- Senior IBM Mainframe/AS400 Application developer, with 7 . 2 years of hands on experience in application development, testing and support using COBOL,JCL, DB2,IMS,stored procedures, CICS, SQL, VSAM, ICETOOL, REXX, Easytrieve, MQ Series, Endeavor,Changeman, TSO/ISPF, Coolgen, TELON,Xpeditor, MVS, SPUFI, QMF, IDCAMS,IEBCOPY,IEBGENER,IEFBR14,File - Aid, TCP/IP and MS office .
- 4 years extensive experience in AS400 iSeries, Synon/2E,CL and RPG Application Development and maintainence.
- Extensive Knowledge in requirement gathering, business analysis, design, development, implementation,Database Migration,testing,integration deployment,performance tuning, documentation and maintenance of IBM Mainframe/AS400 applications.
- Coded mainframe development assignments in COBOL, modified tables in DB2, created job cards in JCL to run batch jobs, and modified online screens using CICS.
- Developed COBOL codes and debugged using COOLGEN and Telon incorported the code into modules of the system.
- Designed tools using Rexx and Easytrieve .
- Hands on experience in Jobtrac and Control-M schedulers.
- Possess strong experience and extensive business knowledge in Banking, credit cards, Finance, Services and Retail domain applications.
- Experienced in working as telecommute(remote) and supported Clients diligently.
- Very good experience in trouble shooting and SQL Performance tuning.
- Experienced in using HP Application Lifecycle Management tool HP ALM QC for QA testing.
- Extensive experience in IT industry involved with complete Software Development Life Cycle SDLC.
- Provided 24/7 on-call Production Support and batch processing which include break fix, code updates, debugging tools, code enhancements and Enhancement Services for applications
- Experience working on the project built using the Agile Methodology. Involved in the estimate planning, design discussions and meetings for the project.
- Worked as a Team lead assigning work to team members, handle client calls and distributed tasks in the team during design, codin g and testing phases of the system.
- Quick learning attitude, excellent communication skills and organizational skills. Focus on quality & drive for excellence.
- Experience of direct interaction with the customers and a good team player with strong work ethics, hardworking, and commitment to excellence along with excellent Analytical and Programming Skills.
- Extremely well organized, with proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
Operating Systems: IBM Z/OS, iseries, OS/390 V2R10, Windows
Databases: DB2,IMS,SQL Server 2012
Technologies: COBOL,JCL,stored procedures,VSAM,REXX,Easytrieve,AS400 iseries(CL,RPG), MQ Series,Synon/2E,Coolgen,Telon,MVS,SPUFI,QMF,IDCAMS,IEBCOPY,IEBGENER,IEFBR14,File-Aid.
Transaction Server: CICS, TSO/ISPF
Tools: CHANGEMAN, Expeditor, ENDEVOR,ICETOOL
Schedulers: Control-M, Jobtrac
Lead- Senior Mainframe/AS400 Developer
- As part of the integrating efforts ( Confidential ) had extensive meetings with both the Business and Users teams to gather requirements.
- Served as Technical Lead for simultaneous conversion from Mainframe/AS400 Environment to SAP.
- Development of the new batch programs using COBOL, CICS and IMS, DB2.
- Generated COBOL codes debugged and tested the codes using COOLGEN and TELON.
- Development, maintenance and testing of the new batch programs using Synon, CL and RPG languages on iSeries AS400 environment.
- Designed a technique to transform DB2 tables into SAP schema of tables that maintains the DB2 key structure.
- Provided REXX / ISPF Dialog tools to automate the download of DB2, Flat File and source code data into flat files that could FTP to SAP platform.
- Debugging and implementing the system using Expediter Debug tool.
- Handling Ad-Hoc Requests.
- Used HP ALM QC to prepare Test cases, procedures and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Involved in production support activities. Ensured the batch cycle gets completed in time. Also, fixed the issues within the time mentioned in Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Gave extensive support as working in remote.
- Status Reporting and Responsible for the final delivery.
- Responsible for correct versioning of code by creating and moving the requests using Endeavor.
Senior Mainframe/AS400 Developer
- Devised the solution that maintained both the Jobtrac and Control-M schedulers with error handling and batch run.
- Development of programs and jobs using CL, RPG, JCL, COBOL, VSAM, DB2, IMS, CICS.
- Generated COBOL codes, debugged and tested the codes using COOLGEN tool.
- Extracting the process of batch run in Jobtrac.
- Scheduling the jobs for the batch run in control - M scheduler.
- Synchronisation of error handling using scheduler mapping.
- Trained developers in the techniques for making changes and using the selected process for identifying and handling those changes.
- Reviewing programs for QA.
- Developed and implemented new REXX / ISPF Dialog tool designed especially for trained and guided developers in its use.
- Also involved in monitoring the Batch Cycles.
- Handling Ad-Hoc Requests.
- Involved in preparing test plans for Independent Unit testing and Work package testing using HP ALM QC.
- Responsible for correct versioning of code by creating and moving the packages using Endeavor.
Tools: and Technologies: OS/390, COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS, store procedures, As400-CL and RPG,VSAM, SQL, SYNCSORT, JCL, TSO, COOLGEN, ISPF/PDF, HP ALM Quality Center, File-Aid, Endeavor, REXX.
Senior Mainframe Developer
- Involved in development/enhancement of applications using JCL, COBOL, PRO* COBOL, DB2, UNIX.
- Created online screens using CICS.
- Saved substantial time and cost by providing a new interface routine that accepted all the various names, inputs and outputs of many different date processors then called the one new processor to handle all the work.
- Unit and System testing of programs.
- Debugging of the programs using UNIX.
- Assumed responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the Defect Reporting System, a major Quality tracking and reporting system.
Tools: and Technologies: OS/390, COBOL, DB2, store procedures, JCL, PL/SQL, TSO, ISPF/PDF, IBM Utilities, PRO* COBOL, SQL, Expediter, UNIX.
- Developed parms, procs and Job based on the requirements using JCL, COBOL, Easytrieve.
- Implemented extensive code refactoring to attain expected response time for the application.
- Mailing format data is aligned in a flat file by sequence numbers.
- Deck of mail is created in DB2 tables.
- Coordinated with SIT& UAT team.
- Project monitoring and control during development and defects fixing.
- Involved in System testing and attending to the trackers raised and resolving them in time.
- Implemented code to production and monitoring the status.
Tools: and Technologies: OS/390, COBOL, DB2, SYNCSORT, SQL, JCL, TSO, ISPF/PDF, File-Aid, IBM Utilities, Rexx, Easytrieve.
- Prepared Low Level design document after analysing requirements.
- Creating a testing environment with online CICS/DB2 and batch programs using XPEDITER to analyse current processing and verify modifications during unit testing for the live environment.
- Copied files and DB2 tables; ran mass binds; modified the JCL and PROC Libraries for testing.
- Validating the data and manipulating it for the testing environment for checking the processes.
- Delivered environment with zero UAT defects.
Tools: and Technologies: OS/390, COBOL, DB2, CICS, JCL, SQL, TSO, ISPF/PDF, File-Aid, XPEDITER, Teradata.