor, ICCF, DL/I, FTP, NDM, SSH,XML, EDI, RACF, ACF2, CECI, EDF, ROSCO, OMEGAMON, SYSVIEW, CA VIEW, Peregrine(service center), REMEDY, REXX, IEBGENER, IEFBR14, Clarity, LOTUS Notes, Quality Center, QTP, Dimensions, Stored Procedure, SDSF, ICE, SYNCSORT, MS EXCEL, WORD, CLARITY.
Confidential, Aug 2012 - Present
- Worked on two separate Server migration projects, PCDG Samba and Verona 1045D and successfully completing both. Utilizing Changeman created Test and QA packages and checkout components for each NDM JCL/PROC. Modified each component based on business requirement by incorporating NDM Parameters including folders PNODE/SNODE to comply with sending and receiving Nodes when mainframe files are transferred electronically throughout HSBC global partners, utilizing CA7 executed NDM runs in QA environment with successful results confirming successful file transfer utilizing online NDM. Participated in weekly meeting to identify issues and make necessary correction to insure successful migration results.
- Modified COBOL IMS/DB2 program for Breach Letter enhancement project (CII application), modified COBOL copy books to incorporate Address changes, created Chamngeman package, tested and verified change results, created Unit test plan and Unit test results on Excel forms, Participated in weekly status meeting to identify any possible obstacle or show stoppers, documents all results into Lotus Notes application repository for future referral. Monitored and verified successful execution of changes in QA environment, obtain signoff and requested to move into production.
Environment: Z/OS , TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL II , DB2, IMS, VSAM, NDM, SPUFI, FM,Changeman.
Confidential, June 2010 - Aug 2012
Sr. Mainframe Contractor (Remote).
- Enhanced and Modified DB2/CICS Online Cobol source code for various IBM accounts, conducted Unit testing to verify logic accuracy and results, assisted developers to debug failed COBOL DB2 programs by utilizing DB2 Xpeditor, analysed and manipulated data quality on flat files by utilizing FileManager and Cobol copybooks.
- Made enhancement to COBOL IMS and DB2 (design/debugging/coding ) batch source code for inventory application, incorporated pricing segments in IMS database to identify unit value for Caterpillar inventory accounts, performed Unit testing for each module within entire logic process, created Excel spread sheet anddocumented results for QA team.
- Modified COBOL/DB2 programs for Yearend retail sales and expense project for various IBM accounts, modified and expanded expense code for location, updated flat files to reflect changes, created DB2 tables and DCLGENSin test environment for sales accounts to be used by Supply/Chain applications.
- Modified Customer inquiry CICS screens based on user requirement by adding new expanded account field, modified existing fields for MDT, add new function keys to print customer account information in remote locations, documented complete process and functionality to be utilized for future enhancements by developmentteam.
- Modified PROCS to incorporate FTP and NDM process for daily batch processing, Utilizing Lotus notes created links for System Integrations, Walkthrough and QA testing processes. Created test PROC/JCLs and Load libraries on test platformto be utilized by developers when running parallel testing against production using test files.
- Used FM(File manager) to verify Flat and GDG Financials file format specifying fields changed before and after, took screen shots, created Excel document to be utilized by financial team.
- Worked with accounting department focusing to correct individual account error deductions, unapplied cash, debit memo by utilizing SPUFI/QMF to create queries, verify results then updating DB2 financial tables and made necessary recommendations and documented on share drive.
- Used Platinum(SPUFI/QMF) to run Ad Hoc queries on inventory tables, verifying date and timestamp for each shipment accounts, creating Excel files to be reviewed by Shipping.
- For Production support established documentation processes by evaluating Operations history Log file to verify and evaluate production Abend codes and issues, created support log file to assist development team to respond with minimum time when on call during production support process.Monitored production job scheduling and execution elapsed time, verified successful job return codes and duration to provide operation and opportunity to restructure job scheduling where appropriate.
- Modified PROCS to incorporate FTP and NDM process for daily FTP processing, Utilizing Lotus notes created links for System Integrations, Walkthrough and QA testing processes.
- Provided 24/7 on call support for production delivery.
