Over seven years of experience as a Business Application Programmer Analyst in analysis, design, configuration, and development of software applications. Extensive Gentran experience and can perform any EDI related task, including mapping and translation, testing and quality control, standards development, risk assessment, development of work flow and scripts (Batch or UNIX), designing backup and recovery procedures, and creating EDI guidelines related to EDI implementation.
- Strong hands on experience developing EDI maps in Gentran Server for Windows, UNIX involving 210, 211, 214, 270, 271, 810, 812, 820, 835, 837, 850, 855, 856, 860, 940, 943, 944, 945, and 997 transactions, Inventory management and Charge backs.
- Strong knowledge of the Business Processes in GIS.
- Strong Oracle DB experience and SQL.
- Ability to research, identify and resolve EDI technical problems within needed time frames.
- Experience with communication options VANS (value-added networks) and FTP.
- Knowledge of B2B Integration Standards (X12, XML).
- Experience in working with trading/business partners to onboard them to EDI.
- Experience working with trading/business partners to research and resolve problems.
- Strong Leader/Contributor for test plan automation in Oracle Applications eBusiness Suite 11i & EDI (Gentran) area.
- Proficiency in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes like Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Excellent ability to meet commitments (Time bound and goal oriented).
- Self motivated and dedicated fast learner with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic and assertive team player with a strong inclination to improve and optimize process development and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability of working with multiple teams.
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Proven skills in relationship building, customer-focus, decision-making, and accountability.
- Experience in the EDI sub-systems - Gentran-Server, GIS for Windows, and Unix.
- Broad knowledge of Oracle, ODBC, SQL Database Knowledge.
- Very strong background in various DBMS technologies like Oracle, and MS SQL Server.
- Good understanding of XML DTDs and Style Sheets.
- Strong experience in GENTRAN, EDI, EDIFACT, SAP IDOC, XML, and UNIX scripting.
- Experience with Interface and IDOC extension development, partner profiles, and output determination.
- Good knowledge and understanding of EDI communication protocols like VAN, FTP, and SFTP.
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies.
- Experience in analyzing application requirements through Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and System Design Specifications (SDS) and translating them in to application code.
- In-depth knowledge of all QA Phases that include Manual, Functional, System, Unit, Integration, End-to-end, and Business Process testing.
- Passionate about creating the flawless quality E2E (end-to-end) customer solutions.
- Performed Data-Driven Testing, parameterized Data, created compiled Modules, and worked towards synchronizing the test run.
- Proficient in the use of Automation tools such as Mercury Testing Tools.
GENTRAN: Server 4.0/5.3/6.0/Gentran Integration Suite (GIS), Gentran: Connect Direct, Mercator 6.0, ANSIX12, ANSIX12N, EDIFACT, Visual/AI Mappers GIS, Map Editor, and Informatica (Data Transformation Studio)
ANSI X12: 204, 210, 240, 211, 810, 811, 815, 820, 824, 830, 832, 844,845, 846, 849, 850, 855, 856(ASN), 858, 860, 861, 862, 864, 865, 867, 940, 941, 943, 944, 945, 947, and 997
ANSI X12 2030, 2040, 3030, 3040, 3050, 3060, 4010, and 4030
SAP ALE/EDI IDOCS, SAP 4.6 C, and Web Methods Developer 6 & 7.1, Quality Center, and QTP
TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SOAP, AS1, and AS2 (Cyclone Interchange)
C, C++, Java/J2EE, SQL, and PL/SQL
Oracle 8i/9i/10g, and SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005
ASP, HTML, DHTML, XML, XSLT, .NET, VBScript, and Java Script
Apache, IIS, WebLogic, and Websphere
Visual Basic, AWT, and Swing
Toad, Kintana , and Oracle Applications 11i /ERP
Windows NT/XP, MS DOS, UNIX,NDM and Mainframes CNX
Defect tracking tools
Team track, Quality Center, and Bugzilla
Version control tools
CVS, PVCS, and Clear Quest
Netscape Navigator (Ver 4.5 to 6.5) and I.E (Ver 4.0 to 6.5)
Confidential,Phoneix, AZ Aug‘09 – Present
Migration Technical Data Analyst & Data Translation Mapping Specialist
- Responsible for creating all the IP and WCIT ACH customer profiles on Wells Fargo CNX system (Main Frames).
- Performed MIT testing for the assigned IP migration customers (E2E testing).
- Involved in solving the defects opened by TDAs for IP customers related to WF CNX set ups
- Involved in working on organic-existing trading partner setups and validating the customer production files.
