Software analyst with diverse industries including banking, insurance, health care and telecommunications. Functioned as Lead Analyst and Subject Matter Expert for supported applications. Successfully led efforts to reduce processing problems that resulted in enhanced performance and significant cost reductions. Supported process improvement projects leading toward CMM certification. Provided off-hours support in rotation with other team members.
Key Technical Strengths
- Computer Languages: COBOL, JCL, SQL, CICS, M204
- Databases: DB2, DMSII (Unisys), M204
- Operating Systems: MVS, Windows
- Other: MS Word, Lotus Notes, Visio, MicroFocus COBOL, Xpediter, ChangeMan, Endevor, SyncSort, Easytrieve
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT September 2008 - November 2008
Senior Software Engineer (Consultant)
Assisted in updating and adding CICS transactions.
- Successfully updated CICS DB2 transactions to a common format to comply with corporate standards.
Confidential, New Haven, CT September 2000 - September 2008
Confidential New Haven, CT September 2000 - November 2007
Confidential, New Haven, CT December 2007 - September 2008
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a process to report marketing and tracking information using both client-server and mainframe data.
- Successfully designed, coded, tested, and implemented programs to gather and centralize marketing information from M204 databases to a data warehousing application in Chicago.
- Promoted to Senior Software Engineer based on successful completion of projects, user support, and off hour support.
- Participated in a 4-year project to analyze existing systems on an M204 platform to a corporate standard COBOL/CICS/DB2/SQL platform. Designed, coded, tested, and installed programs to replicate their functionality within corporate supported products.
- Provided technical expertise to support team members on an informal Basis which improved productivity.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT August 1997 - September 2000
- Designed enhancements for Automated Eligibility applications for a large health insurer. Applications used DB2/SQL for data access.
- Participated in the effort to modify the front-end programs for a successful implementation of our Year 2000 project.
- Lead an effort to reduce production problems and overnight callouts which resulted in a major reduction of abnormal terminations from core systems. This qualified applications for a reduced rate for computer usage, resulting in a significant cost savings, as well as improved service to the end users.
Confidential, West Hartford, CT August 1995 - July 1997
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Designed, coded and tested interface programs between DB2 database and GUI, (Visual Basic), front end as part of an online client-tracking system. System was successfully deployed on schedule.
- Coded batch programs using SQL to produce reports with data extracted from DB2 tables.
Confidential - New Haven, Wallingford, CT September 1986 - February 1995
Senior Programmer Analyst
Lead analyst for the ATM (Automated Teller Machine) system at a banking service bureau. Supported multiple users at more than 30 financial institutions.
- Analyzed changes that were required post-installation, and took responsibility for the coding, testing, and implementation of those changes. Since this was a purchased package, coordinated changes with the vendor, and had many of my modifications included in subsequent releases of the system by the vendor.
- Coded software on the ATM machines as well as the host computer supporting the system.
- Increased performance of the system to comply with banking network response requirements, thereby eliminating financial penalties we had been incurring due to slow response time.
B.S., Health Services Administration.