Environment: Z/OS , TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL II , DB2, VSAM, DBU, GDG, CICS, SyncSort, JES2, JES3,SPUFI,QMF,EDI,SFTP, SDSF, CA View, IDCAMS, IEBGENER, File Manager,
Confidential, Jan 2010 - May 2010
Sr. Contractor Mainframe
- Monitor and executed commands on PL/SQL for daily jobs scheduling, verified execution of each segment and chunk associated with every execution, allocated memory on UNIX and applied patches for space and rerun the daily retail inventory jobs.
- Created Test data using XML SPY for Inventory project based on XML standards, Transformed data to users proprietary output format to be validated After testing and moved to production.
- Assisted Oracle database architect evaluating database snapshots, table partitions for Oracle 10g for JAVA middle layer applications and Oracle as back end support of Kohl's retail stores.
- Scheduled Daily jobs on ESP, verified dependencies of each job based on predecessors and successors, coordinated with operations utilizing Lotus Notes, documented elapsed time for each executions to evaluate by operations.
- Help Oracle DBA to conduct query tuning, database design review, evaluated query results against Mainframe GDG files to maintain compatibility, created Excel document and submitted to Quality Assurance team.
Environment: Z/OS, OS/390,TSO/ISPF,JCL, JES2, COBOL II, ESP, DB2, PL/SQL, QMF, SPUFI, PL/SQL, XML, ORACLE, VSAM.
Confidential, Nov 2007 - Dec 2009
Sr.Contractor (Project Lead)
- Lead 5 member mainframe team in process of converting FileAid Batch JCL jobs to FileMgr. Modifying production/user jobs by eliminating referenced to FileAid and replacing with FileManger's executable options and appropriate PROCS which was critical objective of this conversion.
- Created template and process on how to validate data integrity on converted FileManager files after final process in compliance with Quality Control and Quality assurance standards, conducted meeting with conversion off shore team on weekly bases to identify and verify every concerns and be able to address on timely manner.
- Directed 3 member team of developers of Credit Cycle project involving unsecured and secured consumer lending products and modified existing COBOL CICS/DB2 programs and batch JCL runs for Credit function applications in commercial Debt collection, created reports and files to be utilized by Risk Management team.
- Design and implemented JCL Conversion standards/procedures for Development team to conduct Manual and online conversion process using REXX and IBM customized conversion tools, Worked as liaison with IBM performance technicians on site to monitor and verify conversion changes, conducted meeting and provided evaluation reports for further data validation and corrections process.
- Worked with 3rd party offshore providers and Quality assurance teams to obtain status information, scheduled evaluation process for Conversion project and implemented corrective action based on conversion results, established standards as guideline to prevent duplication process.
- Create Test Libraries (JCL/PROC/LOAD) on Mainframe for Quality Assurance team for regression testing for batch Production Jobs.
- SetupVSAM KSDS data sets using IDCAMS define Cluster options, calculated CI size of 4096 bytes based on percentage of free space on each CI to accommodate large data.
- Document all expected test results on Excel spread sheet, loading to share drive to be utilized as references by QA team. Logging defects and issues in Mercury Quality Center creating reports, conducting meetings with team leads to update progress.
- Assist and directed team members to conduct Unit and System testing process to test and verify COBOL codes and logic functions utilizing FileAid and Xpediter.
Environment: Z/OS, OS/390,TSO/ISPF, JCL, JES2, COBOL II, PROC, GDG, DB2, FILEAID, FILEMGR, SDSF, CICS, VSAM, LISTCAT, IDCAMS, CA View, ComapreX, REXX, NDM, FTP.
Confidential, Las Vegas Nov 2006 - Nov 2007
Sr. Mainframe Consultant
- Converted RM Cobol programs to Cobol II, created test platform for Source/JCL/Procs along with test libraries, conducted unit and system test to verify statement and logic changes and finally moved to production.
- Setup Batch and online NDM banking transaction files that contained information on available funds for each recipient along with court order release amount allowed for each recipient then using Easytrieve created reports to be verified by PublicGuardian caseworker.