- Involved in gathering analysis of data on Migration project like finding the gaps between the two different systems at Wells Fargo & Wachovia.
- On a day to day activity, took the responsibility to gather the specs for 820 ANSI X12 Integrated Payables to Payment Manager Application.
- Responsible in developing the code in information item field for mapping the Flat File specs for customers as per the DSD`s provided by the analysis team.
- Responsible to run the maps in Web Methods to process the acknowledgements for all the trading partners and validate the XML output files.
- Responsible for updating, deleting the account numbers as per the product request on DSD`s and made the required mapping code change on Informatica Item Field mapping tool.
- Responsible for developing the maps for various payments types (ACH- Domestic and International ACH, Check, Wires, PMP, and FDM) and process these files with customer production files.
- Responsible to convert the 820 (EDI and Flat Files) to Middle XML in Web Methods B2B tool.
- Created the Envelope service for all the 600 customers in migration project and generated the Unique CEO ID for Wachovia Ace Forms.
- Analyzed the data on Mainframes CNX and production files of the trading partners to create the ACE forms as per the Go-Live Install Dates.
- Involved in reviewing the XML generated files from Payment Manager Application.
- Developed the parser for mapping Current amount and Date Format Standard as per the 820 and 997 Implementation Guide.
- Involved in writing the testing cases for various payment types and tested the EDI and Flat Files in Dev and SIT as per the payments types for the customers.
- Trained the other team members for developing the custom maps for the trading partners.
- Involved in meetings to review the mapping specs, Gap issues and DSD`s.
- Involved in team meetings with System Analysts, Key Engineers and Draft Review committee to resolve the issues mentioned on the Gap List.
- Monitored the ACE form Review Committee and advised the team for better approach to have a successful Migration.
Environment: Mainframes, Web Methods 7.1, Informatica Data Transformation 8.6.1, Clear Quest, CVS Repository, File Validation Tool, Unix, WinSCP, Quality Center, and UltraEdit
Confidential,CA May‘08 – June’09
Sr. EDI Consultant/Project Analyst
- Responsible for translating the EDI Claims of providers through ANSI 834 map in 4010 & 3051 format into flat files on UNIX. The Claims are split into messages and send to IntelliClaim ODS. The Claim in the ODS is Used to backfill non-medical code set translations and medical code steps to HIPAA Complaints.
- Involved in requirements analysis, identification, and documentation of required system and functional testing efforts for all test scenarios (Positive and Negative).
- Adjudicated files from the Claim Systems are sent to the IntelliClaim ODS for back filling with non-medical code sets and Medical sets and clearinghouses and
- Converted to 835_XML from Cross Worlds. 835_XML data is picked up by Gentran using an adapter.
- Performed logical mapping changes for 834 and 835 transaction sets to-and-from claims and billing applications.
- Created and modified maps in Gentran server for Windows 4.0.02.
- Created and modified trading partnerships to support new entities/transactions.
- Responsible for analysis, design, development, and maintenance of EDI system using GENTAN.
- Performed on going production support for data, mapping, compliance, networking, and delivery issues.
- Setting up jobs for different transactions in batch mode, worked on Oracle for provider remit tables to insert data and modify data and used SQL to query messages and data retrieval.
- Extensively involved in the creation of test data procedures, testing the transactions for volume and functionality both on PC and UNIX environments with data driven input and shell scripts for translations.
- Extensively worked in writing BSD’s and created test cases and testing using the quality Center.
- Extensively worked in running the UNIX scripts and windows batch jobs for both HCCR and CERR with the entire 12 Claim systems and worked on HIPAA validation on 834 and 835 for all the 12 Claim systems.
- Involved in Cross Functional, End to End testing for 834 and 835 in different releases logged related defects and resolved them.
- Worked with 12 Claim systems for HIPAA validation for backfilling of Medical code sets, Non –Medical code sets, and worked on BRIO error reporting to get the Claim and remit errors.
- Developed Maps to and fro from trading partners to Internal Order Management applications (SAP IDOC’s) in supporting Delivery Order, Goods Receipt, ASN etc.
- Involved in scheduling and monitoring of SAP batch jobs processing programs.
- Experience in troubleshooting of IDOC errors.
- Generated data driven Scripts that access backend database and used SQL queries to verify the integrity of the database and also synchronization points helps to solve key problems.
