- IBM DB2 Certified Mainframes Project Lead & Senior Developer with over 8 years of hands on experience in application development. Extensive experience in the IT industry , involved with full project life cycle, complete Software Development Life Cycle SDLC .
- Extensive Knowledge in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, implementation, testing, integration deployment, documentation and maintenance of IBM Mainframe applications.
- Strong experience working on large scale Mainframe applications interacting with Distributed systems via Java - JCICS layer, Integrated Architecture - AbInitio, Messaging Queue (MQ’s)
- Excellent working knowledge in Core Application design, Development, Testing and Production support. Developed programs which deal with MQ’s. Experience working on developing DB2 SQL’s and REXX tools. Possess strong exposure in working on both Batch and Real time Mainframe systems.
- Ability to multi-task work across different applications. Diverse work experience with different functionalities of the application, with Development and Production Support projects.
- Good experience of working in agile development projects and SAFe Agile methodology with acquaintance of working on Rally, Kanban framework, Remedy, Quality center, SharePoint. Involved in the estimate planning, design discussions and scrum meetings for the project.
- Strong experience working on projects in Insurance - Auto and Property, Healthcare and Manufacturing domain.
- Excellent strengths are my interpersonal skills by working in well diverse business settings . Experience in handling projects in various roles as Team Member, Team Lead, Technical Specialist, Programmer and Software Consultant.
- Hands on experience with OS/ 390, Z/OS, ISPF, VS COBOL II, DB2, CICS, MQ Series, JCL, VSAM, SYNCSORT, Easytrieve, File Aid, Xpeditor, InterTest, Endevor, BMC, DB2, IBM Utilities, REXX, Table Base table, IMS DB-DC, and CA-7 , SPUFI and QMF.
- Project delivery of various sizes, performance tuning , production support, trouble shooting.
- Perform impact analysis and provide solutions to user’s change requests.
- Extensive experience working as an onsite coordinator attending the project review meetings with Clients gathering requirements, preparing High Level Design(HLD), Low Level Design (LLD), transitioning the requirements and design to offshore for the Build activity.
- Excellent working knowledge in DB2.
- Hands on experience creating tables and stored procedures.
- Production implementation upon successful user acceptance testing.
- Very good experience in trouble shooting and system performance tuning.
- Update QMS (Quality Management System) documents like Project initiation, Project action plan, Detailed Requirements Specifications, Impact Analysis, File Specifications, System Run Chart (flow chart), Data Base Requirements, Program Specifications, Operation Manual, Program Development, Coding, Unit Test Plan, System Test plan, Inter System Test plan, Implementation plan and Post implementation check.
- Have automated activities using REXX, EXCEL Macros to improve throughput. Driving the Ideation campaign within the team to bring forth ideas on table, driving their evaluation .
Domain: Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing
Programming Languages: IBM Mainframe (MVS, JCL, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, REXX, IMS DB-DC)
Databases: IBM DB2 v 8.15, IMS DB
Operating System: Mainframe, Windows.
Tools: XPEditor, SPUFI, ENDEVOR, FileAid, QMF, SYNCSORT, Panvalet, sytriev
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Mainframe Project Tech Lead
- Playing the role of tech lead onshore and system analyst, my responsibilities include
- Analysis and Understanding the requirements and functional specifications.
- Preparation of TS (Technical Specifications) based on the existing functionality and requirements.
- Performing the system analyst’s role. Creating User stories by updating them with detailed narratives, assumptions, scope and Acceptance criteria.
- Participating in the planning sessions to create the work backlog and do the estimate and planning.
- Knowledge Transfer to the offshore team with business functionality and the new requirements.
- Participating in the design discussions with the architecture team and implementing the design.
- Working closely with the scrum master to remove any impediments, road blocks and issues that are blocking the stories.
- Perform analysis on the complex system functionalities and provide a direction to offshore team.
- Code, Debug and test complex programs.
- Development of the programs using COBOL, DB2, JCL, VSAM, CICS and MQ.
- Setting up Process to be followed from Offshore.
- Perform Peer review and log any issues and track till it is closed.
- Status Reporting and Responsible for the final delivery.
- Perform test plan reviews and assist QA team with any clarification on testing the functionalities.
- Work with the data governance team and finalize the data strategy. Define and build the data to be available for the application.
- Participate in the program Increment planning meeting, Iteration planning meeting, Scrum meeting and End of iteration Demos.
Environment: OS/390, Enterprise COBOL, CICS, DB2, DB2 stored procedures, VSAM, SYNCSORT, JCL, TSO, ISPF/PDF, SQL, Xpeditor, InterTest, File-Aid, File-Aid for DB2, Endevor, IBM Utilities, MQ Series, SPUFI, BMC, QMF, CA-7.
Mainframe Application Developer
- Analyzing the customer requests and providing a rough estimate for resolving the issue.
- Communicating with the customer for any clarifications needed regarding the issue raised.
- Coding and testing the changes (COBOL, JCL, and CICS) in test region.
- Preparing test results and sending them to the customer for approval.
- Raising an RFC for implementing the change and closing the requests.
- Providing the updates on the customer requests worked on for documenting the same in the IT LOG, maintained to track the requests.
- Monitoring the Job Abends and providing a timely update on the reason for the ABENDS. Keeping the tracking tool updated with the analysis on the ABEND.
- Reviewing peer work and documenting the same.
- Transferring knowledge to the new entrants.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
Mainframe Application Engineer
- Analyzing the customer requirements (Functional Specification Design document - FSD).
- Understanding the requirements and providing the analysis to onsite counterparts for High Level Design Process.
- Prepare the Low Level Design documents (Detailed Design Document - DDD) followed by coding (COBOL -DB2 changes, JCL’s, Stored Procs) and unit testing of the application modules.
- Walkthrough the unit testing results (UTR) to the onsite coordinators.
- Performing configuration management activities and confirming the delivery of proper versions to the next DB2 region.
- Resolving the raised defects in timely manner and supporting the third party testing teams by providing the required information regarding the changes to the application modules for a release.
- Designing REXX routines and automation tools in MS-Excel, Visual Basic for the various process activities carried out thus reducing the time and effort involved.
- Conducting Handshake sessions with the production support team to elaborate the changes done to the application during a particular release and also supporting the production support team with any issues, vantives or SR’s raised during the maintenance phase of the application.
- Actively conducting and participating in the knowledge sharing sessions conducted within the team and the project.