- Verify user screens (Public Guardian/Public Administration) for Functional Keys make appropriate changes to PF keys using RM/ COBOL and converted to CICS COBOL II source.
- Trained and Supervised Public Administrations case workers and users on newly designed screens for recipients of state assisted programs for low income families, set up query process using QMF against DB2 tables for Ad Hoc inquires.
- Supported production problems for Public Administration office on daily check processing issues by installing new software packages and upgrading existing once.
- Participated in direct problem definition and problem resolution activities within accounting and administration teams and provided support on check issuance andprocessing.
- Assisted less experience developers to modified CICS DB2 online and batch programs for Unit and System Testing. Validate data records created on Flat files using File-Aid with copybook option, Create Excel spread sheet to be reviewed by QA team.
- As team lead, developed and implemented test plans/strategies using Quality Center created test plans, test reports and other metrics applicable to project with defect tracking, assign Jr. Quality assurance team member's process tracking requirements.
Environment: OS/390, MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Panvalet, JES2, PROC, COBOL II, Mercury QC, NDM, PROC, GDG,DB2, SPUFI, QC, FILEAID, SDSF, CLIST, EDI, CA7, IMS, CICS, VSAM, ICE, IDCAMS, NDM, EASYTRIEVE Plus, Endeavor, FTP.
Confidential, Dec 2003 - Oct 2006
- Managed the development team for HIPAA, NPI (national provider identification) and FEB (Federal employee Benefit) government mandated regulations project for drug prescription. Verified all codes applied on generic drug prescription in DB2 tables utilizing QMF.
- Develop New Stored Procedure source code and process utilizing COBOL, DB2 as backend and JAVA as front end application forpricing project.
- Created Linkage to provide JAVA applications Drug Pricing data for JAVA based screens and provided JAVA team Excel Spread sheet with detail specification on receiving data.
- Used SPUFI and modified COBOL DB2/IMS programsto extract and update DB2 table records based oncoinsurance cost codes provided in business requirement.
- Verified prescription eligibility code changes on DB2 tables utilizing QMF and documented results on share drive to be analyzed by users.
- ModifiedDB2 batch Cobol programs for FEHBP (Federal Employees Health Benefits Program) project, modified eligibility code through a Call routine to be passed to front end JAVA screens..
- Evaluated COPAY and out-of-pocket codes for beneficiary claims based on business document and end user request.
- As a team Lead responsible for evaluating business requirements on EHCCA (Electronic Health Care Claims Attachments) along with PTSC(Proposed Transactions specification and Codes) project and converting it into technical requirements.
- For new applications created JCL/PROCs and CNTL libraries in test environment and conducted regression testing and verified end results on CICS screens and moved to QA for further testing and finally moved toproduction environment.
- Created weekly report focused on Co-pay and primary provider, tested and performs defect tracking with Quality Assurance, evaluated results against DB2 tables and moved to production.
- Created Test Libraries and VSAM KSDS data set using IDCAMS for Developmentteam along with JCLS and PROCS, loaded appropriate recipient data for Public Guardian caseworkers and scheduled it for production Batch runs.
- Organized and conducted discussions and/or meeting with development team manager for procedures to create System/Unit test functions and documentation of test results for projects, conducted Quality Assurance testing and walkthrough ensuring that quality planning, assurance and control are evident through the project life cycle to ensure the purpose of the project is met.
- Worked and collaborated with other team leads on this project to effectively design documents and put together an technical solution to help issues arising from daily file transfer NDM runs by evaluating structure of files involved, and possible transmission error codes.
- Assisted System programmer to setup Client Connect applications connect to LAN servers to perform data and protocol translation between Mainframe and LAN.
- Modified mainframe connect applications to provide access to DB2/IMS tables and Flat files and data sets. Update and remove rows based on requested time stamp.
- Debug Abended jobs by analysing Dumps in output spool searching for User/System condition codes and isolatingabendreasons.
- Monitor DB2 tables as database grow Created EXCEL spread sheet to be evaluated by DBA.
- Supported the Development team when reports are being generated by providing information regarding database schemas and data dictionaries for all databases.