Environment: Gentran Server 4.0.02, Oracle 9i, ODBC, Windows NT, UNIX (Solaris), WinSCP, Quality Center 9.0, FTP, Ultra Edit.
Confidential,CA Sep ‘07 – Mar ‘08
EDI Consultant/ B2B Engineer
- Creating new maps for various transactions using GENTRAN for both inbound and outbound transactions like 810,820,823, 850,855.
- Created DNS names for all customers.
- Changed EDI outbound UNIX scripts.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to handle transaction splitting/ consolidating by shipment bill of lading number or purchase order number.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts to automate file discards due to data errors.
- Developed UNIX based FTP routines to successfully deliver data destinations providing Guaranteed Delivery Layer.
- Mainly involved in creating maps of various transaction sets that include 810 Invoice (Outbound), 850 Purchase Order (Inbound), 843 Response to Request For quotation, and 855 purchase Order Acknowledgement (Inbound).
- Involved in the business process of the organization like interacting with various customers.
- Generated daily reports for production support.
- Created 810 Invoice weekly reports for Intuit Customers.
- Integrated Intuit Payment process with JP Morgan on different payment types likeACH, Wire Transfer, and Check Printing.
- Created comma delimiter script for the SQL Database and run the script using TOAD.
- Involved in writing test cases for the EDI maps and tested using Quality Center.
- Worked on various Inbound and Outbound processes for transaction list that includes 850, 856, 810, 844, 845, 849, 855, and 860.
- Worked on IDOC filtering, segment filtering, IDOC reduction, and extended basic IDOC type.
- Involved in IDOC monitoring, analysis, and error handling in Production system.
- Worked extensively in the configuration of XI with SAP and non-SAP systems.
- Interacted with client to gather specifications to set up a Trading Partner.
- Configured partner profiles for both inbound and outbound for various partners (Wal-Mart, Sam’s, Costco, and Staples).
- Involved in requirement analysis, identification and documentation of required system and functional testing efforts for all test scenarios (Positive and negative tests)
- Analyzed various requirement documents and developed test plans and traceability matrices.
- Developed test plan as per IEEE standards.
- Creating test cases, test scripts as per the design documents (both functional and technical designs) and coordinating Quality Center with QTP as per the design documents.
- Managed defects and issues with in-house issue tracking product (Team track).
- Wrote test plans and test cases based on business requirements and functional document.
- Reviewed the approved test runs.
- Wrote SQL statements and PL/SQL procedures.
- Developed test cases and test scripts for new product development activities.
Confidential,TX Nov ‘06 – Jul ‘07
EDI Consultant /B2B Analyst
- Excellent experience with the Warehouse & Logistics business cycle of creating advance-shipping notice, shipment creation, delivery, picking, shipping, goods issue, and billing through EDI.
- Participation in the business process of the organization.
- Responsible for gathering the specs for Characterization System module and Agents module.
- Involved in analysis, design, and development of few agents such as E-Signature, Inbox, Message Handler, and User Maintenance.
- Involved in writing PL/SQL code for Procedures, Functions and Packages to insert and retrieve the data into Message Handler, E-Signature, User Maintenance forms, and various forms across the application and from interfaces (Backend) by calling the Procedures.
- Created UNIX shell scripts and invoke them using crontab to automate daily batch processes of ETL for Customer Sales database.
- Involved In creating EDI ANSI X12 standards.
- Created various maps relevant to trading partner’s requirements.
- Involved in GAP ANALYSIS.
- Involved in Trading Partner Setup.
- Created DATA MANAGERS and UNIX Scripts.
- Wrote SQL Statements for selecting the Data and Testing.
- Provided user training and production support.
Environment: Gentran Server, AI Mapper, FTP, Oracle 9i, ODBC, Team track, Windows NT/2000, UNIX (Solaris)
Confidential,India Feb ‘03 to Sept ’06
B2B Consultant / Tester
- Created ASN (Advance Shipping Notice EDI X12 856) which comes in ANSI X12 format from trading partners.
- Validated NCPDP transactions prior to moving into production
- Created IG’s & Application descriptions based on the customer requirements.
- Implemented NCPDP v5.1 Pharmacy EDI Transactions (Real time and Batch)
- Translating the data from ANSI X12 to text format in inbound process using the translator.
- Setup process schedules to automate the translation & transmission of documents
- Sending an Acknowledgment (997 Functional Acknowledgment) to the trading partners.
- Involved in creating new Trading Partner.
Environment: Gentran Server, Oracle 8i, UNIX and Windows NT, QTP, and Test Director.
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Information