- 30+ years of business/technical multi - platform application software development and design experience on IBM mainframe, PC, UNIX, and client server.
- Expert in COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, JCL, MicroFocus, and various mainframe utilities.
- Extensive client-facing experience developing applications using Waterfall and AGILE project development methodologies.
- Proven leader with creative problem solving skills.
- Experienced in project management, technical business analysis, systems analysis and programming, QA, and performance assessment.
- JAVA trained at Illinois Institute of Technology
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Excellent team player and excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in a variety of industries, including insurance, finance, banking, and retail.
SDLC Skills: AGILE, RTC (Rational Team Concert), Waterfall, MS Project
Database/Data Access: Oracle, DB2, VSAM, IMS, RDMS, EDWD
Platforms: OS390, OS/MVS, Z/OS, UNIX, Microsoft Windows, Client-Server
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Developed functional and technical specifications to provide Virtual Credit Card payment method. This provides an alternative to existing vendor payment options (Wire, ACH and Check) allowing Confidential to optimize working capital while earning rebates from the utilization dollars, reduce check processing costs and reduce fraud risk.
- Designed and implemented bank reconciliation interface.
- Designed and implemented modifications to existing on-line panel processes.
- End-to-end testing between Confidential and their bank of choice.
Confidential, Elmhurst, IL
- Organized, coordinated, and monitored multiple (12+) projects and associated technical architectures.
- Developed/monitored project tasks using Agile development methodology; identified/tracked milestones and deliverables; managed progress on multiple projects; responsible for organizing and running status/update meetings; identified tasks for stakeholders and got commitments to deadlines and deliverables; reviewed and reported weekly status of assigned tasks to management and stakeholders
- Interpreted business/functional requirements and wrote technical specifications.
- Supported live application in production environment.
- Communicated with users to gather requirements and analyze/address issues.
- Interacted with other technology groups as needed; coordinated with off-shore users and developers.
- Followed Agile methodology in an MVS Mainframe, COBOL, DB2, and JCL environment.
- Identified/analyzed current batch jobs, utilities, COBOL programs, etc…to determine how existing CSD processing works.
- Identified/designed CSD data on XML output to feed into Confidential Exstream enterprise software application.
- Identified CSD data sources on input accounting interface files; involved several record formats and variable length sequential files; identified data to be retrieved from DB2 tables.
- Designed technical specifications for 4 new COBOL programs to retrieve statement data (for all statement types) from accounting interface files and generate XML output files for input to Confidential Exstream.
- Responsible for turnover of new technical design to off-shore via Technical walk-thrus and verified completed code via code walk-thrus.
Confidential, Lisle, IL
Mainframe Application Developer
- Researched defects, Loaded DB2 tables, modified JCL for production. Created SQL to provide Wholesale Note Dealer data from mainframe DB2 tables for PeopleSoft staff. Analyzed and estimated effort to convert, test, and promote mainframe decommission processes.
- Developed new program to extract truck engine emission test results and created files to report detail, group, and summary level data to the EPA. Project completed on-time with zero defects.
- Modified existing Engine and Truck data merge process to extract engine, vehicle, customer, and engine compliance data from several DB2 tables.
Confidential, Naperville, ILTechnical Business Analyst
- As Technical Business Analyst for EDW to EP (Enterprise Planning) Upgrade - Interfaced with BI and BO staff to develop ETL business requirements to map Sales and Markdown data from Oracle data bases to Enterprise Planning staging tables to be used by DataStage to feed current data into the Data Warehouse. Also created ODBC SQL and performed data analysis to extract and load EP staging tables using TOAD and SQL Manager.
- As Technical Business Analyst, designed and implemented COBOL programs for new Pricing Engine. Developed multiple interfaces to support mainframe B2B Off-Contract Pricing rules. Utilized Confidential Quality Center to manage and perform testing (unit, integration and system). Zero defects reported since installation into production environment.
- As mainframe developer, successfully implemented several new programs for SAP to IBM MVS/ZOS mainframe Item Consolidation interface. Worked with Business Analysts to re-work original design as needed. Also, developed solutions to complex processes that other staff members were unable to implement. Modifications required the use of COBOL, DB2, SQL, CICS, IMS, JCL, OS Utilities and Easytrieve.
Confidential, Downers Grove, IL
Sr. Mainframe Programmer Analyst
- Designed and implement several interfaces from legacy systems to Confidential Confidential Software.
- Supported 200+ DB2 tables, 2000+ COBOL/DB2 programs, 1200+ COBOL/CICS programs, and 250+ JCL streams.
- As Technical Business Analyst, interfaced directly with representatives of U.S. and Confidential banks in addition to key members of Knights of Columbus sales, business, and technical support staff to automate banking links to/from Confidential software. Elimination of manual efforts resulted in 40% increase in quality and productivity.
- Subject Matter Expert on the Liverpool Victoria project at the Confidential office in Exeter, England, provided assistance as well as guidance and training for functional and technical specifications. Reduced project timeline by 20%.
- Coordinated offshore training, implementation and post implementation support for the Nationwide Life Insurance Warsaw, Poland branch. Project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Used SAP for reporting time and travel expenses.