- Used MQ series Messaging queues to retrieve/SendMessages from local queues utilizing MQseries-put and MQseriesget functions.
Environment: Z/OS MVS, TSO/ISP, JCL, COBOL II, DB2, SPUFI, QMF, FileAid, JES2,
ENDEAVOR,CICS,ABENDAID, SDSF, MQ series, MERCURY TEST DIRECTOR, QUALITY CENTER, FTP, NDM, EDIx12, XML-EASYTRIEVE, IMS, Micro FocusCOBOL, VSAM, QTP, RACF, CLIST, REXX, IDCAMS
Confidential, Jan 2001 - Nov 2003
Lead Contractor (System/Development)
- Train and assist Jr. Developers and promoted team work to evaluate and debug COBOL source codes and setup JCLs and Procs to conduct testing on the test platform.
- Created standards to design and develop Flat files for DATACOM project, evaluated and performed quantitative data analysis (Interpretation of numerical data)on files by creating code definition templatewithin COBOL copybooks.
- As team lead collected accurate information for use in problem analysis, trending and process verification.
- Modified and tested SASbatch programs for billing transactions, verified data files created against DB2 tables made appropriate recommendation based on feedback resulting from the testing process and maintains a record of expected versus actual test results.
- Worked with System programmer to defined CICS data sets to VSAM, modified SIT (system initialization table) for RACF and user access authority. Worked on problem determination issues utilizing CICS trace and CECI.
- Created process for Development team using job scheduler tomodify development libraries (COBOL, JCL, PROC's, PARM's, and copybooks).
- Identified job dependencies based onintermediate data file feed, and be able to utilize librariesfor file references and quickrecovery purposes.
- Held periodic teleconferences and meetings with the client project team to discuss any issues and concerns action items allocation of responsibility and scheduled resolution.
- Providestatus reports which included work projection and resource forecasting.
- Conducted meeting with business users per requirement to Enhanced and modified 15 PL/1 Batch programs for Inventory applications, including invoicing/shipping, created JCLS/GDGS and PROCS on test Platform and moved to production.
- Worked with other associates/departments to resolve customer issues, account Reconciliation Reimbursements for retroactive billing by modifying IMS/DB2 COBOL online CICS and batch programs creating files and reports for customer billing issues and resolutions.
- Lead 8 member team to for financial project to enhance Cobol batch programs adding VSAM (KSDS/ESDS) files for daily financial batch applications.
- Maintain and verify VSAM/ISAMfiles using IDCAMS utilities delete records per CA/CI size and create JCL for jobs to be run onweekly scheduled process.
- Used OMEGAMON and SYSVIEW to monitor CICS issues, transactions and abend codes on production LPARS. Document statistical reports to be evaluated by system support team.
- Supported 24X7 on call cycle for application trouble shooting solutions in a mainframe production environment.
- Reviewed abended jobs on ESP and EOS, analysed program dump storage area for error cause, using DumpMaster and AbendAidmade necessary corrections, directed operations utilizing Control-M and Control-Rfor rerun.
- Verified Flat file outputs utilizing FileAid, validated data against DB2 tables utilizing SPUFI/QMF then verified track changed data on Oracle and documented results utilizing Excel file.
- Assisted system programmer to keep networking product versions current by upgrading VTAM, SNA and TCP/IP settings.
- Applied PTF's for existing and new releases as necessary to keep software under existing maintenance agreements.
- Assist System programmer to maintain system performance level by Analysing controlling resourcesto ensure efficient resource usage.
Environment: OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL II, PL/1, IMS, DB2, EASYTRIEVE SPUFI, JES2, FILEAID, Endeavor, CICS, ABENDAID, IDCAMS, INFOPAC XPEDITER, SSO / EOS (OUTPUT), Z/OS, , RACF, FTP, NDM, VSAM, BAL, SYNC/SORT, DATACOM, CompareX , DIMENSIONS, OMEGAMON, VISUAL BASIC.
Confidential, May 1994 - Nov 2000
Sr. Contractor (Conversion)
- Modified and enhanced mainframe COBOL 370 (Batch/Online) for Order Processing System for Distribution Client. UtilizingDB2, CICS.
