- 20+ years of Information Technology and COBOL programming and support, including developing complex COBOL code for large internationalcorporate environments
- 15+ years in an active Business Analyst role analyzing COBOL code and writing detailed requirements
- 7+ experience with MS Office products experience including MS Word, Excel, and Access.
- Writing business rules and technical specifications, developing detailed documentation to define system processing, documenting relational database designs, andcreating data flow diagrams
- Strong understanding of data modeling, data validation and algorithms, data migrations and conversions and data warehousing
- years working in large team environments with strong written and verbal communication skills, and presentation abilities
- Experience supporting federal government DOD systems (Department of Defense) and understanding compliance requirements, designing anddeveloping DOD-specific data extracts used in government reporting
- Ability to interface with diverse staff (including international/cultural aspects) to meet goals and objectives, working with clients, business users, technical teams and senior management including supporting European and Asian clients
- Adept at training users on complex business systems
- Java Certification with knowledge of web-based application processing
- Department of Defense Security Clearance
Java 2 Programmer Certification
- COBOL, Datatrieve, VAX, VMS, DCL, CMS, MMS, Wang VS, HP3000, Suprtool
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Visio, MS Project, Microsoft Access
- System Documentation/testing/training
Confidential County Dade City, FL
OCT 2011 - CURRENT
Court Tech / Programmer/Analyst
Supporting Custom Software system.
Developed Report programs to perform verification of data on old system.
Responsible for reporting of errors prior to migration to new environment
Worked with non-vax users to address errors found and ways to fix them, documenting errors and their fix, whether it was using software to fix or fix by hand.
Dealt with users of tax deed system on documenting their system and analysis of what was necessary functionality for conversion. As well as fix and document current system errors.
Environment: COBOL, VAX/VMS, PHP
Confidential, MIAMI, FL. Apr 2008 - Aug 2011
Supporting Ecometry Software system.
Developed Suprtool programs to perform a variety of daily functions
In charge of all Vertex taxing
Interfaced with accountants on taxing, and end-users to keep abreast of taxing changes.
Moved to new vortex taxing software that needed to be analyzed before it could be implemented. Then trained users on new taxing software and performed analysis of new changes to Vortex before implementation.
Performed analysis on sales analysis reports and made then run weekly.
Designed PO input system and documented and trained users before implementation.
Environment: COBOL, HP3000, Suprtool, MS Office
Confidential, Ft. Lauderdale, FL Apr 2007 - Apr 2008
- Designing and developing Returned Goods subsystem.
- Developed part substitution processing subsystem.
- Supporting custom manufacturing system.
Environment: COBOL, VAX/VMS, DCL, MS Office
Confidential, St Louis, MO Dec 2002 - Jan 2007
Business Analyst/Consultant - Home Delivery Systems
- Designed, implemented, tested and documented member outbound processing system.
- Developed, implemented, tested and documented member inbound pre-process data validation and correction algorithm.
- Developed, implemented, tested and documented system-wide report distribution and reprint system.
- Responsible as Weekly Release Lead, working with CMS and MMS to coordinate weekly departmental program modifications.
- Coordinatedcompletion of implementation plans, Q/A acceptance and checklists between developers and release management.
- Identified reserved modules as being eligible for a particular release.
- Created and maintained spreadsheets detailing the modules, developers, changes and approvals for internal and external auditing purposes
- Coordinated, created and supplied weekly checklist of modules included in the release.
- Performed COBOL Code reviews
- Created detailed program/system requirements to support reporting and data extract projects
- Created adhoc reports and extract files to aid management in determining business needs.
- Supported clients "Pharmacy by Mail" (Mail Order) software package.
- Designed, developed, tested, implemented, documented and trained users on a DOD (Department of Defense)specific patient script and medical history viewer.
- Designed and developed DOD-specific data extracts used in government reporting.
Environment: COBOL, VAX/VMS, DCL, Video Forms, MS Office, SOX
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL Oct 1998 - Sep 2002
- Developed, implemented, and documented data extraction programs for government quality control reporting which fed the NCQA datamart.
- Developed, tested, implemented and documented an automated claims processing system.
- Redesign and document data flow for physician capitation reporting system.
- Created Access database for patient management NCQA accreditation with user documentation.
- Performed Y2K planning and implementation.
- Supported client HMO/PPO software package.
- Trained new consultants.
Environment: COBOL, VAX/VMS, DCL, MS Office, Access
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL May 1999 - Jul 1999
- Worked on project to integrate multi-locations into a consolidated manufacturing environment.
- Supported client package through ongoing maintenance and problem resolutions.
Environment: COBOL, VAX/VMS, and DCL.
Confidential, Decatur, IL Sep 1996 - Oct 1998
- Developed, implemented, tested and supported the Global Commodity Position system which recorded the CBOT position, on-hand quantities and crushing requirements through the use of reports and on-line screens.
- Worked on implementation of European financial and margin calculation systems.
- Trained analysts and clients in Germany and Holland on the ADM software application.
- Supported client package performing maintenance and troubleshooting.
Environment: COBOL, VAX/VMS, DCL
Confidential, Chicago, IL Nov 1995 - Aug 1996
- Developed and documented automated quote/contract system for metal and stone restoration business.
- Created and documented automated billing system and reporting systems.
Environment: COBOL (74 and 85), Wang VS
Confidential, New York, NY May 1992 - Oct 1995
- Developed and implemented pre-trade system and automated grouping of fiduciary deposits for private banking installation in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Enhanced custody reporting system
- Supervised programmers on-site at the Regional Head Office in Singapore.
- Assisted in the installation of custody systems throughout Asia.
Environment: COBOL (74 and 85), Wang VS, (Wang) PACE, AS400
Self-study: SQL, PHP