- As team lead participated in converting Mainframe to AS400, including convertingCOBOL programs to AS400 Cobol,and maintaining and modifyingAS400 RPG Financial application programs.
- Modified AS400COBOLprograms for IBS ASW Software (Distribution) System.
- Based on user requirements created On-Time Shipping Performance Report and
- Created Subfilesto be update on DB2 database.
- Modified and updated AS400 COBOL and RPG code for hard coded date to be in compliance with Y2K requirement, performed extensive testing on test environment and moved to production.
- Created RPG/400 and CL programs for Order Entry, Inventory Control, Account Receivable, Account Payable, and Sales Analysis Systems to replace the existing OCL procedures and RPG/II programs that interfaced with MAPICS software.
- Modified and tested Easytreive Plus programs for EDI applications to create ad hoc reports for users to Validate transmission time.
- Modified and tested Easytreive Plusprograms for EDI applications to create ad hoc reports for users.
- Modified Micro Focus Cobol Drug Prescription application to apply Eligibility codes and created reports for users.
- Involved in Production Support Training, resolved the Production abends using AbendAid, manipulated flat file data and made necessary correction using FileAid to prevent any interruption on production scheduled runs.
- Provided 24x7 On call production support on by monthly bases.
Environment: OS390, TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL 370, AS400 COBOL/RPG, DB2, VSAM, DBU, SEU, DDS, SDA, DFU, CL, Subfiles, EDI, CICS, OMEGAMON
Confidential, Oct 1978 - Mar 1994
Operation Manager/System programmer
- Trained and managed twelve computer operators on mainframe for all shifts.
- Worked with System Programmers on software upgrades, participate on VSAM KSDS database Capacity and tuning which utilized as data base.
- Maintained and monitor production and test libraries for integrity purposes made recommendations and submit reports.
- Conducted client interviews to perform analysis of client business processes and functional requirements.
- Prepared appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Evaluated and debugged Production Abendjobs resulting from COBOL Programs and JCL errors and performed necessarytrouble shootings andcorrections, identified potential scheduling issues for reruns, coordinated with operation so they can meet successful production process.
- Worked with Claims and Underwriting department managers to design and create online screens based on business and customer service requirements and needs.
- Established coverage definition codes per deductibles for all private passenger automobiles policies on KSDS database using policy number as key.
- Set-up online claims tracking system; assesses policy coverage based on policy number on Claim screen, establishes loss date as necessary, during the processing of the claim.
- Provide underwriting with agency accounting system to evaluate agency production and adjust agency commission rate in based on volume.
- Responsiblefor collecting, trending, and tracking of capacity statistics on VSAM KSDS data base, performed strategic planning of system capacity, balancing of resources and workloads, analyzing major changes on a proactive basis to determine capacity impacts to DOS/VSE environment.
- Maintained and modified Batch JCL Libraries, Cobol programs on ICCF.
- Assigned Testlibrariesto developers.
- Created backup libraries for both Production Cobol and JCL and issued separate access to operators to run production JCL jobs for daily scheduled runs.
- Modified and enhanced COBOL Batch and Online CICS/DB2 programs for underwriting team to increase Uninsured and Underinsured coverage premiums for private passenger policies.
- Performed production and test support and troubleshooting along with issues arising from job abends/system resources and application resolution on 24/7 schedule.
- Maintained and modified rate tables for private passenger and commercial vehicles based on territory/class/coverage/symbol/ageas requested by marketing team.
- Upgraded IBM systems and sub systems for VSE/ESA operating system.
- Monitored performance of the system hardware and software.
- Isolated, correctedand improved operational efficiency through changes to the software packages or reconfiguration.
- Evaluated and recommends changes to current and future system software requirements (DOS/VSE to MVS Migration) to meet the organization\'s technological needs.
Environment: COBOL, RPGII, ICCF, VSAM, BDAM, ISAM-DYL280, DOS/VSE JCL, ZEKE, EPIC, LIBRARIAN, SUPRA/TOTAL DBMS, MANTIS, IDMS, DITTO